Author Topic: Round Three!  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Jameso

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-03
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Round Three!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »
What part of South Louisiana are you from? I am in Slidell, but have lived in Houma and Lafayette as well. Welcome aboard.
Quit hard or Geaux home

I might be dead and gone tomorrow, but it won't be because I had tobacco in my mouth today.

Quit Date - 2/3/12
HOF Date - 5/12/12
2nd Floor - 8/20/12
3rd Floor - 11/28/12
4th Floor - 3/8/13
5th Floor - 6/23/13
6th Floor - 9/24/13
7th Floor - 1/2/14
8th floor - 4/12/14
9th Floor - 7/23/14

My HOF Speech

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Why aren't you back on quitsmokeless for another round? Obviously they cater to serial cavers; we don't.
Nice day 2 roll post!

We don't come in here to "try" again. We DO. We post roll and quit today.

Trying to quit is for losers...
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 01:48:00 AM »
Why aren't you back on quitsmokeless for another round? Obviously they cater to serial cavers; we don't.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline jaradm

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8/27/18
  • Interests: Family, hunting & fishing.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: JaradM
Jarad, welcome from one newbie to another.  Glad you got your quit on, and glad you're here.  Read, read, read, and post, post, post.   Stay strong and shout out when you need a hand.
Thanks a bunch!
You ever been on this site before, Jared?

You are familiar with the program so you have a leg up. Post roll, and takes this seriously.

One of the things we ask of returning members (but can be asked to anybody) is to answer the 3 questions about your failure:

What happened?
Why did it happen?
What are you doing differently this time?

You've been through the program twice and failed twice. Answer these questions truthfully, and you never will have to again. The key to your quit is found in the 3 questions.
One of the things we ask of returning members (but can be asked to anybody) is to answer the 3 questions about your failure:

What happened?
Why did it happen?
Got cocky and thought I had it beat. Quit checking in on roll call. Same story as the rest of the returners who are here to try it again.

I will not make the same mistake again!
I want to inspire others! I quit with you today!

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
Quote from: JaradM
Jarad, welcome from one newbie to another.  Glad you got your quit on, and glad you're here.  Read, read, read, and post, post, post.   Stay strong and shout out when you need a hand.
Thanks a bunch!
You ever been on this site before, Jared?

You are familiar with the program so you have a leg up. Post roll, and takes this seriously.

What happened?
Why did it happen?

You've been through the program twice and failed twice. Answer these questions truthfully, and you never will have to again. The key to your quit is found in the 3 questions.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jaradm

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
Jarad, welcome from one newbie to another.  Glad you got your quit on, and glad you're here.  Read, read, read, and post, post, post.  Stay strong and shout out when you need a hand.
Thanks a bunch!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »
Jarad, welcome from one newbie to another. Glad you got your quit on, and glad you're here. Read, read, read, and post, post, post. Stay strong and shout out when you need a hand.

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Hey Jarad, congrats on finding KTC. This is not a place for stoppers. Or pausers. This is a place for quitters. Like you, we want to live long healthy lives and live to see our children get married and and to get to meet our grandchildren. Keeping this addiction real is just one of the powerful tools here to help us quit. So. Next step is to find your quit group which is April 2014. And post your day 1 . Look up top and look for "Inbox". I'm sending you a pm with my number. If your serious about being quit, I'll quit with you. Text me and let's get started.

Gdubya

Offline jaradm

• Quitter
Round Three!
« on: January 01, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
First off Happy New Year to everyone!

Now a little bit about myself. I am 34 years old and from south Louisiana. Been married for 12 years and have one child (2 year old).

I have been chewing tobacco for about 15 years now. I am also a past member of quit smokeless.org. I have been through 2 previous quits that lasted a year and the other 6 months.

I am here to start this journey once again and this time it will be a successful one. I miss the freedom of being dip free!

My daughter means the world to me and the last thing I want to do is get cancer and have her sit by my bedside and watch me die. I am also quitting to prove to myself that I can follow through.

With the support of the great people on this site I have faith that I will follow through this time.

Looking forward to getting this quit started!!