Author Topic: Skoalahagen  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Skoalahagen
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Good job giving the cans away. Frankly I wished you had flushed them down the toilet.

Reinvent yourself. You are now a bad ass quitter and bad ass quitters do not tolerate some lying can of whore to hang out in their house.

You are no longer the guy who had a long term relationship with nicotine and even though the relationship has ended, it is ok to be friends with her and keep a few simple reminders around. Yes, I know you gave the cans away. Make sure there is no more romantic memories either.

I hate nicotine. I hate the fact that these companies specifically try to make it their product as addictive as possible. I hate that when I choose to not use their product I feel so bad I can't think, drive, count money, or sleep. I hate they make it in every flavor and delivery method possible. These people suck. They are evil and I see too many people too miserable. I will keep zero memories of her. Join me TPhillips in saying 'Finger' Nicotine.

Offline TPhillips6026

• Interests: Fire training, music, and sports. Typical man.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 07:43:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Gather up all those cans, flush the contents if there is anything in them, and throw them out.  There is absolutely no reason to have these laying around...you're just playing with fire.  Based on your avatar, you know that's not a good idea.

Now....don't argue about it, toss those cans out.
Just did brother. Gave all the chew i had to a fellow firefighter. It was hard to do but it's for the best.
'irish' Firefighter: The Desire To Serve, The Courage To Act, The Ability To Perform. 'irish'

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
Quote from: TPhillips6026
Day 2. In rolls the fog. I was driving to the store to get coffee this morning and constantly would have to recorrect my driving. I walked into the store and was instantly pissed off. There was no noise or anything. I couldn't count the money out of my wallet. I ended up just handing a 20 when it was only 5 bucks for coffee and doughnuts. Sleep was iffy through the night. I would wake up every hour or so. It would take about 30 minutes to fall back asleep. I've been leaving cans of skoal and copenhagen around to get used to seeing temptation. It's been rough and it's gonna be rough. But every bit of pain and suffering is worth it. With the help from my brothers, I'll pull through this. Thanks to all.
Gather up all those cans, flush the contents if there is anything in them, and throw them out. There is absolutely no reason to have these laying around...you're just playing with fire. Based on your avatar, you know that's not a good idea.

Now....don't argue about it, toss those cans out.

Offline TPhillips6026

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 05:56:00 AM »
Day 2. In rolls the fog. I was driving to the store to get coffee this morning and constantly would have to recorrect my driving. I walked into the store and was instantly pissed off. There was no noise or anything. I couldn't count the money out of my wallet. I ended up just handing a 20 when it was only 5 bucks for coffee and doughnuts. Sleep was iffy through the night. I would wake up every hour or so. It would take about 30 minutes to fall back asleep. I've been leaving cans of skoal and copenhagen around to get used to seeing temptation. It's been rough and it's gonna be rough. But every bit of pain and suffering is worth it. With the help from my brothers, I'll pull through this. Thanks to all.
'irish' Firefighter: The Desire To Serve, The Courage To Act, The Ability To Perform. 'irish'

Offline JParis6014

• Quitter
  • Interests: Spending time with my beautiful girlfriend, Firefighting, Hunting, Fishing, Backpacking, Mountain Biking, Guns, Guitars, Music, Beer, and pretty much anything that has to do with the outdoors.....
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
Tyler brother. Just take this a day at a time. You will have shitty days and good days and days when both shitty and good intermingle. Embrace "the suck", power through "the fog" and the headaches and the cravings and the mouth sores and the insomnia and all of the rest of the shit because it will all be worth it. Keep your word first and foremost, don't be a caver like some we have already had in this group. Post roll everday in the morning. Keep yourself accountable to us as we are your quit brothers and in return we will keep ourselves accountable to you. Stay quit one day at a time. Welcome to the rest of your nic free life brother. If you need anything at all hit me up. I will see you around the fire station. Thank God we have some of that Wintergreen flavored herbal mint chew haha.
04/27/2011-"The first day of the rest of my life."

'irish' 'irish' "Proud to be Irish, proud to be a fireman!" 'irish' 'irish'

"Firefighting is all about ASS. Busting ours to save yours."

"I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman." ~Edward F. Croker~FDNY Fire Chief

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
I'm guessing you're coming up on 18 hours or so? AWESOME. Embrace the suck!!! That is the feeling of healing, brother.

Stay strong. Post roll, keep your word and repeat. Read everything you can on this site. Don't think about tomorrow, next week, or next month. We'll worry about those when they get here. Just focus on the present and fight like hell to make it through today.

Read all you can on this site. You've taken the first step...let us help you with the rest. Have a great weekend and stay strong, brother!!!

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »
Give your word.

Keep it.

Everything else will fall into place.

Offline BTM99

• Quitter
  • Interests: St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis BluesGolfMizzou
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
Hour 8. It's already kicking in. From the can gone from my back pocket to the digging in between my teeth to get out pieces of snuff. I'm missing it. But I'm not caving. It's all going to be worth it. Once my Smokey Creek Chew arrives, everything will be fine. I hope. I know the first 48 are going to be rough but I'm going to push through it. With a choice of cancer or headaches and insomnia, I'll go with the latter.
Hang in there. Day 1 and 2 were toughest for me. I ordered a sampler log of Hooch on Moday and had it in my mailbox by Wednesday! I am just ahead of you, but the days get easier as the week goes along. David Chili Lime sunflower seeds w/ extra cayenne pepper sprinkled in have saved me, even more than the Hooch. Going to order a log of Smokey Mtn. next.

Hang tough brother. We are in this fight together. Shoot a meaasge if you need any support.

BTM99 - Day 5 and loving it.

Offline southtexasman

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
Hour 8. It's already kicking in. From the can gone from my back pocket to the digging in between my teeth to get out pieces of snuff. I'm missing it. But I'm not caving. It's all going to be worth it. Once my Smokey Creek Chew arrives, everything will be fine. I hope. I know the first 48 are going to be rough but I'm going to push through it. With a choice of cancer or headaches and insomnia, I'll go with the latter.
In a pinch (no pun intended) coffee or tea grounds have seen me through some rough craves.
SoTex

Quit Date 3-10-11 8:00 a.m.
HOF 6-17-11

If it has tits or tires you can expect its gonna give you trouble.

...so that his place is never with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

My HOF Speech....hope it helps

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
great decision. you won't regret it. only thing you could regret would be not quitting. Stock up on other substitutes until the fake arrives. Gum, seeds, jerky, atomic fireballs, jolly ranchers....whatever it takes.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline TPhillips6026

Skoalahagen
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »