Author Topic: Wow, Ive really been doing this 30 years?  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wow, Ive really been doing this 30 years?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
Quote from: jsasports
Ok Folks,

I'm 47 years old and I am a can and a half day addict. If I am awake, my lip is fullof copenhagen silver top. Ashamed and emabarrassed, Ive decided today is the day, and for fo first time since I can remember, I was able to not open the can since 8:00 am this morning.

I know most fols think I will fail, and maybe I will, but It wont be without a fight. I am tired of lying to friends and family, freaked out about he health consequences now that I am in my mid  forties, and asahmed that I have ever gotten in this shape.

Wish me luck and pisitive vibes, if you believed in prayer put in a good word for me.
Well JSA it really doesn't matter what anybody thinks about your success of quitting except for YOU!!
If you have a fucking can of copensnuff still around flush or dump that shit NOW!!!!
As for wishing you luck, we don't quit with luck it is pure and simple integrity: you post a promise every morning to your quit group not to use nicotine in any form for that entire day, anyone can do that one fucking day. Then we repeat it the next day.
Your 47 yr old BFD. You've been dipping for 30 yrs BFD. most of the guys and gals here on KTC are definitely younger than you again BFD. Maybe they are smarter because they are waking up sooner in life maybe not, it really doesn't matter. I thought it did 46 days ago, I felt sorry for myself because I waited so fucking long to quit. I wasted all of my adult life being addicted to the bitch nicotine. Well if it makes you feel any better you are smarter than me and are quitting a nasty Addiction sooner in life than this prick. I'll be 55 in a couple weeks and have been addicted for well over 38 yrs. also I didnt have to be awake to have a chew in I had a mouth full of shit 24/7 ( even ate with it sometimes) You think your embarassed GOOD YOU SHOULD BE so am I. I hated myself and everything about life because it all revolved around a nasty piece of shit in my mouth.
Now as for help here: If you use it to the fullest extent you will cruze through your quit with flying colors, you will hate the suck of detox THAT IS A GOOD THING embrace it, you will grow to appreciate that statement. Don't quit alone you dont have to thats what we all are here for we need each other. Sorry guys I just cant seem to get a message in just a few words.
Pm me I'll be glad to help.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Ok Folks,

I'm 47 years old and I am a can and a half day addict. If I am awake, my lip is fullof copenhagen silver top. Ashamed and emabarrassed, Ive decided today is the day, and for fo first time since I can remember, I was able to not open the can since 8:00 am this morning.

I know most fols think I will fail, and maybe I will, but It wont be without a fight. I am tired of lying to friends and family, freaked out about he health consequences now that I am in my mid  forties, and asahmed that I have ever gotten in this shape.

Wish me luck and pisitive vibes, if you believed in prayer put in a good word for me.
I too am a 47 yr old Cope addict whose been dipping for over 38 yrs. until 260 days ago when my 45 yr old dipping buddy told me he has stomach cancer. He thinks he'll live through the end of this year.

Good to hear you know you're an addict. Just to make sure you understand what that means - you must never put nicotine in your body again. Not once. Never. Dump all your shit.

Luck is required for a random event outside of your control. Quitting is the exact opposite of luck - you absolutely control whether you stay quit or not. It is YOUR CHOICE.

Burn the boats. Shut the door. Ban the nic from ever entering you body again. Make quitting the number one priority in your life. Post roll call. Keep your promise. Repeat. Quit.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 02:30:00 PM »
Ok Folks,

I know most fols think I will fail, and maybe I will, but It wont be without a fight. I am tired of lying to friends and family, freaked out about he health consequences now that I am in my mid forties, and asahmed that I have ever gotten in this shape.

Great choice on quitting today!

We dont wish here we quit here!

I believe you have what it takes to get the job done so post in August 2012 group and read as much information as possible here on this site!

Your first few days are going to be tough so dont think they wont  you have to believe that today is your last day dont think about tomorrow just today!

The formula is quite simple but the results are amazing!

1. Post roll every morning giving your promise to not use nicotene at all!
2. Keep your promise for that day
3. Repeat daily!

Like I said simple formula amazing results!

PM me if you need numbers or anything
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline jsasports

Wow, Ive really been doing this 30 years?
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »
Ok Folks,

I know most fols think I will fail, and maybe I will, but It wont be without a fight. I am tired of lying to friends and family, freaked out about he health consequences now that I am in my mid forties, and asahmed that I have ever gotten in this shape.