Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21120 times)

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Smeds
4 years ... Congrats man! Thank you for staying active, and supporting so many quits, all of KTC appreciates it!
'clap'
Thank you sir for leading the way for us.
Congrats on 4 yrs Sco! Thanks for helping so many and being a great example of how to quit. Quit with you all day!
Good on ya, Sco!
That's pretty damn great Sco! Congrats, you quit Sherpa.
4 years ! That's a lot of "units of Quit"! Congratulations Sco, hope to see you in Savannah; working on making that trip!
When the Lama speaks, I listen. Thanks sco for unwavering no nonsense wisdom.
Thank you all for the nice compliments. I quit again today!
Four years!!! Man, that's awesome. Thanks for your support EDD!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2014, 08:04:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
4 years ... Congrats man! Thank you for staying active, and supporting so many quits, all of KTC appreciates it!
'clap'
Congrats on 4 yrs Sco! Thanks for helping so many and being a great example of how to quit. Quit with you all day!
Good on ya, Sco!
4 years ! That's a lot of "units of Quit"! Congratulations Sco, hope to see you in Savannah; working on making that trip!
Thank you all for the nice compliments. I quit again today!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »
'clap'
Good on ya, Sco!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2014, 02:19:00 PM »
'clap'
Good on ya, Sco!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
'clap'
Good on ya, Sco!

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
'clap'
Good on ya, Sco!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »
'clap'
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2014, 07:25:00 AM »
'clap'

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
'clap'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #387 on: October 27, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Syndrome
you no what scotty man? it aint a round number day for you. it aint a round number day for me. and if we add up alll our days we still aint matchin uncle bubba. but man theres good stuff in here and im proud to be quit with ya.
Yep... Me too brutha!
Syndrome always has a way with words.

Quit with all of you guys today. Best of the best. We can all learn from the 3 of you...

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #386 on: October 27, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Syndrome
you no what scotty man? it aint a round number day for you. it aint a round number day for me. and if we add up alll our days we still aint matchin uncle bubba. but man theres good stuff in here and im proud to be quit with ya.
Yep... Me too brutha!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #385 on: October 27, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #384 on: October 23, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: brettlees

Addiction, Self-Identity and 1 Day at a Time.

Breaking the physical addiction to nic is simple. It is unpleasant, but simple, and only lasts 72 hours.

The psychological component to quitting is the real journey. Begin the journey by inventing a new self-identity. The Quitter.

Say, “I AM QUIT”.

You are not “quitting”. You are not “trying” to quit. You ARE quit. It is a state of being. The psychological term is “Identity Development”. There is no try, there is. It is now part of your identity. “Quit” is who you are.

Observe the user that is contemplating quitting but would rather quit tomorrow or next week. You see, 72 hours of physical withdrawal is nothing to the user because the user has been managing physical withdrawal symptoms the entire duration of the addiction. What is scary? Can the addict fundamentally change his/her Self-Identity? Can the addict quit for the rest of his/her life? Quit for the rest of your life? How is that possible? These notions can scare a potential quitter into choosing addiction over freedom.

There is good news. You do not have to quit for the rest of your life. Simply choose to quit today. Do not worry about baseball next March. Do not worry about next monthÂ’s exams. Do not worry about TuesdayÂ’s deadline. Quit today. The body will adjust. The psyche will adjust. You will gradually and often unnoticeably reinvent what it is to be you. You shall be restored one day at a time.
Sage words, yet again. newer quitters, this man has some great things to say, in case you aren't yet familiar with him.

I'm inspired to add a though too-- it struck me that the addiction came on one day at a time too. When we started in no way did we conceive of what a stranglehold the poison would have on us, destroying our physical health, self esteem, hijacking the most basic emotional hardwiring in our brains, etc. That being the case, it only makes sense that the recovery and healing can only happen one day at a time too. The tendency to jump to big timeframes, much less a lifetime, is just plain illogical and wrong, given how we got to where we are. And finally, i can say that one day at a time has worked very well so far for me. Guy like you Scowick give me confidence that the enjoyment i'm getting from stacking up the days one at a time will only continue. Thanks!
If everyone would read, understand, and follow what these two guys try to teach us....there would not be any cavers. Quiet, inspirational leadership. I'll follow you guys everyday. ODAAT.
Correction just as indicated previously we can teach and provide advice but never can we get quitters to "get it". However, these two swing big quit sticks.
True and I support this message.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »

Breaking the physical addiction to nic is simple. It is unpleasant, but simple, and only lasts 72 hours.

The psychological component to quitting is the real journey. Begin the journey by inventing a new self-identity. The Quitter.

Say, “I AM QUIT”.

You are not “quitting”. You are not “trying” to quit. You ARE quit. It is a state of being. The psychological term is “Identity Development”. There is no try, there is. It is now part of your identity. “Quit” is who you are.

Observe the user that is contemplating quitting but would rather quit tomorrow or next week. You see, 72 hours of physical withdrawal is nothing to the user because the user has been managing physical withdrawal symptoms the entire duration of the addiction. What is scary? Can the addict fundamentally change his/her Self-Identity? Can the addict quit for the rest of his/her life? Quit for the rest of your life? How is that possible? These notions can scare a potential quitter into choosing addiction over freedom.

There is good news. You do not have to quit for the rest of your life. Simply choose to quit today. Do not worry about baseball next March. Do not worry about next monthÂ’s exams. Do not worry about TuesdayÂ’s deadline. Quit today. The body will adjust. The psyche will adjust. You will gradually and often unnoticeably reinvent what it is to be you. You shall be restored one day at a time.
Sage words, yet again. newer quitters, this man has some great things to say, in case you aren't yet familiar with him.

I'm inspired to add a though too-- it struck me that the addiction came on one day at a time too. When we started in no way did we conceive of what a stranglehold the poison would have on us, destroying our physical health, self esteem, hijacking the most basic emotional hardwiring in our brains, etc. That being the case, it only makes sense that the recovery and healing can only happen one day at a time too. The tendency to jump to big timeframes, much less a lifetime, is just plain illogical and wrong, given how we got to where we are. And finally, i can say that one day at a time has worked very well so far for me. Guy like you Scowick give me confidence that the enjoyment i'm getting from stacking up the days one at a time will only continue. Thanks!
If everyone would read, understand, and follow what these two guys try to teach us....there would not be any cavers. Quiet, inspirational leadership. I'll follow you guys everyday. ODAAT.
Correction just as indicated previously we can teach and provide advice but never can we get quitters to "get it". However, these two swing big quit sticks.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »

Say, “I AM QUIT”.