Author Topic: NEW QUIT DAY 14  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Newcal

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: NEW QUIT DAY 14
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
First off, I wanted to thank you guys for taking time to respond. I am always amazed at how guys on this site rally around a "guy in need". You all are busting butt on your quit, yet still have the time to help!

All of your words are appreciated and help. It is nice to hear from a couple of the May Quitters. We do have a great group.

I guess I just am having a moment of being a puss! It brings me comfort to know that this is a normal process. I am a guy who has had very good health, and now that I experience daily dizzyness etc... it worries me and i do not do well with worrying. This was the reason I quit in the first place. Wanted to quit worrying about the ramifications of dipping. The good news is that not once have I been tempted to go back to the can no matter how terrible and uneasy I have been feeling. This I am thankful for. This withdrawal will be my last!

Again, I appreciate hearing from members of the sight. You can read about withdrawal symptoms on websites all you want, but it is nice to hear actual people giving details. Especially comforting to me, since I have been in a 44 day fog, when "experts" say 3 days and you have it kicked! :)

Still would welcome any other quitters sharing symptoms!

Offline Capt Kylos

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-11-28
  • Interests: 2nd Dan Black Belt ITF Taekwondo, Judo, Krav Maga,Jujitsu, fishing, single malt scotch and craft beer.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
Ahh the 40 day funk....this is the funk that was the worse for me and it really tried to sink my quit....so I called a vet (T-COPE) and it really saved me...it grounded me and allowed me to forge on in my quit. What you are experiencing is totally normal...if you need an extra number feel free to PM me.
Chew is for the weak, the ignorant, the stupid.....don't be stupid. Not stupid as of 11/28/10
Before you cave read this http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4938
Acting with almost as much speed as cyanide, nicotine is well
established as one of the most toxic drugs known. In humans,
60mg (a drop) is a lethal dose, and death follows intake within a few minutes. Dr. Charles Ksir

Mouth cancer kills
one American every hour.

Stay Quit...it's life or death.....
Don't Cave

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Welcome to recovery.
Your body is healing.
This will pass.
Carry on.
BTW, that's a nice quit you guys got going on in May.

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Newcal
Fellow quitters.  I am a proud member of the May quit group.  I am currently on Day 44 of my quit.  My craves are much fewer and I can honestly say,  I am solid in my resolve to quit.  WIth that said, I am not letting my guard down. 

I am looking for words of wisdom from you all.  I had the typical symptoms of quitting.  I then had about a week where I began to feel better.  This week, it seems that My ears have the full sensation again, Slight dizziness is back, the general fog is back.  Fatigue is also back and I am feeling all around kind of depressed.  Slight tingling in my hands at time.   

During these times, it seems that many of us tend to think the worst about our condition.  Something truly is wrong, etc.  I would just like to know how you guys are feeling or felt during this time frame.  My desire to want to feel better will continue to fuel my quit!  I guess i am just in need of a little friendly support from some guys who have gone through or are going through this.  I have no desire to begin dipping again, just want some support with these symptoms to put my mind at rest a little!

Words of wisdom are greatly appreciated!! 
Happy to be quit with you all!
Hey May brother,

Though I won't claim to have any real words of wisdom for someone only two days behind myself I will say that my day 15-35 were a breeze.

I am still cruising along quite well but my excitement for the quit is certainly not as much; however, my resolve to quit is greater than it has been before. I don't want tobacco in my life, it has no place in my life. I have other things I could use the money on, most important is feeding and clothing my children.

The last 11 days have been quite interesting because I feel like I may have hit a solid "funk" a little early. I was never one that got intense craves rather bursts of mild ones that were debilitating. I am again experiencing this.

This time I have a greater understanding of what is going on. The nic bitch is no longer present, this is myself saying one would be OK. The thing is here, I notice that this is going to happen and I have to draw a line for myself. To much reveling in the "benefit" I would get from just one is the moment of planning a cave.

The second that those moments hit I stop what I am doing and think. During day 15-35 I would just keep moving and it would pass. Now I need to consciously stop and explain to myself what the hell I am doing..."I am the one that brought the thought in to my head, I am the one that must control how far this goes. One is not OK and will never be OK. Do you want to be a slave again or not?"

This has been vital to me because I kept thinking "I don't care if I think about Nic Bitch all day long because I now have control over her". So I would find myself thinking about it for extended periods of time because I was proud that I could. It's not her anymore, it's me alone.

Now I must control myself rather than the Nic Bitch. Which means I battle myself exclusively and I have unlimited control... I like it that way.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
I don't know if it's the support you're looking for newcal, but the sensation of my ears being full, a slight dizziness, fatigue and tingling pretty much describes what's been going on with me at day 47. Since day one I've had a kind of pressure on my temples and forehead and slight feeling of unreality. I could go on, I suppose, but thinking about these symptoms seems to make them worse. You have company, I guess is all I meant to say.

We're getting better; I'm sure of that - although it doesn't always feel like it.. Congratulations on the big 44. Quitting is becoming a habit.

Offline Newcal

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
Fellow quitters. I am a proud member of the May quit group. I am currently on Day 44 of my quit. My craves are much fewer and I can honestly say, I am solid in my resolve to quit. WIth that said, I am not letting my guard down.

I am looking for words of wisdom from you all. I had the typical symptoms of quitting. I then had about a week where I began to feel better. This week, it seems that My ears have the full sensation again, Slight dizziness is back, the general fog is back. Fatigue is also back and I am feeling all around kind of depressed. Slight tingling in my hands at time.

During these times, it seems that many of us tend to think the worst about our condition. Something truly is wrong, etc. I would just like to know how you guys are feeling or felt during this time frame. My desire to want to feel better will continue to fuel my quit! I guess i am just in need of a little friendly support from some guys who have gone through or are going through this. I have no desire to begin dipping again, just want some support with these symptoms to put my mind at rest a little!

Words of wisdom are greatly appreciated!!
Happy to be quit with you all!

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Newcal
Thanks to all who took the time to read my post and the time to reply. Very much appreciated! Cant wait to get all the bouts with Lightheadedness, tingling fingers and feet, occasional shakes and anxiety OVER WITH!!! All I have to do is not dip today, and life will be great! Thanks again guys!
You're doing great, and it does get better. After these first few days of physical discomfort, the real battle begins: the one that doesn't end - the battle with your own mind.

Keep posting roll. Stay accountable. Don't let up.

Offline Newcal

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Thanks to all who took the time to read my post and the time to reply. Very much appreciated! Cant wait to get all the bouts with Lightheadedness, tingling fingers and feet, occasional shakes and anxiety OVER WITH!!! All I have to do is not dip today, and life will be great! Thanks again guys!

Offline shortround

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting. Quit. Quitition. Quitocracy. Quitorama. Quitography. Quit-a-lit-a-ding-dong. And finally, your mom.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
Welcome newcal and great decision. You'll find this site to be instrumental on helping you stay quit. There are a lot of great folks around these parts.

Glad to be quit with you!
Freedom - 8 January 2011
HOF Date - 17 April 2011, 2nd Floor - 26 July 2011, 3rd Floor - 3 November 2011, 4th Floor - 11 February 2012

How bad do you want to quit? - posted by NOLAQ
"I'm an F-18 nic bitch, and I'll destroy you in the air." - The Sheen

"The truth, when you finally chase it down, is almost always far worse than your darkest visions and fears." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
Welcome !!

Like you I found the site on my 14th day quit. I thought I was losing my mind. Turns out it is all pretty normal stuff. I am going to send you some information that will help. Check your inbox (1 ).

That should keep you busy for awhile. When you finish reading that wander around the site and read all you can.

Great Decision !!!

Offline Larry Drummer

• Quitter
  • Interests: quittin, living....
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
We're glad you made the decision to quit the nic and grab control back into your life. Keep us posted on the shakes...I hope they get gone.
Keep up the quit!

Offline Newcal

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Jaygib
Thank you so much for the reply. Really helps me. My fog is clearing. More only physical effect left is a constant shaking for the past 2 days. My body doesn't physically tremor, I just feel a shake inside me. Almost like a spasm throughout my body. Hoping this too will pass.
I have no desire to take a dip which is nice. Just want the shaking to go away!
Thank you again.

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
Welcome and well done so far. Is it normal...yes, no, is there a normal? Some of us will find our heads swimming longer and will covet that fix longer than it seems we should and others just brush the dust off and walk away from our killer friend.
My fist 2-3 weeks were rougher on me emotionally and mentally then I'd have imagined and yet physically not a problem at all. It's like my body realized this quit was real so it wasn't gonna ask but the mental and emotional side of me that used to control when and how much we were dipping have been in mutiny at times because other parts of me are making those decisions.

The quit decisions you've made in the last 2 weeks were the hardest and most important you'll make but they are done. They've made future decisions easier regardless of life's stresses you'll face at the time. Don't put artificial landmarks on your quit just know that you're able because you've chosen this path. Just enjoy the quit ride!
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline Newcal

• Quitter
NEW QUIT DAY 14
« on: March 04, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
Hello all. I took my last chew 14 days ago. I am so lucky I found this site. I was a chewer for 14 years. I gave a cowards effort to quit last year. Figured I would go with the committ nicotine lozenges. I was a fool. That turned into using lozenges at work and then dipping in the morning, lunch, after work. Ended up getting hooked on lozenges and kodiak.

Anyways. 14 days ago I decided to quit cold turkey. Woke up in the morning and just wanted to quit cold turkey. No dip no lozenges ..... nothing. I just want to get better. I am quitting for myself and look at every pain and moment of suffering as a step closer to feeling normal.

I am still in the fog. Is it normal to still be foggy after 14 days? I am constantly lightheaded when I stand up and I get spells of cold hands and the shakes. I am hoping this is all part of the process!

I look forward to providing as much support as you will give me.
I know I will not chew today!