Author Topic: Manning Up  (Read 5591 times)

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Manning Up
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
Derik, dude you da man. I haven't had a dip dream yet, still looking for that one.

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Camping, Skiing, Craft Beer
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
Just a quick little update, mouth pain is about where it was yesterday. It's inconvenient, but not painful enough to keep me away from my spicy foods. :D

Also, I had another dip dream last night. I still can't get over how real they are... when I woke up I had to check all my old hiding places to make sure I hadn't actually caved. Stay vigilant men.

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Camping, Skiing, Craft Beer
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: DerikR
Officially one month quit! Man, it feels good. The nic bitch has been pretty quiet the past week or two, hence why I haven't been updating my intro. Over the last couple days I've been experiencing dull headaches and some minor mouth pain. I'm not 100% sure this is the bitch at work, but I've been lured back to chew too many times in the past to write her off. Lots of water and atomic fireballs for this guy until things quiet down again. Stay quit gents.
Well done bro....

just keep it up and never let your guard down as the nic bitch lies in wait until we are at our weakest. So remember to learn the tools here.

Quitting beside you today
Sounds good. Congrats on a month! Keep it going. Where do you get the atomic fireballs? Is there a bulk package? I need to quit these seeds. They're pissing my wife off.
I bought a bulk tub of them at Party City, it was $10 for a 150 count tub. I'm sure there are other places to get them too, like Sam's Club, Amazon, etc. I chewed seeds exclusively for the first week or two, but they make a mess and they tore my mouth up.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Officially one month quit! Man, it feels good. The nic bitch has been pretty quiet the past week or two, hence why I haven't been updating my intro. Over the last couple days I've been experiencing dull headaches and some minor mouth pain. I'm not 100% sure this is the bitch at work, but I've been lured back to chew too many times in the past to write her off. Lots of water and atomic fireballs for this guy until things quiet down again. Stay quit gents.
Well done bro....

just keep it up and never let your guard down as the nic bitch lies in wait until we are at our weakest. So remember to learn the tools here.

Sounds good. Congrats on a month! Keep it going. Where do you get the atomic fireballs? Is there a bulk package? I need to quit these seeds. They're pissing my wife off.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
Well done bro....

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
I've been lazy about updating my intro the last couple days, so time to bring it up to speed.

Day 20 was a bit of a roller coaster. Church and lunch with the family went well, but then the Chiefs shit the bed and lost a game they should have won. Lots of stuff being thrown around the room, but no cave.

Day 21 was nice. As soon as I finished class I drove up to the airport and picked up my girlfriend. We spent the day together, watched the games at our go to bar, then dropped her off and headed home. Unfortunately my phone died before I got the chance to post roll, so I posted for day 21 and today as soon as I got home.

Day 22 has gone well so far. Still haven't been sleeping well, but I'm starting to get used to running off minimal sleep. Tomorrow we leave for family Thanksgiving in Kansas, so the next few days will be challenging due to the change in routine. I've got my collection of numbers to use if things get rough, so I'm confident that I'll be able to fight the bitch off.

Offline georgehayduke

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain Biking, Golf, Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, Hiking
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. My old college roommate is coaching high school football now and his team won a big football game last night so he wanted to smoke a celebratory cigar. I turned it down, but I won't pretend it wasn't tempting. Aside from that day 18 went well.

Day 19 - Mouth pain is gone, sores have finally healed. I got up really early to hunt this morning, but unfortunately didn't have any luck. Snuck in a quick power nap when I got back, now up for a day of college football. I'll be avoiding the temptation of nic by watching with friends that don't chew or smoke. I quit with all of you today.

Also, I want to take a minute to thank huzsker for his support. Since we're both in college and in our early 20s, we've been texting most days to hold each other accountable and fight through the triggers that college life throws at us.
Well Done Derik! You got through a major trigger and very proud of you. Sorry the hunt didn't pan out, but a power nap and late season college football is a good day. Stay strong Bro!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
Also, I want to take a minute to thank huzsker for his support. Since we're both in college and in our early 20s, we've been texting most days to hold each other accountable and fight through the triggers that college life throws at us.

This ^^^^ is great. I'm glad to see you using the tools fellows. Accountability is key. It makes giving in that much harder. If you ever get a chance a meet would do wonders for both of you. Quit with ya'll today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. My old college roommate is coaching high school football now and his team won a big football game last night so he wanted to smoke a celebratory cigar. I turned it down, but I won't pretend it wasn't tempting. Aside from that day 18 went well.

Day 19 - Mouth pain is gone, sores have finally healed. I got up really early to hunt this morning, but unfortunately didn't have any luck. Snuck in a quick power nap when I got back, now up for a day of college football. I'll be avoiding the temptation of nic by watching with friends that don't chew or smoke. I quit with all of you today.

Offline ihatecope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family & Football
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Bluetiereign
Just a quick update from day 17. The dip dreams have been recurring the last couple nights. They aren't pleasant by any means, but I have a history of sleep paralysis so things could be worse. The mouth pain is gradually getting better; of the cut and 2 sores, I'm down to one sore that is beginning to heal. I'm already starting to prepare for the weekend to ensure my quit isn't ruined. QLF
Day 18.. Hang in there. You got this.
These are the signs that we are in this fight to free ourselves from nicotine. Damn it feels good standing up and swinging back at the nic bitch instead of the pussy alternative.
Quit: Saturday Oct 26, 2013 @ 2:00 PM
HOF: February 2, 2014

Offline Bluetiereign

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2008-07-17
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
Just a quick update from day 17. The dip dreams have been recurring the last couple nights. They aren't pleasant by any means, but I have a history of sleep paralysis so things could be worse. The mouth pain is gradually getting better; of the cut and 2 sores, I'm down to one sore that is beginning to heal. I'm already starting to prepare for the weekend to ensure my quit isn't ruined. QLF
Day 18.. Hang in there. You got this.
Quit Date : July 17, 2008
My First Roll Call
2000 Days: : Jan 7, 2014
-------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge is Power

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Hang tough Derek. I promise things will get better, a lot better. Your making your way to the door my friend.

I to had a battle with mouth problems. The worst was over after about 40 days, keep in mind i said worst.

I see your keeping your intro updated. This is a great resource to look back on in the future.

Your doing great Derek. Good things coming. Quit with you my friend.
Keep it strong man, and remember all that you got here to lean on when you need.

It is not weak to lean on others in time of need, instead it is wise.

yell if you need anything.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »
Hang tough Derek. I promise things will get better, a lot better. Your making your way to the door my friend.

I to had a battle with mouth problems. The worst was over after about 40 days, keep in mind i said worst.

I see your keeping your intro updated. This is a great resource to look back on in the future.

Your doing great Derek. Good things coming. Quit with you my friend.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
Thats it brother. Protect your quit. We are all one dumb screwed up mental break down from being back on day 1. If you need anything holler.