Author Topic: Mogul Intro  (Read 14752 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Mogul Intro
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
Gratz on the double Hundo Mogul, just read that black hole post, good stuff right there. Proud to be quit with you!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: slinger
Congrats on 200, mogul. Well done.
Bad ass! Congratulations!
Double hundred, congrats!!!!
You are bad assed Mogul! 2nd floor congrates.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Double hundred, congrats!!!!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »
Congrats on the big 200. Damn glad to be QLF with ya.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2014, 07:32:00 AM »

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2014, 07:30:00 AM »
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2014, 07:15:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Nice 200 brother. Wouldn't have made it this far without you.
Congrats on 200, significant accomplishment. Most of all thanks for supporting new quitters.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »
Nice 200 brother. Wouldn't have made it this far without you.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Quote from: Dave1903
Quote from: mogul
TO NEW or "Thinking about quitting" Quitters: 

I know quitting is scary.  First and foremost you are scared of failure but it is not the greatest fear.  Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear you will ever have.  It is what makes change so difficult for us two legged animals.  I want you to think about this for a second and try to put yourself in this situation.  It can be applied to many scenarios such as divorce, cancer, losing a job, etc.  But here let's make it about quitting nicotine.  OK, so IMAGINE...........................................

YOU ARE WALKING THROUGH YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD OR ACROSS YOUR LAND (for you country folk).  IT IS BLACK, DARK AND WARM.  YOU CAN'T SEE MUCH AT ALL.  YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SOME MISTAKES YOU HAVE MADE BUT LIFE OVERALL IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD.  KIDS ARE HEALTHY, WIFE STILL LIKES YOU NAKED, YOU HAVE PUT ON A FEW POUNDS BUT, HEY, SHIT HAPPENS.  THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU TRIP AND FALL.   YOU ARE FALLING.........FREE FALLING........INTO A BLACK HOLE AND YOU CANT SEE SHIT, TOTAL DARKNESS AND YOU ARE NOT HITTING BOTTOM. 

(What the hell just happened, I was doing just fine walking along thinking that everything in my life was pretty good, now I can't see shit it is so dark and I'm falling, oh God, I'm about to die, what am I going to hit????)

Imagine your panic.  Arms flying, legs trying to get underneath you.  Think about it a second.  Your world just changed and you can't control it.  OH FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.  What is happening??

10 minutes later nothing has changed except now you are thinking about how fast you are falling.  You are also starting to wonder what the hell you are going to hit.  (Water, rock, concrete, hell, a bunch of spears sticking up out of the bottom?)  Now you are wondering about how bad your body is going to break when you do hit.  What its going to look like, is it going to hurt, for how long?  you know you are not going to live. 

Imagine your feelings, you probably start praying, crying, wishing you would have done things differently.  You know this is the end, you cannot possibly survive.  How deep is this black hole, damn????

An hour later, you say "fuck it", bring it on.  But in the back of your mind you're still scared shitless but a little more relaxed because you have dealt with the reality that there is no way out of this.  The "Unknown" is becoming the "Known". 

Two days later, your still falling and it is still pitch black dark.  You have pissed a few times, taken a dump, played with yourself.......etc.  You still don't know what's happening but for the most part, you're OK.  Hungry and Thirsty?  Yeah, but that's a hell of a lot better than scared shitless.  Now you start thinking that this is your new REALITY.  Falling, it aint so bad....   I can handle this..... wish there was some light.  Maybe some enchiladas and margaritas.  but crap, I can do flips, backwards, frontwards, sideways.  Hell, I can fall naked, I think I will take off my clothes...  Hey I look good in the dark.  My boss hasn't called and chewed my ass in two days.  This is awesome.  THE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN IS NOW GONE.  Your new reality has set in.

this is the way it is with anything we try new or change in our lives.  Nicotine is just another one of those things.  I went through this after my divorce in 08.  It was hard, but my new reality is better than the one I gave up.  the first few months, I did not think that was possible.  Now, I can't imagine not going through what I did because life is so much better.  Dipping is another....  How was I going to make it???  One day at a time, yeah, but this still sucks..  At first you are thinking every second, arms flying, legs twitching, nervous as all get out.  but then the new reality sets in.  OH, you're still an addict and you will never forget your life before you quit.  But, the fear of change has left you and it is so much easier to win over the nicotine bitch.  Basically, after a few months it becomes a very basic decision such as whether or not to wipe your ass after you crap.  Just make the right decision, stinky butt. 

I think you will find that the fear of the unknown or change can really be exciting, challenging, and life altering.  Spinning around this sun 1 revolution every 365 days doing the same ole thing can get rather boring.  So, lets change our world.....Let's get our quit on.  There are thousands who have, and thousands more who will.  You will be supported and your circumstances are understood.  My best of wishes to all of the people who have conquered the fear of change.  YOU ARE A WINNER...

Mogul
Good shit Plato...I mean Mogul.
That a way to tell the new quitters Mogul
Damn! This ride is SO much less scary then falling in a black hole forever! I'll Take freedom! You made me feel better for sure!

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »

I know quitting is scary.  First and foremost you are scared of failure but it is not the greatest fear.  Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear you will ever have.  It is what makes change so difficult for us two legged animals.  I want you to think about this for a second and try to put yourself in this situation.  It can be applied to many scenarios such as divorce, cancer, losing a job, etc.  But here let's make it about quitting nicotine.  OK, so IMAGINE...........................................

YOU ARE WALKING THROUGH YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD OR ACROSS YOUR LAND (for you country folk).  IT IS BLACK, DARK AND WARM.  YOU CAN'T SEE MUCH AT ALL.  YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SOME MISTAKES YOU HAVE MADE BUT LIFE OVERALL IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD.  KIDS ARE HEALTHY, WIFE STILL LIKES YOU NAKED, YOU HAVE PUT ON A FEW POUNDS BUT, HEY, SHIT HAPPENS.  THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU TRIP AND FALL.  YOU ARE FALLING.........FREE FALLING........INTO A BLACK HOLE AND YOU CANT SEE SHIT, TOTAL DARKNESS AND YOU ARE NOT HITTING BOTTOM. 

(What the hell just happened, I was doing just fine walking along thinking that everything in my life was pretty good, now I can't see shit it is so dark and I'm falling, oh God, I'm about to die, what am I going to hit????)

Imagine your panic.  Arms flying, legs trying to get underneath you.  Think about it a second.  Your world just changed and you can't control it.  OH FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.  What is happening??

10 minutes later nothing has changed except now you are thinking about how fast you are falling.  You are also starting to wonder what the hell you are going to hit.  (Water, rock, concrete, hell, a bunch of spears sticking up out of the bottom?)  Now you are wondering about how bad your body is going to break when you do hit.  What its going to look like, is it going to hurt, for how long?  you know you are not going to live. 

Imagine your feelings, you probably start praying, crying, wishing you would have done things differently.  You know this is the end, you cannot possibly survive.  How deep is this black hole, damn????

An hour later, you say "fuck it", bring it on.  But in the back of your mind you're still scared shitless but a little more relaxed because you have dealt with the reality that there is no way out of this.  The "Unknown" is becoming the "Known". 

