Author Topic: It's time  (Read 3980 times)

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain bikes, trials/street dirt motorbikes, running, hiking, dogs.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 05:00:00 AM »
:lol: Ok, I told her last night when we went to bed, and she truly was surprised, and naturally just a bit miffed that I hadn't told her days earlier.

She's never been one to harp on me for my dipping, as she always said I'm the "cleanest dipper" she's ever known....always brushing my teeth/rinsing my mouth/chewing gum after a dip, so my mouth was clean post dip. The spit cup in the car during travels always bothered ME more than her, I was truly embarrassed about that one.

So now she's on my anti-nic support team, and knows from my past alcohol and prescription drug addictions/recoveries that I'll do well, as long as I do my homework/footwork/grunt work.

Good to have my best friend on my April team!
Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

"Sounds like someone is looking for an excuse to cave......suck it up buttercup and keep posting roll" Capt Kylos

This is my quit. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My quit is my best friend. It is my life. My quit, without me, is useless. Without my quit, I am useless.......

Offline rileykev

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, I'm not into yoga and have a half of a brain. I like making love at midnight in the dunes on the Cape. I really enjoy spending time with my wife and my daughter.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 12:02:00 AM »
Quote from: xrmattaz
Quote from: Skoal
I understand what you're saying, Bigb. 

My accountability to this site, and to my April group will not falter, though.....let me play just a little longer....pleeeeeeze!
I'll bet you a bag of dill pickle seeds she's noticed already.....prob not trying to get her hopes up.

Expand your accountability, tell your wife. This quit is for real right?....... or is it?
I'll have her call you directly when I divulge the info, or she figgers it out.....I like dill pickle seeds.

Yes, my quit is absolute, and for real. Thanks for the concern, muy appreciado.
Welcome to the fight. I'm 44 days quit and my wife still doesn't believe I'm done with that shit! I guess after so many years saying I quit I can't blame her. It just makes my quit stronger! If you need anything feel free to contact me. I will be watching for your roll call in April. Stay strong!
Kevin

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain bikes, trials/street dirt motorbikes, running, hiking, dogs.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal

My accountability to this site, and to my April group will not falter, though.....let me play just a little longer....pleeeeeeze!
I'll bet you a bag of dill pickle seeds she's noticed already.....prob not trying to get her hopes up.

Expand your accountability, tell your wife. This quit is for real right?....... or is it?
I'll have her call you directly when I divulge the info, or she figgers it out.....I like dill pickle seeds.

Yes, my quit is absolute, and for real. Thanks for the concern, muy appreciado.
Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

"Sounds like someone is looking for an excuse to cave......suck it up buttercup and keep posting roll" Capt Kylos

This is my quit. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My quit is my best friend. It is my life. My quit, without me, is useless. Without my quit, I am useless.......

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »

"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »

Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
Quote from: ncgolfer
:lol: I cannot believe my wife STILL doesn't know I quit, even after 7 days of ZERO nicotine.

Last night, she finished drinking a soda and asked me if I needed the empty can, I just said "no thanks" and left it at that.  I'm going to let it go for as long as I can stand it, I guess!

I know she's been bizzy at work and stuff.....but sheesh!  She did ask me, a few days ago, why I was eating so many sunflower seeds.......it was four o'clock in the morning, I'd just rolled out of bed.

Think I should tell her, or let it go on?
Matt,

Thats some funny shit. I'd let it go, make a game of it. Proud to be quit with you!!!
I would encourage you to tell her ASAP...while without question you quit for yourself and yourself alone...I feel it is best to involve as many people as possible. Especially your spouse. It builds more accountability...if she doesn't know you quit, well then that makes it even easy to fail and not have to be questioned.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
:lol: I cannot believe my wife STILL doesn't know I quit, even after 7 days of ZERO nicotine.

Last night, she finished drinking a soda and asked me if I needed the empty can, I just said "no thanks" and left it at that. I'm going to let it go for as long as I can stand it, I guess!

I know she's been bizzy at work and stuff.....but sheesh! She did ask me, a few days ago, why I was eating so many sunflower seeds.......it was four o'clock in the morning, I'd just rolled out of bed.

Matt,

Thats some funny shit. I'd let it go, make a game of it. Proud to be quit with you!!!
Quit Date - 12/17/2010
Hall of Fame - 03/26/2011
Hall of Fame Speech - http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4546

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
Quote from: bcooler12
i'd say let it go on! seems like its a motivator for ya ! btw SEEDS are Key!
I think I will let it go......I've only been with her for 20 years, and dipping Copenhagen the entire time....why the hell would she notice I'd quit? lol
Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

Offline bcooler12

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
i'd say let it go on! seems like its a motivator for ya ! btw SEEDS are Key!

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »

Last night, she finished drinking a soda and asked me if I needed the empty can, I just said "no thanks" and left it at that. I'm going to let it go for as long as I can stand it, I guess!

I know she's been bizzy at work and stuff.....but sheesh! She did ask me, a few days ago, why I was eating so many sunflower seeds.......it was four o'clock in the morning, I'd just rolled out of bed.

Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
Howdy, Matt here, Preskit AZ.

Copenhagen for 25 years or so, trying to quit for 20 of those, it WILL happen this time, good to find this website!
Welcome Matt!

Best decision of your life. Get it done, we will help you. Read, read, and then when you're done read some more.

Brian

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
Congrats Matt. Great choice! Post roll, stay quit that day, and repeat. It is as simple as that.

Embrace the suck and remember the pain...it will help motivate you to stay away from the Nic bitch. Read all you can on this website.

Remember, you are in the fight of your life. And it is one worth winning!!!

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »

Copenhagen for 25 years or so, trying to quit for 20 of those, it WILL happen this time, good to find this website!
You bet Matt. This website is the key to sustaining a quit. Accountability is the game and if you're really ready you'll stay quit too.

Join the April group, post daily and make your committment to quitting one day at a time.

PM if I can be of any further assistance. Or head to the chatroom, look for a gay guy named gator. He can help you further as well.

Offline xrmattaz

• Quitter
It's time
« on: January 05, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »

Just Matt
Quit Nic 1/5/2011
Quit ETOH Jan 2008