Author Topic: Well I think I found the right place  (Read 8182 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Well I think I found the right place
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Etxaggie
Quote from: E&C's
Day 4, 2 hr road trip with the fam....this will be interesting.
At that point in my quit, I would find something to put in my mouth (anything but nic)  think long before I spoke.

That helped some. My wife still said I was an ass during that time. LOL.

1000% better now after 80 days....
Fireballs, toothpicks, candy, titty, straw the list goes on. Anything but the poison. Pop the hood of the car/yourself and you won't find a proper place for the poison.

I drive for a living. I wondered how in the world I was going to make it daily without the poison. It's so nice not having to rely on the poison to make a trip now. It helped nothing,, i can tell you that. I use to think it helped with the stress of driving, that is such bull. It does absolutely nothing but make things more stressful.

Get though the drive and each time you get behind the wheel it will get easier and easier. Take it one drive at a time. Quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
At that point in my quit, I would find something to put in my mouth (anything but nic)  think long before I spoke.

That helped some. My wife still said I was an ass during that time. LOL.

1000% better now after 80 days....
Quit 12/31/2013

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
you got it....fireballs man...i love me some fireballs.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

E&C's Dad

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »
The fog... its thick, the suck.... well it sucks... but this is the first time in 14+ years that I haven't had nicotine coursing through my veins every waking hour....And that my friends is pretty fucking cool.
Damn straight it is cool! You are winning today bro... Soak it in!

Keep fighting today. Keep your word and stay quit. By all means necessary!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

E&C's Dad

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
The fog... its thick, the suck.... well it sucks... but this is the first time in 14+ years that I haven't had nicotine coursing through my veins every waking hour....And that my friends is pretty fucking cool.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
You're doing it man-- hang in there! get through this, you're almost to some breathing space. Soak it up when relief comes, it will come and go for a while. Read up and learn about the addiction you are walking away from....

The Welcome Center here has a lot of good stuff. I also learned a lot from this link...
Nicotine Addiction 101

Also keep reaching out, building out a network of supporters. Get phone numbers to build an accoutability and support network- that'll keep you quit.
That link was very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share it.

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Doc
Wow day three really is the SUCK! I am committed bring it on. I did this to myself I need to remember what this feels like so I never let that bitch back in my body.
Hang in there Dad. You're winning. Nicocine is leaving your body.
Gut it out!
Quit with you today!
You know what 3 days means. It means for three days you haven't went down to the corner store and wasted your your hard earned money on something that stinks, looks like dirt and does absolutely nothing for you.

Note that taste is not in the first paragraph. I don't like to mention taste. Thinking of the taste makes me gag. Thinking of the taste puts a tear in my eye. The taste means cave, loss of dignity, loss of integrity and lowest of lows. Our word being lost, Our word meaning absolutely nothing. The taste is for losers.

Your a winner! Freedom, smell it and feel it. Take a GOOD TASTE of that. That is what this is all about. Freedom tastes sweet. It will get better. One day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it.

I looked back and didn't see a role post from you! Are you posting roll? Take this quit to the next level. Give your word for the day. Take caving completely off the table.
Thanks for the words of wisdom I have posted roll each day and will continue to. There is no way in hell I am going back to the bitch.
Keep it up. We're all in this together.

I know you have kids and so do I. One thing that keeps me going is, I keep asking myself, how would I explain to my daughters that Daddy was a selfish bastard, kept putting shit in his lip and now has cancer. Sorry I won't be able to walk you down the aisle one day because I thought Skoal was more important than you. Pretty fucked up thought, but it works for me.

Stay strong. For you and them.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
You're doing it man-- hang in there! get through this, you're almost to some breathing space. Soak it up when relief comes, it will come and go for a while. Read up and learn about the addiction you are walking away from....

The Welcome Center here has a lot of good stuff. I also learned a lot from this link...
Nicotine Addiction 101

Also keep reaching out, building out a network of supporters. Get phone numbers to build an accoutability and support network- that'll keep you quit.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Wow day three really is the SUCK! I am committed bring it on. I did this to myself I need to remember what this feels like so I never let that bitch back in my body.
Gut it out!
Quit with you today!
You know what 3 days means. It means for three days you haven't went down to the corner store and wasted your your hard earned money on something that stinks, looks like dirt and does absolutely nothing for you.

Note that taste is not in the first paragraph. I don't like to mention taste. Thinking of the taste makes me gag. Thinking of the taste puts a tear in my eye. The taste means cave, loss of dignity, loss of integrity and lowest of lows. Our word being lost, Our word meaning absolutely nothing. The taste is for losers.

Your a winner! Freedom, smell it and feel it. Take a GOOD TASTE of that. That is what this is all about. Freedom tastes sweet. It will get better. One day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it.

I looked back and didn't see a role post from you! Are you posting roll? Take this quit to the next level. Give your word for the day. Take caving completely off the table.
Thanks for the words of wisdom I have posted roll each day and will continue to. There is no way in hell I am going back to the bitch.

Atta boy.

Stay on the path bro... it leads to a better place.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Gut it out!
Quit with you today!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
Gut it out!
Quit with you today!

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
Gut it out!
Quit with you today!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »
Embrace the suck. