Author Topic: Scared to death  (Read 8404 times)

Offline Jenahen

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2019-12-11
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Scared to death
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 07:33:00 AM »
Hi Cindy glad your here. I saw you posted day 2. That is awesome. One day at a time. I used the smokey mountain mint pouches for 3 months and it really saved me. You might use them less or more. It doesn't matter, as long as it isn't nicotine do it. I think it is harder to be a woman quitting, because chances are her man still chews, so we get to see it and smell it everyday. I am telling you that you will stay quit if you use this site to its fullest. Hop in chat, text us, post anywhere on this site, anything you need will be there to help.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Cindy
Thank all of you. I have been quit for almost 10 hours now. It is close to bed time and to be honest I feel miserable, where as earlier I was kind of embracing my miserable, now it's getting tough. I got some smokey mountain mint pouches (non tobacco, non nicotine) and I have used two of them although I wish I didn't even cave that much. This has been one of the longest days of my life, but I am determined to ride it out. I can't sit around and wait until a doctor tells me I HAVE to quit because by then it could be too late. I want my freedom back from the nasty stinking crap. I don't want to worry that my kids will get started on it because mama does it. I want to be a role model for them.
You gotta do what you can to stay busy especially for the first few days. will it suck? Yes It Will!!! Does it get better? YES IT DOES!!! You are in the right place to quit. There are plenty of girl quitters here as you have found out. All the advice given is rock solid.

Post Roll Daily
Honor your word
Be active here.

That's all it takes to be successful. I have done it for the past 215 days and I feel AWESOME. One thing you will need to learn is how much you HATE Nicotine. Once you Hate it, keeping clean is easier.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
Thank all of you. I have been quit for almost 10 hours now. It is close to bed time and to be honest I feel miserable, where as earlier I was kind of embracing my miserable, now it's getting tough. I got some smokey mountain mint pouches (non tobacco, non nicotine) and I have used two of them although I wish I didn't even cave that much. This has been one of the longest days of my life, but I am determined to ride it out. I can't sit around and wait until a doctor tells me I HAVE to quit because by then it could be too late. I want my freedom back from the nasty stinking crap. I don't want to worry that my kids will get started on it because mama does it. I want to be a role model for them.
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 10:31:00 PM »
Welcome to the site quitter. You CAN do this. One day at a time is the way. Read all you can here. Get some numbers. You WILL learn how to live without the poison.

Offline Bam0821

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-29
  • Interests: Kicking the habit and being a mom
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »
Quote from: kickthecope30
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Bam0821
Hey Cindy! I'm the poster South mentioned that also has 2 sons. You've made the right decision today. You will never regret quitting, but you'll always regret dipping, and it sounds like you already do. Walk away from that shit and don't look back. I'm PMing you my number right now.
The girls here are tight. August had none, Sept has Jenahen, October has BAM and WINTER BRAND, Nov, don't recall. Dec, AmyJo and Skissy. Why not form an all girl text group? Love my two groups I'm in. They're my 2nd most powerful tool after posting roll daily.
Bam is a bad ass quitter. She has kept my stupid ass on the right path a few times during my quit. Take her advice, she will help you stay accountable I promise!
November has Lao.
My protocol is all awesome, all the time.

Just kidding, I'm pretty fucking vulgar.

Offline kickthecope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-24
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Hey Cindy! I'm the poster South mentioned that also has 2 sons. You've made the right decision today. You will never regret quitting, but you'll always regret dipping, and it sounds like you already do. Walk away from that shit and don't look back. I'm PMing you my number right now.
The girls here are tight. August had none, Sept has Jenahen, October has BAM and WINTER BRAND, Nov, don't recall. Dec, AmyJo and Skissy. Why not form an all girl text group? Love my two groups I'm in. They're my 2nd most powerful tool after posting roll daily.
Bam is a bad ass quitter. She has kept my stupid ass on the right path a few times during my quit. Take her advice, she will help you stay accountable I promise!

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »

Offline Bam0821

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-29
  • Interests: Kicking the habit and being a mom
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
My protocol is all awesome, all the time.

Just kidding, I'm pretty fucking vulgar.

Offline Southpaw32

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-28
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »
Hey we got two badass girls in October that are killing it, Bam0821 and WINTER BRAND. I got a lot of respect for both of em one has two sons and the other is in Afghanistan. You can do this! Post roll every day and read as much as you can.
Dip kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
Most of my friends and family do know I dip. That being said, those of them that dip don't plan to quit, and the ones that smoke cigarettes act like snuff shouldn't be as hard to quit as their cigarettes are and act like I'm goofy when I say it's hard. Lol
QLF ODAAT..

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
Cindy I don't want to speak for the rest of the women on this site....but I imagine that for women quitting is harder because it's tough to talk to anyone, because most people don't know you dip. But being here already puts you ahead of the game, it takes some stones to enter a website like this as a woman. If your husband won't go along with...that's fine, you can do this yourself I dipped for decades, and had pretty much resigned myself to a life of chewing. But thanks to this site, I am quit today.
This site is about taken control of your life, as much as it is about quitting nicotine. Make a daily promise (without fail) then keep that promise. You'll be amazed how that will carry you through some rough times. Great decision and good luck.

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
Welcome to the family Cindy. Just wanted to encourage you to let you know that you're not alone. You can do this  with the help of this KTC entourage we will get you there. Hydrate, read, hydrate, exercise  hydrate some more. I quit w/ you!

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Does the water help, I guess?
Yes, it helps flush the nicotine out.
If you pass a bathroom without having to pee, you're not drinking enough water.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
Yes, it helps flush the nicotine out.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
QLF ODAAT..