Two days later, your still falling and it is still pitch black dark.  You have pissed a few times, taken a dump, played with yourself.......etc.  You still don't know what's happening but for the most part, you're OK.  Hungry and Thirsty?  Yeah, but that's a hell of a lot better than scared shitless.  Now you start thinking that this is your new REALITY.  Falling, it aint so bad....  I can handle this..... wish there was some light.  Maybe some enchiladas and margaritas.  but crap, I can do flips, backwards, frontwards, sideways.  Hell, I can fall naked, I think I will take off my clothes...  Hey I look good in the dark.  My boss hasn't called and chewed my ass in two days.  This is awesome.  THE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN IS NOW GONE.  Your new reality has set in.

this is the way it is with anything we try new or change in our lives.  Nicotine is just another one of those things.  I went through this after my divorce in 08.  It was hard, but my new reality is better than the one I gave up.  the first few months, I did not think that was possible.  Now, I can't imagine not going through what I did because life is so much better.  Dipping is another....  How was I going to make it???  One day at a time, yeah, but this still sucks..  At first you are thinking every second, arms flying, legs twitching, nervous as all get out.  but then the new reality sets in.  OH, you're still an addict and you will never forget your life before you quit.  But, the fear of change has left you and it is so much easier to win over the nicotine bitch.  Basically, after a few months it becomes a very basic decision such as whether or not to wipe your ass after you crap.  Just make the right decision, stinky butt. 

I think you will find that the fear of the unknown or change can really be exciting, challenging, and life altering.  Spinning around this sun 1 revolution every 365 days doing the same ole thing can get rather boring.  So, lets change our world.....Let's get our quit on.  There are thousands who have, and thousands more who will.  You will be supported and your circumstances are understood.  My best of wishes to all of the people who have conquered the fear of change.  YOU ARE A WINNER...

Mogul
That a way to tell the new quitters Mogul
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »

I know quitting is scary. First and foremost you are scared of failure but it is not the greatest fear. Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear you will ever have. It is what makes change so difficult for us two legged animals. I want you to think about this for a second and try to put yourself in this situation. It can be applied to many scenarios such as divorce, cancer, losing a job, etc. But here let's make it about quitting nicotine. OK, so IMAGINE...........................................

YOU ARE WALKING THROUGH YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD OR ACROSS YOUR LAND (for you country folk). IT IS BLACK, DARK AND WARM. YOU CAN'T SEE MUCH AT ALL. YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SOME MISTAKES YOU HAVE MADE BUT LIFE OVERALL IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD. KIDS ARE HEALTHY, WIFE STILL LIKES YOU NAKED, YOU HAVE PUT ON A FEW POUNDS BUT, HEY, SHIT HAPPENS. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU TRIP AND FALL. YOU ARE FALLING.........FREE FALLING........INTO A BLACK HOLE AND YOU CANT SEE SHIT, TOTAL DARKNESS AND YOU ARE NOT HITTING BOTTOM.

Imagine your panic. Arms flying, legs trying to get underneath you. Think about it a second. Your world just changed and you can't control it. OH FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN. What is happening??

10 minutes later nothing has changed except now you are thinking about how fast you are falling. You are also starting to wonder what the hell you are going to hit. (Water, rock, concrete, hell, a bunch of spears sticking up out of the bottom?) Now you are wondering about how bad your body is going to break when you do hit. What its going to look like, is it going to hurt, for how long? you know you are not going to live.

Imagine your feelings, you probably start praying, crying, wishing you would have done things differently. You know this is the end, you cannot possibly survive. How deep is this black hole, damn????

An hour later, you say "fuck it", bring it on. But in the back of your mind you're still scared shitless but a little more relaxed because you have dealt with the reality that there is no way out of this. The "Unknown" is becoming the "Known".

Two days later, your still falling and it is still pitch black dark. You have pissed a few times, taken a dump, played with yourself.......etc. You still don't know what's happening but for the most part, you're OK. Hungry and Thirsty? Yeah, but that's a hell of a lot better than scared shitless. Now you start thinking that this is your new REALITY. Falling, it aint so bad.... I can handle this..... wish there was some light. Maybe some enchiladas and margaritas. but crap, I can do flips, backwards, frontwards, sideways. Hell, I can fall naked, I think I will take off my clothes... Hey I look good in the dark. My boss hasn't called and chewed my ass in two days. This is awesome. THE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN IS NOW GONE. Your new reality has set in.

this is the way it is with anything we try new or change in our lives. Nicotine is just another one of those things. I went through this after my divorce in 08. It was hard, but my new reality is better than the one I gave up. the first few months, I did not think that was possible. Now, I can't imagine not going through what I did because life is so much better. Dipping is another.... How was I going to make it??? One day at a time, yeah, but this still sucks.. At first you are thinking every second, arms flying, legs twitching, nervous as all get out. but then the new reality sets in. OH, you're still an addict and you will never forget your life before you quit. But, the fear of change has left you and it is so much easier to win over the nicotine bitch. Basically, after a few months it becomes a very basic decision such as whether or not to wipe your ass after you crap. Just make the right decision, stinky butt.

I think you will find that the fear of the unknown or change can really be exciting, challenging, and life altering. Spinning around this sun 1 revolution every 365 days doing the same ole thing can get rather boring. So, lets change our world.....Let's get our quit on. There are thousands who have, and thousands more who will. You will be supported and your circumstances are understood. My best of wishes to all of the people who have conquered the fear of change. YOU ARE A WINNER...

Mogul
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »

I know quitting is scary. First and foremost you are scared of failure but it is not the greatest fear. Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear you will ever have. It is what makes change so difficult for us two legged animals. I want you to think about this for a second and try to put yourself in this situation. It can be applied to many scenarios such as divorce, cancer, losing a job, etc. But here let's make it about quitting nicotine. OK, so IMAGINE...........................................

YOU ARE WALKING THROUGH YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD OR ACROSS YOUR LAND (for you country folk). IT IS BLACK, DARK AND WARM. YOU CAN'T SEE MUCH AT ALL. YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SOME MISTAKES YOU HAVE MADE BUT LIFE OVERALL IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD. KIDS ARE HEALTHY, WIFE STILL LIKES YOU NAKED, YOU HAVE PUT ON A FEW POUNDS BUT, HEY, SHIT HAPPENS. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU TRIP AND FALL. YOU ARE FALLING.........FREE FALLING........INTO A BLACK HOLE AND YOU CANT SEE SHIT, TOTAL DARKNESS AND YOU ARE NOT HITTING BOTTOM.

Imagine your panic. Arms flying, legs trying to get underneath you. Think about it a second. Your world just changed and you can't control it. OH FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN. What is happening??

10 minutes later nothing has changed except now you are thinking about how fast you are falling. You are also starting to wonder what the hell you are going to hit. (Water, rock, concrete, hell, a bunch of spears sticking up out of the bottom?) Now you are wondering about how bad your body is going to break when you do hit. What its going to look like, is it going to hurt, for how long? you know you are not going to live.

Imagine your feelings, you probably start praying, crying, wishing you would have done things differently. You know this is the end, you cannot possibly survive. How deep is this black hole, damn????

An hour later, you say "fuck it", bring it on. But in the back of your mind you're still scared shitless but a little more relaxed because you have dealt with the reality that there is no way out of this. The "Unknown" is becoming the "Known".

Two days later, your still falling and it is still pitch black dark. You have pissed a few times, taken a dump, played with yourself.......etc. You still don't know what's happening but for the most part, you're OK. Hungry and Thirsty? Yeah, but that's a hell of a lot better than scared shitless. Now you start thinking that this is your new REALITY. Falling, it aint so bad.... I can handle this..... wish there was some light. Maybe some enchiladas and margaritas. but crap, I can do flips, backwards, frontwards, sideways. Hell, I can fall naked, I think I will take off my clothes... Hey I look good in the dark. My boss hasn't called and chewed my ass in two days. This is awesome. THE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN IS NOW GONE. Your new reality has set in.

this is the way it is with anything we try new or change in our lives. Nicotine is just another one of those things. I went through this after my divorce in 08. It was hard, but my new reality is better than the one I gave up. the first few months, I did not think that was possible. Now, I can't imagine not going through what I did because life is so much better. Dipping is another.... How was I going to make it??? One day at a time, yeah, but this still sucks.. At first you are thinking every second, arms flying, legs twitching, nervous as all get out. but then the new reality sets in. OH, you're still an addict and you will never forget your life before you quit. But, the fear of change has left you and it is so much easier to win over the nicotine bitch. Basically, after a few months it becomes a very basic decision such as whether or not to wipe your ass after you crap. Just make the right decision, stinky butt.

I think you will find that the fear of the unknown or change can really be exciting, challenging, and life altering. Spinning around this sun 1 revolution every 365 days doing the same ole thing can get rather boring. So, lets change our world.....Let's get our quit on. There are thousands who have, and thousands more who will. You will be supported and your circumstances are understood. My best of wishes to all of the people who have conquered the fear of change. YOU ARE A WINNER...

Mogul

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Quote from: B-loMatt
Make sure you have a plan going into a weekend with the house to yourself this early in your quit. I know those were tough times for me, and many others. Have your phone charged and get on KTC if your usual crave killing methods don't work. Live chat can snap you back in line real quick.
He's from Texas and not too far from me. If he even thinks about caving, I will put that can in a much worse place than in a shot of tequila.

That reminds me, stay off the alcohol for the next few weeks, it is a quit killer.

I will commit this to you right now as it seems we are both tequila drinkers. On day 101 of your quit, I will buy you a bottle of Don Julio 1942.

I have a feeling the odds are against me and you will be getting that fine bottle. I see a lot fight in you and you will beat this thing.
"tried to spit between my legs while taking a shit just to spit on my dick ( c'mon you know you have done it)"

Dude, you were doing it wrong. Try to spit on your dick and you will miss 99% of the time...

Man brother, I am so proud of you and today is 101 of your quit so some 1942 is ready for you. This is one bet that I am so happy that I have lost.

Not only were you inspiring to me and helped me with my quit, I also got a new friend out of the deal.

Chris, you are one awesome person and I wish there were more people in this world like you.

Greg
Greg, you have been a very fine master of quit to me. I have had some excellent teachers and you are one of them. I will take that 1942 right after we go flying in my Bonanza. Bring your bride if you like, I'm sure she would get a kick out of it too. If there is anybody else in the DFW area that would like to fly a plane for an hour or so, give me a shout. We can go have some fun. Sometimes I'm in the Brenham TX area too, so all of you Aggies can go take pics of the stadium. Yes you know you want it.

Chris

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Make sure you have a plan going into a weekend with the house to yourself this early in your quit. I know those were tough times for me, and many others. Have your phone charged and get on KTC if your usual crave killing methods don't work. Live chat can snap you back in line real quick.
He's from Texas and not too far from me. If he even thinks about caving, I will put that can in a much worse place than in a shot of tequila.

That reminds me, stay off the alcohol for the next few weeks, it is a quit killer.

I will commit this to you right now as it seems we are both tequila drinkers. On day 101 of your quit, I will buy you a bottle of Don Julio 1942.

I have a feeling the odds are against me and you will be getting that fine bottle. I see a lot fight in you and you will beat this thing.
"tried to spit between my legs while taking a shit just to spit on my dick ( c'mon you know you have done it)"

Dude, you were doing it wrong. Try to spit on your dick and you will miss 99% of the time...

Man brother, I am so proud of you and today is 101 of your quit so some 1942 is ready for you. This is one bet that I am so happy that I have lost.

Not only were you inspiring to me and helped me with my quit, I also got a new friend out of the deal.

Chris, you are one awesome person and I wish there were more people in this world like you.

Greg
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2014, 01:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: brettlees
Congratulations! Your presence here has made a difference to a lot of people, and it's been a great time reading your posts ever since you came. Keep it up! I hope you're on this journey here for a long time!
Congrats Mogul! No doubt about it! You are most certainly WINNING! Carry on!
Booyah on HoF Bro

Beers on me

'Cheers'
Congrats, mogul.
Proud to quit with you today!