Author Topic: Nate's Intro  (Read 6367 times)

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nate's Intro
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Absolutely Derk. Waste's post definitely brought me back to reality. I don't think I was feeling cured as much as I am feeling proud. I can't remember the last time I was nicotine free, and certainly not for 26 days, cold turkey. I'm proud of myself, but I have to remember that I am a pinch away from having to post a day 1 all over again. I dont want to ever have to do that
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
Quote from: RES17CUE
Damn Waste. I appreciate the insight. You're 100% right. And it's scary reading that because it holds true completely. Haha. I've made a conscious decision to become more active again and I need it. I need the reminder because complacency kills, and I was becoming complacent. It's hard to think that 26 days ago I was a captive to a weed, but I was, and I still am even if I convinced myself I'm not. This is my own personal "do better" speech to myself. Just have to keep quitting
You are a free man today! You are not captive, but that is because you have posted roll and made a commitment to be quit today. But you are one trip to the c-store from losing all the ground you have fought for here... Do not get complacent!!!

You will always be an addict. One thing you can NOT do is think you are cured. You are not. You must work your quit daily and fight every day to keep that garbage out of your mouth.

You are early on so I'm concerned that you are feeling so over confident. Read waste panels post again and listen to his advice.

Fight EDD brother!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »
Waste that is some good shit there! Made me think back to around that time myself and realized I was thinking the same shit, like I got this shit..........sure glad I got through it and stuck around....238 days in here and she still whispers to me nearly every damn day that whore...this is a great reminder of how weak we are compared to the Nic Whore!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
Damn Waste. I appreciate the insight. You're 100% right. And it's scary reading that because it holds true completely. Haha. I've made a conscious decision to become more active again and I need it. I need the reminder because complacency kills, and I was becoming complacent. It's hard to think that 26 days ago I was a captive to a weed, but I was, and I still am even if I convinced myself I'm not. This is my own personal "do better" speech to myself. Just have to keep quitting

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
It's been a while since I've posted anything other than roll and I felt it was time to remedy that situation. I've found myself drifting farther and farther away from this site as my day count grows higher. It's not that I don't appreciate everything it has done, I just don't think about dipping nearly as much, and that's a good thing. I've decided to come back with a renewed sense of pride in my quit and try to share what little knowledge and experience I have with the new quitters. I am on day 26 and am still a 100% poster. I'm fucking proud of that. Sure I've been late and had a couple of reminder text messages to post roll, but that's the beauty of this site. Build a strong network and you are never alone in the fight. I have that with my Sultans, and it's a great feeling.

This has been and will continue to be the fight of my life. Hell, the fight FOR my life. Use the site, and your quit will be stronger than ever. QLF boys.
Hey man. 26 days is awesome, but it's quite normal to feel this way. I wrote this quite a while ago and it's still very pertanent:

Morning April quitters!

I see that some of you have hit 20 days in your quit. Congratulations.

There is a major funk that is coming up shortly. It starts usually in the late teens. It does not make you crave nicotine. It's the opposite. It makes you think you are invincible and completely quit.

Take a look at the other months' spreadsheets. We lose many a fine quitter in the 20s. In fact, we lose more quitters in the 20s than any other time (except for the first week). I myself was almost a victim.

My thoughts on the funk are this:

The first week is complete hell. We all agree there. But, upon completion of the first week, we start to feel more comfortable with being quit. We get a sense of accomplishment for breaking that physical addiction, and our quits are fueled by adreneline.

Around day 20 (maybe later, maybe sooner), the adreneline starts to run out. Our brains want to tell us that we are quit, and we don't need to think about being quit all the time. We want normalcy, rather than having to feel committed to a website and anonymous strangers. We don't want to think that we used to stick cat turds in our mouths all the time, let alone that we are addicts. Even if we've embraced the label "addict" early in the quit, we wonder if we truly are at this time. We start to think that this roll call posting is silly business, because we are quit already. We begin hating all the bullshit on this site, and start thinking that the site is more drama than what it is worth.

This is the start to the planned cave.

Your addicted brain is letting the nic bitch have the microphone in your head and she is the one talking. She will tell you that she is gone, and that you don't need to post roll anymore. She'll tell you every lie under the sun to get you to stop giving your word everyday.

Some of you will decide she is right. You will leave. And you might not even cave right away, but you will. The nic bitch is a tricky whore, and she can sleep until you are the weakest.

Be very careful here. There is a lot of bullshit on this site, and it's meant to be a distraction for you. If it becomes too much, simply post roll and ignore it. Lean on your brothers. They are having these same thoughts, and the best thing you can do is to make sure that everybody keeps posting.

I stopped posting roll after 150 days in 2006. I caved in 2009 because I forgot I was an addict. The nic bitch had taken that time to break down every tool I learned here, and made me forget. She dug her claws in, and I manned up again 1,113 days ago today. I should be around 2000 days quit, and instead all I can claim is that I stopped for like 1,000 days and then again for 1,113.

EVERYDAY

Post roll.
Stay quit.
Repeat.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
It's been a while since I've posted anything other than roll and I felt it was time to remedy that situation. I've found myself drifting farther and farther away from this site as my day count grows higher. It's not that I don't appreciate everything it has done, I just don't think about dipping nearly as much, and that's a good thing. I've decided to come back with a renewed sense of pride in my quit and try to share what little knowledge and experience I have with the new quitters. I am on day 26 and am still a 100% poster. I'm fucking proud of that. Sure I've been late and had a couple of reminder text messages to post roll, but that's the beauty of this site. Build a strong network and you are never alone in the fight. I have that with my Sultans, and it's a great feeling.

This has been and will continue to be the fight of my life. Hell, the fight FOR my life. Use the site, and your quit will be stronger than ever. QLF boys.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline quitspit

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 23, 2014
  • Interests: Beer, whiskey, fishing, Bama football
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
I hate every last little bit about that shit. I hate that I'm still tempted even more. I hate that the nic bitch has engrained herself so far into my mind that I'm still tempted by a fucking plant. It's pure evil. Pure. Fucking. Evil.

But my quit is stronger than ever because of the hate. The nic bitch can't have me. Not anymore. Not ever again.
'worship'
Nate, that's awesome your attitude is pure hatred. She's made us all look the fool for way too long a portion of our lives, if you can even call them that. It's even more awesome that you're doing this at your age. Fucking brilliant, actually. Keep up your quit and keep slaying her craves. They DO go away, I promise. Not completely, of course, but they're one-punch-in-mid-conversation-and-she's-down easy after not too long. Congrats.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2014, 07:25:00 AM »
I hate every last little bit about that shit. I hate that I'm still tempted even more. I hate that the nic bitch has engrained herself so far into my mind that I'm still tempted by a fucking plant. It's pure evil. Pure. Fucking. Evil.

But my quit is stronger than ever because of the hate. The nic bitch can't have me. Not anymore. Not ever again.
'worship'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws

Attaboy!
Yes! You need to hate what that shit did to you with everything you have. Get pissed!

Just make sure you take your anger out here, not at home. We can take it.
This is what I like to see. An intense hate for the poison weed can fuel your quit today. Keep,at it today brother!
Damn, I love quit!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
Quote from: redtrain14

Attaboy!
Yes! You need to hate what that shit did to you with everything you have. Get pissed!

This is what I like to see. An intense hate for the poison weed can fuel your quit today. Keep,at it today brother!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »

Attaboy!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »

Attaboy!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »
and then the cans started getting packed. All of them, my brothers, threw in fat lips of that delicious Grizzly wintergreen. I could smell the temptation. I wanted it.
I'm glad you made it through a night with the boys.

I sense that you don't have enough hate in you. I personally let the hate flow through me. I don't think Jedi's dealt with nicotine addiction. On most things with Yoda, agree I do. When it comes to hatred of tobacco, I am the emperor and Darth Vader rolled into one.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
Day 10. What a night. I was more tempted than I've ever been. Get together with some college buddies, beers started flowing, and then the cans started getting packed. All of them, my brothers, threw in fat lips of that delicious Grizzly wintergreen. I could smell the temptation. I wanted it. And then I broke out the smokey mountain, had a nice fake lipper, and pushed through.

This site works. I made a promise. My word is my reputation. Can't let the Sultans down. QLF Boys. Take it a day at a time

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014