Author Topic: Still Struggling  (Read 2916 times)

Online Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
Re: Still Struggling
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 12:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Elizabeth529
Hello Everyone,

My name is Elizabeth. This week is the first time I have seriously thought about quitting the nic bitch. I am making my quit date for Saturday that is when I get paid and can buy Nicotine gum and mint snuff. I just don't think I'll be able to do it without the gum and mint. I have been a slave for 21 years and I am terrified. I want to stop so bad....I am an addict...I have anxiety, depression and have struggled with various forms of addiction my whole adult life....food....ecstasy in the 90's and a few years ago even crack....:( That was embarrassing to admit. I have managed to kick all those bad habits accept dipping. I have been eating right exercising, lost weight...and now I have to quit the hardest thing ever...dip. It has always been my clutch, my vice to get through stress, anxiety, depression you name it. My addiction to dip has gotten so out of control that I am now keeping it in my mouth little bits so hardly anyone notices at the office and I am a damn Professional Social Worker with a degree. I am falling asleep with it in....I just went through a horrible break-up, got out of a 5 year relationship which has been very stressful and emotionally painful and that is not helping me quit. :( What is wrong with me??? I am terrified of the health consequences. I need to quit NOW. Was in chat earlier for the first time and already received so much inspiration and support from the folks who were in there with me. I am so glad I found this site. I am going to do this...I have too...I hope it's not too late. :( I live in South Florida, where I started when I was 21..now I am 42...I wish I never would have put that first dip in my mouth. :( I had no idea 21 years later I would still be this addicted. To think of what I could have bought with how much money I have spent on this crap. :(
I hate to bust your bubble but you can't quit and use nicotine at the same time. Nicotine gum is just a replacement and if your mint snuff has nicotine in it same thing. We quit cold turkey here one day at a time.

So no quit date, no nicotine. Quit as soon as you read this and don't ever go back!

Dump all of it, quit, and find your March 17 quit group. Lots of folks there are waiting for you to join them if you can really quit. It's up to you really.

Offline elizabeth529

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/5/2016
  • Interests: Conspiracy Theories, Christianity, music
  • Likes Given: 136
Still Struggling
« on: December 07, 2016, 11:43:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Elizabeth. This week is the first time I have seriously thought about quitting the nic bitch. I am making my quit date for Saturday that is when I get paid and can buy Nicotine gum and mint snuff. I just don't think I'll be able to do it without the gum and mint. I have been a slave for 21 years and I am terrified. I want to stop so bad....I am an addict...I have anxiety, depression and have struggled with various forms of addiction my whole adult life....food....ecstasy in the 90's and a few years ago even crack....:( That was embarrassing to admit. I have managed to kick all those bad habits accept dipping. I have been eating right exercising, lost weight...and now I have to quit the hardest thing ever...dip. It has always been my clutch, my vice to get through stress, anxiety, depression you name it. My addiction to dip has gotten so out of control that I am now keeping it in my mouth little bits so hardly anyone notices at the office and I am a damn Professional Social Worker with a degree. I am falling asleep with it in....I just went through a horrible break-up, got out of a 5 year relationship which has been very stressful and emotionally painful and that is not helping me quit. :( What is wrong with me??? I am terrified of the health consequences. I need to quit NOW. Was in chat earlier for the first time and already received so much inspiration and support from the folks who were in there with me. I am so glad I found this site. I am going to do this...I have too...I hope it's not too late. :( I live in South Florida, where I started when I was 21..now I am 42...I wish I never would have put that first dip in my mouth. :( I had no idea 21 years later I would still be this addicted. To think of what I could have bought with how much money I have spent on this crap. :(
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday!