Author Topic: New and Ready to Quit  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Scottydog

• Quit Date: 2014-11-12
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New and Ready to Quit
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
Thanks everyone, I'll be close to KTC this weekend. Just reading this afternoon helped as I felt like climbing the walls. Sure, I've had the occasional nicotine fit in the past, but as a chewer I never had to suffer on long plane flights or a movie. So for the most part I never felt that hooked.
This is pretty brutal but I'm going to stay tough.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
Scottydog,
Glad you are here with us. Get ready to battle this addiction and quit each day.
Build a network of support and get active on KTC it will save your life.
Charles

Offline rhamsher

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
Quote from: tarpon17
Welcome! All good advice flowing here. Trust us, we know how to quit. There's tons to learn here, take up a chair and start reading. A good quitter is an informed quitter!
Embrace the SUCK and NEVER put that shit in your mouth again!!! That is our promise to each other every damn day!!! It gets a little bit easier every day but I have learned you never stop being a quitter!

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
Welcome! All good advice flowing here. Trust us, we know how to quit. There's tons to learn here, take up a chair and start reading. A good quitter is an informed quitter!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
You can dump the addiction forever, but you always be an addict. It took me weeks to get that through my head - NAFAR - Never Again For Any Reason. Stay strong this weekend, and stay close to the KTC. Get some numbers from some vets and February 2015 quit group guys, you are not alone in this fight today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:52:00 PM »
Quote from: osage
Quote from: Scottydog
Hi everyone. 20 year dipper looking for support, started with Skoal cherry when I was young, then moved on to Cope. I've been a ninja dipper for most of that time due to the new pouches that started coming out years ago. When I would travel on the road, which is frequent, I would use Cope. At home and office, Skoal pouches and nobody knew I was an addict. This is my first real time quitting. I was busted by my dentist on Wednesday who could see by the white tissue in my mouth that I used tobacco. He said he doesn't lecture his patients, we're all adults, but we need to watch that area and he needs to know immediately if there are any changes. Needless to say, that's when I said "enough". That morning everything I had went into the trash. To be truthful, this is the first time I really feel like an addict because (for the most part), I was always able to have a chew when I wanted. I always had two pouches on the way to work, two at noon, two on the way home and two after dinner. This was the general schedule for the last 5 years.

Today I can feel the withdrawals big time. I've had some major cravings and my head feels like it's in a vice. In addition, the fog has moved in and coffee consumption has doubled. I'm not giving up, the thought of returning to the dentist for a biopsy scared the crap out of me. It's time I dump this addiction forever.

Thanks for this website and listening.
Scotty - Good to see you quit. Looks like you figured out how to post roll. Post every day first thing. This is going to suck, but what else would you expect after 20 years. Exercising and drinking tons of water helped me. Get yourself some seed, jolly ranchers, suckers or whatever it takes. Take it one day at a time.
Welcome. Caffeine will make the withdrawals more painful. We recommend water and exercise.

You will do this. Just decide to be quit and stay with the pack here.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline OSAGE

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Scottydog
Hi everyone. 20 year dipper looking for support, started with Skoal cherry when I was young, then moved on to Cope. I've been a ninja dipper for most of that time due to the new pouches that started coming out years ago. When I would travel on the road, which is frequent, I would use Cope. At home and office, Skoal pouches and nobody knew I was an addict. This is my first real time quitting. I was busted by my dentist on Wednesday who could see by the white tissue in my mouth that I used tobacco. He said he doesn't lecture his patients, we're all adults, but we need to watch that area and he needs to know immediately if there are any changes. Needless to say, that's when I said "enough". That morning everything I had went into the trash. To be truthful, this is the first time I really feel like an addict because (for the most part), I was always able to have a chew when I wanted. I always had two pouches on the way to work, two at noon, two on the way home and two after dinner. This was the general schedule for the last 5 years.

Today I can feel the withdrawals big time. I've had some major cravings and my head feels like it's in a vice. In addition, the fog has moved in and coffee consumption has doubled. I'm not giving up, the thought of returning to the dentist for a biopsy scared the crap out of me. It's time I dump this addiction forever.

Scotty - Good to see you quit. Looks like you figured out how to post roll. Post every day first thing. This is going to suck, but what else would you expect after 20 years. Exercising and drinking tons of water helped me. Get yourself some seed, jolly ranchers, suckers or whatever it takes. Take it one day at a time.

Offline Scottydog

• Quit Date: 2014-11-12
New and Ready to Quit
« on: November 14, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »