Author Topic: Intro....  (Read 10378 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
Re: Intro....
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2013, 07:09:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: traumagnet
Goose bumps on all accounts not a lot to say other than good read it exudes strength and describes the mindset that is needed to beat this bitch... A truckload of nicotine will not make one part of what you are dealing with any better.  I love your last line quit w you today bro...
Morgan, you are the man. I stand by anyone that stands by his dog, loves his dog and give the nic bitch the finger every day. God bless and thanks for sharing and being here.
That really sucks bro. Feeling for ya today. Had to put my dog down about 1.5yrs ago. Rough day for me... went and got another one that weekend. You got a badass attitude about your quit  I am proud to be quit with the likes of you! Hang tough  quit on!
I am sorry about your dog Morgan1. That hurts. You need anything let me know. Text, call whatever anytime.

I just read your last 2 posts. Damn you are solid bro, proud to be quit with you.

Ryan
Sorry for your pain Morgan. I lost my Coco years ago, hurts like a mother.
ODAAT and we're better men!
NAFAR cause in the daylight we know better.
Cheers and prayers to you and yours.
I would never dishonor your memory by using it an excuse to poison my face.
Well said ^^^

Knowing they aren't in pain any longer is what got me through today.

Quit with you
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Goose bumps on all accounts not a lot to say other than good read it exudes strength and describes the mindset that is needed to beat this bitch... A truckload of nicotine will not make one part of what you are dealing with any better.  I love your last line quit w you today bro...
Morgan, you are the man. I stand by anyone that stands by his dog, loves his dog and give the nic bitch the finger every day. God bless and thanks for sharing and being here.
That really sucks bro. Feeling for ya today. Had to put my dog down about 1.5yrs ago. Rough day for me... went and got another one that weekend. You got a badass attitude about your quit  I am proud to be quit with the likes of you! Hang tough  quit on!
I am sorry about your dog Morgan1. That hurts. You need anything let me know. Text, call whatever anytime.

I just read your last 2 posts. Damn you are solid bro, proud to be quit with you.

Ryan
Sorry for your pain Morgan. I lost my Coco years ago, hurts like a mother.
ODAAT and we're better men!
NAFAR cause in the daylight we know better.
Cheers and prayers to you and yours.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2013, 02:04:00 AM »
Fucking dogs. They are like little people. I swore up and down I'd never get another dog after my pug, Wally died. I cried like a baby. Son of a bitch was one of my best friends.

Now I have a 3 year old pug, Stella laying on my lap as I tap this out.

Sorry to hear of your loss, bro. Hang tough and very good points about dip not making anything better.

Good shit.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
Wow, that's some tough spot Morgan! Thoughts  prayers with you on the loss of Shane  the strength to help your daughter through!

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »

Ryan

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »
Goose bumps on all accounts not a lot to say other than good read it exudes strength and describes the mindset that is needed to beat this bitch... A truckload of nicotine will not make one part of what you are dealing with any better. I love your last line quit w you today bro...

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
Goose bumps on all accounts not a lot to say other than good read it exudes strength and describes the mindset that is needed to beat this bitch... A truckload of nicotine will not make one part of what you are dealing with any better. I love your last line quit w you today bro...
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Morgan1

I just got back from the vet after having my dog put down. He had liver cancer and for the last 8-10 months was living on borrowed time. It spread to his lungs and this morning he was wheezing bloody foam from his nostrils. This dog was also blind. He was almost 13 years old and has had some sort of health problems virtually very step of the way. His name was Shane (after Shane Matthews former UF QB). He was a tough motherfucker and I never expected him to make it 10 months after being diagnosed with advanced liver cancer. He stood by me when my selfish bitch ex wife walked out the door. He was about as good a friend as you could have. He's gone now. So I guess I better go stuff poison in my face right? I mean after all, I had to deal with adversity. (Oh and I STILL get to tell my 6 year old daughter that loves that dog more than anything - except me - that he has gone to doggie heaven. That outta be a real treat. She'll probably cry for hours and nothing I do is bringing her buddy back) So yeah, it's a tough fuckin day. As bad as other stuff I've seen guys get through on this site? Nah..but bad enough. Certainly a lot worse than 99% of the pussy reasons I've seen guys go back to finger banging cans for. My point is this - shitty day + dipping = shittier day. Even if I wanted to dip, I wouldn't even dream of it because I know the truth. 1 problem + dipping = 2 problems - besides I fuckin posted roll today and I honor that shit. This is the attitude EVERY quitter on KTC should have. If you don't, then queen Nikki is right around the corner watching your every move and waiting for you to get mad that your skirt got dirty or your lipstick got smudged. RIP Shane - I'm gonna fucking miss you buddy. I would never dishonor your memory by using it an excuse to poison my face.
feel for you man, always one of the worst when you lose a family member whether 2 or 4 legged.

Offline BamaHutch

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-20
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
You da man. Thanks

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »

I just got back from the vet after having my dog put down. He had liver cancer and for the last 8-10 months was living on borrowed time. It spread to his lungs and this morning he was wheezing bloody foam from his nostrils. This dog was also blind. He was almost 13 years old and has had some sort of health problems virtually very step of the way. His name was Shane (after Shane Matthews former UF QB). He was a tough motherfucker and I never expected him to make it 10 months after being diagnosed with advanced liver cancer. He stood by me when my selfish bitch ex wife walked out the door. He was about as good a friend as you could have. He's gone now. So I guess I better go stuff poison in my face right? I mean after all, I had to deal with adversity. (Oh and I STILL get to tell my 6 year old daughter that loves that dog more than anything - except me - that he has gone to doggie heaven. That outta be a real treat. She'll probably cry for hours and nothing I do is bringing her buddy back) So yeah, it's a tough fuckin day. As bad as other stuff I've seen guys get through on this site? Nah..but bad enough. Certainly a lot worse than 99% of the pussy reasons I've seen guys go back to finger banging cans for. My point is this - shitty day + dipping = shittier day. Even if I wanted to dip, I wouldn't even dream of it because I know the truth. 1 problem + dipping = 2 problems - besides I fuckin posted roll today and I honor that shit. This is the attitude EVERY quitter on KTC should have. If you don't, then queen Nikki is right around the corner watching your every move and waiting for you to get mad that your skirt got dirty or your lipstick got smudged. RIP Shane - I'm gonna fucking miss you buddy. I would never dishonor your memory by using it an excuse to poison my face.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2013, 12:20:00 AM »

I had friends in town this weekend including one of the original guys I started dipping with in the late 80's. He still dips. He got to my house around 6 pm on Sat and we all drank and partied until around 3:30 am (ouch). Slept till about 9 then we all went to breakfast. My buddy wanted to see my parents after 20 years or so and we ran by there. Then he hit the road around noon. So he was in Orlando for about 18 hours - about 5.5 of which were spent sleeping. In roughly 12 hours I saw my buddy dip constantly. He drank beer with a dip in half the time. He had one on the way to breakfast - I mean it was in his mouth 10 minutes after getting up. Then on the way to my parents place he had another one in. There were beer bottles with spit in em on my counter. Now the reason I type this is not to judge him or berate him. Whatever - he's a grown man and I'm not a crusader - he knows when he decides to quit I'll help him but you have to want it yourself. The reason I type this is because I saw exactly the guy I was for years. Dipping is a part of who he is - everything about it was natural. Fluid. Dipping was no different to him than eating or breathing. He never once looked unsure about packing one in. It just flowed. That's the scary part about that dirty poison - it creeps into your very being. It becomes part of who you are. Seeing my buddy dip all weekend reminded me of how much I enjoy being quit. Dipping ISN'T part of who I am. It's part of who I once was. I feel fortunate that I have learned and experienced things that my friends eyes haven't seen yet. 454 days ago I was just like him. Thanks KTC community for opening my eyes.
Wow congrats on 454  some story! It really does become part of who you are though  who you see yourself as  it does really become just as easy as eating or breathing. Who knows though? I'm finding out the more people I tell that I quit, the more positive responses I get. Your friend might just learn from your example too.

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »

I had friends in town this weekend including one of the original guys I started dipping with in the late 80's. He still dips. He got to my house around 6 pm on Sat and we all drank and partied until around 3:30 am (ouch). Slept till about 9 then we all went to breakfast. My buddy wanted to see my parents after 20 years or so and we ran by there. Then he hit the road around noon. So he was in Orlando for about 18 hours - about 5.5 of which were spent sleeping. In roughly 12 hours I saw my buddy dip constantly. He drank beer with a dip in half the time. He had one on the way to breakfast - I mean it was in his mouth 10 minutes after getting up. Then on the way to my parents place he had another one in. There were beer bottles with spit in em on my counter. Now the reason I type this is not to judge him or berate him. Whatever - he's a grown man and I'm not a crusader - he knows when he decides to quit I'll help him but you have to want it yourself. The reason I type this is because I saw exactly the guy I was for years. Dipping is a part of who he is - everything about it was natural. Fluid. Dipping was no different to him than eating or breathing. He never once looked unsure about packing one in. It just flowed. That's the scary part about that dirty poison - it creeps into your very being. It becomes part of who you are. Seeing my buddy dip all weekend reminded me of how much I enjoy being quit. Dipping ISN'T part of who I am. It's part of who I once was. I feel fortunate that I have learned and experienced things that my friends eyes haven't seen yet. 454 days ago I was just like him. Thanks KTC community for opening my eyes.
Good stuff there Morgan.......thanks for sharing your weekend with us. Proud to be quit with you again today
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »

I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline jaginvest

• Quitter
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Congratulations Brother!
Quit Date: 06/26/2012 3rd Floor: 04/21/2013
HOF Date: 10/03/2012 4th Floor: 07/30/2013
2nd Floor: 01/11/2013 5th Floor: 11/07/2013
6th Floor: 02/15/2014 7th Floor: 05/26/2014