Author Topic: Manning Up  (Read 5588 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Manning Up
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
Hell yes Derik! I love the idea of the rink side seats. You'll definitely have earned it at 100 days. I highly respect your decision to quit!

Now, about that drinking (as I write this with half finished beer next to me)...

I'd avoid the bar scene for a while. Get a solid foundation of success before introducing alcohol and chewing buddies into the mix. I don't doubt your resolve for a second. But, I also don't doubt that you've done some pretty stupid shit as an "illegal drinker". Don't let that stupid shit be putting nic in your system. There is no excuse.

Post roll first thing every morning. And take that seriously. We don't take this lightly. PM me your phone number and I'll keep you accountable. And maybe call you at 3 am just for the shit of it. I'm a heavy breather.
Glad to see you figured roll out. Don't worry about any day but today. We quit one day at a time for a reason, more than that will become overwhelming. I'll second smokeys warning about alcohol we've seen to many quitters cave under the influence early on. I'll be posting with you daily.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Manning Up
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:28:00 PM »
Hell yes Derik! I love the idea of the rink side seats. You'll definitely have earned it at 100 days. I highly respect your decision to quit!

Now, about that drinking (as I write this with half finished beer next to me)...

I'd avoid the bar scene for a while. Get a solid foundation of success before introducing alcohol and chewing buddies into the mix. I don't doubt your resolve for a second. But, I also don't doubt that you've done some pretty stupid shit as an "illegal drinker". Don't let that stupid shit be putting nic in your system. There is no excuse.

Post roll first thing every morning. And take that seriously. We don't take this lightly. PM me your phone number and I'll keep you accountable. And maybe call you at 3 am just for the shit of it. I'm a heavy breather.

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Camping, Skiing, Craft Beer
  • Likes Given: 0
Manning Up
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
Hi all, my name is Derik. I am 21 years old and I've been chewing 1/2 can a day for the past 5 years. I've been trying to convince myself to quit for at least the past year, but every time I wind up giving into the cravings and buying a new can the very first day of my "quit." Not this time. I'm tired of feeling dependent on my can, sinking tons of my hard earned money into big tobacco, and especially seeing the look of disappointment from my family any time they see me with a fat lip of Copenhagen. I've officially hit the 24 hour mark from my last dip and it's already been a battle.

I'm so glad I've found a community of people that have been or are currently going through the same challenges I'm facing. A bit of background about me: I'm from the state of Missouri, I'm currently living in St. Louis, and I'm studying business. My favorite sports teams are the St. Louis Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Blues, and Mizzou Tigers. Being a recently legal drinker, my favorite hobby right now is watching sporting events at the many bars in downtown St. Louis. I also enjoy golfing, camping, fishing, and playing slowpitch softball. If you're ever in the area, message me and we can grab drinks to celebrate being quit!

Since I've been trying so hard to quit for the past year, I plan to treat myself at the end of 100 days with the money I would have spent on chew in that time. I haven't decided for sure yet but I think I want to either get rink side tickets to a Blues game for my girlfriend and myself or get my first tattoo. Thanks for taking the time to learn a little about me and I look forward to becoming close friends with all of you as we fight this bitch they call tobacco together!