Author Topic: It's time to quit  (Read 2325 times)

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time to quit
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Thenyyankeefan
Today is Day 14. It feels good. I have been using Chantix (not a nic replacement) and it has helped quite a bit. I do get some weird ass dreams with it, but it helps. First 3 days were still foggy as shit, but I did not get as bad of headaches with Chantix. I am also using Smokey Mountain and Jack Link's Jerkey Chew when I think I "need" a dip and that helps also. I thank everyone on this site that is involved more than just posting roll. Especially pab1964. He was the first to reach out to me and is an amazing help on this website. I know you probably don't think you have done much, but just reaching out to me helped a fuck ton.
Big accomplishment man. Congrats. Quitting is quite the roller coaster ride so hang on tight and keep reading and posting. It's so much easier when you utilize all the support you have here. I tried Chantix way back but had the same problem with the messed up, vivid dreams. Only lasted about a month or so. Do whatever it takes to never put the poison back in your system. Keep it up man. It will get better!

Quit with you today.
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline Kwarner2015

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 12:32:00 PM »
Stay strong brother, I'm also early in this quit and want to let you know that I will commit to staying quit with you today! Pm me if you want to exchange numbers.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 11:25:00 AM »
Today is Day 14. It feels good. I have been using Chantix (not a nic replacement) and it has helped quite a bit. I do get some weird ass dreams with it, but it helps. First 3 days were still foggy as shit, but I did not get as bad of headaches with Chantix. I am also using Smokey Mountain and Jack Link's Jerkey Chew when I think I "need" a dip and that helps also. I thank everyone on this site that is involved more than just posting roll. Especially pab1964. He was the first to reach out to me and is an amazing help on this website. I know you probably don't think you have done much, but just reaching out to me helped a fuck ton.
That's why it works here Yankee. Damn proud of you and your two weeks. That's a hell of an accomplishment, and you will have many more if you keep following the recipe. Quit with you today.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
Thanks Matt it's what we all want to do brother, help anyway we can and give back what's been given to us. I was in the same boat as you when I started had about 5 vets jump my ass, it pissed me off ,like who the funk you think you are? Long story short it was what got me here now and I'm thankful every day. Thank you that defines ly made my quit stronger today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thenyyankeefan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-01
  • Interests: storm chasing, deer hunting, gaming, music, camping, outdoors in general, Green Bay Packers, Oklahoma Sooners Football, Oklahoma City Thunder, Anaheim Ducks, New York Yankees
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
Matt aka Thenyyankeefan
Quit Since 8/1/2015
HOF: 11/8/2015

"Piss poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine." - My Father
"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top" - Unknown
"Facing it, always facing it, that's the way to get through. Face it." - Joseph Conrad
"Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday." - Dale Carnegie

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »
So today is Day 6 and I feel MUCH better than I did a few days ago. The fog SUCKS ASS! I just read the topic on Caffeine and quitting nicotine on the KTC main page. I think that might be why I am SUPER hyper. The first 3 days of my quit, I had NO energy and just wanted to sleep and do nothing. Now, I am so damn hyper. Maybe I need to cut down on caffeine?
Matt I had all kind of issues with withdrawals and I will say laying off caffeine helped a ton. Just wanted say you're doing great! Keep staying involved. Post in other groups, any and everything will strengthen your quit! Damn proud of you! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thenyyankeefan

• Quitter
  • Interests: storm chasing, deer hunting, gaming, music, camping, outdoors in general, Green Bay Packers, Oklahoma Sooners Football, Oklahoma City Thunder, Anaheim Ducks, New York Yankees
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 04:24:00 PM »
So today is Day 6 and I feel MUCH better than I did a few days ago. The fog SUCKS ASS! I just read the topic on Caffeine and quitting nicotine on the KTC main page. I think that might be why I am SUPER hyper. The first 3 days of my quit, I had NO energy and just wanted to sleep and do nothing. Now, I am so damn hyper. Maybe I need to cut down on caffeine?
Matt aka Thenyyankeefan
Quit Since 8/1/2015

"Piss poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine." - My Father
"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top" - Unknown
"Facing it, always facing it, that's the way to get through. Face it." - Joseph Conrad

Offline Thenyyankeefan

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Thanks to all of you. This site really does help a TON. Every time I feel the need for nicotine, I log in to KTC and start reading introductions or words of wisdom or anything related to what we all have been through or going through. Oh and btw, love your name King Nothing. Metallica is amazing! About as amazing as this 'boob'
Matt aka Thenyyankeefan
Quit Since 8/1/2015

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 11:30:00 AM »
Keep it up Yankee. It will get easier. Just worry about today. Get through, read all day long on KTC if you have to, but do not break your promise to your brothers today.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 10:20:00 AM »
Today is Day 4 and I feel better this morning than the past 3 days.
One foot in front of the other brother, you can and will do this! Keep killing it, keep putting your name on roll.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Thenyyankeefan

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
Today is Day 4 and I feel better this morning than the past 3 days.
Matt aka Thenyyankeefan
Quit Since 8/1/2015

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 10:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Matt 3 days is a big accomplishment! Quitting is the hardest thing I've ever done....but also one of the most rewarding. There is no secret to making it easier, you just have to dig deep everyday and find one reason....any reason to stay quit. What I can offer you is a promise that it gets easier, and the knowledge that if thousands of us can stay quit, so can you. Good luck.
Matt doing great my friend. Got a good group of badass quitters supporting you,keep up with your part- posting roll and these dudes will show you the land of freedom! Quit on!

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »
Matt 3 days is a big accomplishment! Quitting is the hardest thing I've ever done....but also one of the most rewarding. There is no secret to making it easier, you just have to dig deep everyday and find one reason....any reason to stay quit. What I can offer you is a promise that it gets easier, and the knowledge that if thousands of us can stay quit, so can you. Good luck.

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
The first three days are the worst. They will pass. But if you ever feel like caving, remember how you feel right now. You never want to go through this shit again. So don't cave, drink the KTC koolaid, post roll, and QLF. If you don't already have some, get some numbers. I can't tell you how many times Smeds texted me early in my quit with a simple "how's the quit?" And that shit saved my life. 410 days later and I'm still posting roll (after a bit of an absence because I thought I was a special butterfly and knew what to do after I hit the HOF). This is your intro, you can give a play by play of a dirty anal gangbang on here and as long as it helps your quit, do it. Proud to quit with you
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Thenyyankeefan

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
Today fucking sucks. It is Monday and I am at work. It is Day 3 without out that nasty bitch habit and I feel like fucking hell. If it gives you any idea what I deal with, I am IT phone support for a branch of the government. I woke up with morning thinking I would not even go into work today or make it through the day. I woke up and posted roll first thing and THEN read on KTC a bit more. Don't really remember what I read, but it made me feel better and got up and went to work. I physically feel exhausted and like total shit, but reading stories on KTC gave me the strength to get out of bed this morning and go to work. Not sure if I really am supposed to keep a journal under Introductions, so let me know if I am doing this wrong. I just needed to express the above to someone. I am now leaving work, so this day will get a bit easier. I hope tomorrow (Day 4) is better than today.
Matt aka Thenyyankeefan
Quit Since 8/1/2015