Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21215 times)

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #291 on: September 05, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: srans
Quote from: CBird65
badassery bumpage on Comma Day! 

'clap'
Nice... ^^^ times 2..
Very NICE the Sherpas have come for you...Keep up the great work SCOdaddy
2 words....

Congratulations

Thanks

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #290 on: September 05, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Quote from: srans

'clap'
Nice... ^^^ times 2..
Very NICE the Sherpas have come for you...Keep up the great work SCOdaddy
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #289 on: September 05, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »

'clap'
Nice... ^^^ times 2..
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #288 on: September 05, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »

'clap'
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: Scowick65

How to strengthen a quit.

This weekend 20 or 30 quitters met in Limerick, PA.  We had a wide range of quit days.  Newer members to some of our founders, including Chewie.  We calculated 23,000+ days of quit with about $100,000 dollars taken away from the pockets of Big Tobacco. 

Regardless of the days quit, everyone had something to offer.  Everyone.  The food was amazing and the fellowship was deep and heartfelt.  We all left with a stronger quit.  We were rejuvenated and looking forward to posting Monday morning with friends that changed lives forever.   The nic bitch was shaken.

For me, most notable was my observations of the spouses.  Some had been to a meet before but some were apprehensively coming to a meet for the first time, unsure of meeting their husband’s strange internet friends.  I watched their apprehension melt away and a sense of comfort cross their face as they begin to realize that their husband was intertwined in a group determined to INVEST in people and insure that they too could turn a life of addiction into a life of freedom.  The joy in those women’s’ faces brings tears to my eye.    I chatted with 7 or 8 women for quite a bit.  We talked about the lying, the hiding, the Ninja dipping and time away from the family.  It was their story.  It was my story.  They now knew their spouses were in the hands of the resolute.  A ring of friendship and accountability that drew quitters from across the country.

Put a stake in the ground.  Meet and invest in the fellowship of quit.  Attend a quit meet; an investment that shall repay many times over.  For us?  Well, we are already planning to meet again in Savannah, GA January 31-February 2, 2014.  Join us?

BaitBanjo said, "If I knew quitting was this fun I would have quit a long time ago".  Well said friend.  Quit on.

Scodaddy.
Holds true at every meet I've attended. You already know Mrs. Radman fit that description. This is an amazing brotherhood. See you in January.
cannot add more Sco just so memorable with everyone.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »

This weekend 20 or 30 quitters met in Limerick, PA. We had a wide range of quit days. Newer members to some of our founders, including Chewie. We calculated 23,000+ days of quit with about $100,000 dollars taken away from the pockets of Big Tobacco.

Regardless of the days quit, everyone had something to offer. Everyone. The food was amazing and the fellowship was deep and heartfelt. We all left with a stronger quit. We were rejuvenated and looking forward to posting Monday morning with friends that changed lives forever. The nic bitch was shaken.

For me, most notable was my observations of the spouses. Some had been to a meet before but some were apprehensively coming to a meet for the first time, unsure of meeting their husbandÂ’s strange internet friends. I watched their apprehension melt away and a sense of comfort cross their face as they begin to realize that their husband was intertwined in a group determined to INVEST in people and insure that they too could turn a life of addiction into a life of freedom. The joy in those womenÂ’sÂ’ faces brings tears to my eye. I chatted with 7 or 8 women for quite a bit. We talked about the lying, the hiding, the Ninja dipping and time away from the family. It was their story. It was my story. They now knew their spouses were in the hands of the resolute. A ring of friendship and accountability that drew quitters from across the country.

Put a stake in the ground. Meet and invest in the fellowship of quit. Attend a quit meet; an investment that shall repay many times over. For us? Well, we are already planning to meet again in Savannah, GA January 31-February 2, 2014. Join us?

BaitBanjo said, "If I knew quitting was this fun I would have quit a long time ago". Well said friend. Quit on.

Scodaddy.
Holds true at every meet I've attended. You already know Mrs. Radman fit that description. This is an amazing brotherhood. See you in January.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »

This weekend 20 or 30 quitters met in Limerick, PA. We had a wide range of quit days. Newer members to some of our founders, including Chewie. We calculated 23,000+ days of quit with about $100,000 dollars taken away from the pockets of Big Tobacco.

Regardless of the days quit, everyone had something to offer. Everyone. The food was amazing and the fellowship was deep and heartfelt. We all left with a stronger quit. We were rejuvenated and looking forward to posting Monday morning with friends that changed lives forever. The nic bitch was shaken.

For me, most notable was my observations of the spouses. Some had been to a meet before but some were apprehensively coming to a meet for the first time, unsure of meeting their husbandÂ’s strange internet friends. I watched their apprehension melt away and a sense of comfort cross their face as they begin to realize that their husband was intertwined in a group determined to INVEST in people and insure that they too could turn a life of addiction into a life of freedom. The joy in those womenÂ’sÂ’ faces brings tears to my eye. I chatted with 7 or 8 women for quite a bit. We talked about the lying, the hiding, the Ninja dipping and time away from the family. It was their story. It was my story. They now knew their spouses were in the hands of the resolute. A ring of friendship and accountability that drew quitters from across the country.

Put a stake in the ground. Meet and invest in the fellowship of quit. Attend a quit meet; an investment that shall repay many times over. For us? Well, we are already planning to meet again in Savannah, GA January 31-February 2, 2014. Join us?

BaitBanjo said, "If I knew quitting was this fun I would have quit a long time ago". Well said friend. Quit on.

Scodaddy.

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE
I know the following to be true:

1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.
^^^^^ Absolute fact.
Nope..I have to call B.S.! Just ask exile...
I agree with Rad and Sco every a.m. of my life.
1 problem + Nictotine = 2 problems!
After I read 30's reply and derk40 asked if I was calling out Scowick, I thought I better clarify prior post before scowick hands my ass to me or some other vet.

I was being Sarcastic considering exile's choice to cave. Exile says it is the answer!

Although the logic is good, I would actually suggest the answer is a "Slew" of problems in stead of just two. Because the thinking that justifies using Nic as a coping skill infiltrates thinking in other areas and pollutes the whole damn thing. I think it was Diesel that posted, "it only takes one turd to ruin a whole gallon of ice cream." It was something like that.

Anyway, I due agree with

1 problem + nicotine= 2 problems.
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #283 on: August 13, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff

^^^^^ Absolute fact.
That math looks right to me. FI, care to elaborate on why it isn't true?
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #282 on: August 13, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »

^^^^^ Absolute fact.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #281 on: August 13, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »

^^^^^ Absolute fact.
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »

^^^^^ Absolute fact.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
Quote from: omahaflyer
Quote from: jbradley
The Highly Effective Habits of the Nic-Bitch and Why Tomorrow means you Just Lost.

TRUTH: The only way the nic-bitch gets a hit of nicotine is if she can convince YOU to plan, obtain and ingest nicotine.   She has NO choices available.  Only YOU have free will, the power of Choice.

How does she win?  How does a cretin with no free will, no ability to obtain nicotine get it? 
1.  The Nic-Bitch is laser focused on TODAY.  TODAY is all that matters to her.  REPEAT, TODAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO HER. Nicotine use today = Victory. 
How do you counter?  You must focus only on TODAY.  Not next week’s test or tax season or whatever.  Today.

2.  The Nic-Bitch begins with the end in mind - Nicotine today. 
How do you counter?  The quitter MUST begin with the end in mind.  Each Today begins by Posting Roll ~ Begin the Today with a promise.  “I will not use nicotine Today”. 

3.  The Nic-Bitch offers fake Win-Win schemes.  She will whisper in your ear and will accept any scheme you come up with about the future if she gets today.  She is firm in her negotiations.  “Yes, the plan to quit tomorrow is a great plan.  Let’s get that can TODAY and enjoy, for tomorrow we genuinely strive to quit”. 
How do you counter?  Know that she is deceitful.  Know that she whispers.  Your ONLY way out is NO nicotine TODAY.  Period.  Her Win-Win schemes are false promises. 

4.  She seeks to further understand you.  She seeks to maintain a relationship.  She knows your weaknesses.  She knows if you like a dip mowing, fishing, while driving to work.  She will whisper in your ear while you are home alone.  She will ride shotgun on the way to work.  She will walk in the gas station with you and stand next to the counter of multi-color death cans.
How do you counter?  Read, Read and Read this site.  Many have kicked her ass daily.  Learn from them.  Know your weaknesses.  Anticipate.  Any by all means, hate her with vengeance.  She seeks to understand you to exploit you and for no other reason.  She is evil.
Amen brother!

'worship'
Another great read NEWBIES and all for that matter read this post...quit wood from this post
Tremendously helpfull.
Thank You Scowick for posting this. Powerful stuff!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Quote from: jbradley
The Highly Effective Habits of the Nic-Bitch and Why Tomorrow means you Just Lost.

TRUTH: The only way the nic-bitch gets a hit of nicotine is if she can convince YOU to plan, obtain and ingest nicotine.   She has NO choices available.  Only YOU have free will, the power of Choice.

How does she win?  How does a cretin with no free will, no ability to obtain nicotine get it? 
1.  The Nic-Bitch is laser focused on TODAY.  TODAY is all that matters to her.  REPEAT, TODAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO HER. Nicotine use today = Victory. 
How do you counter?  You must focus only on TODAY.  Not next week’s test or tax season or whatever.  Today.

2.  The Nic-Bitch begins with the end in mind - Nicotine today. 
How do you counter?  The quitter MUST begin with the end in mind.  Each Today begins by Posting Roll ~ Begin the Today with a promise.  “I will not use nicotine Today”. 

3.  The Nic-Bitch offers fake Win-Win schemes.  She will whisper in your ear and will accept any scheme you come up with about the future if she gets today.  She is firm in her negotiations.  “Yes, the plan to quit tomorrow is a great plan.  Let’s get that can TODAY and enjoy, for tomorrow we genuinely strive to quit”. 
How do you counter?  Know that she is deceitful.  Know that she whispers.  Your ONLY way out is NO nicotine TODAY.  Period.  Her Win-Win schemes are false promises. 

4.  She seeks to further understand you.  She seeks to maintain a relationship.  She knows your weaknesses.  She knows if you like a dip mowing, fishing, while driving to work.  She will whisper in your ear while you are home alone.  She will ride shotgun on the way to work.  She will walk in the gas station with you and stand next to the counter of multi-color death cans.
How do you counter?  Read, Read and Read this site.  Many have kicked her ass daily.  Learn from them.  Know your weaknesses.  Anticipate.  Any by all means, hate her with vengeance.  She seeks to understand you to exploit you and for no other reason.  She is evil.
Amen brother!

'worship'
Another great read NEWBIES and all for that matter read this post...quit wood from this post
Tremendously helpfull.
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."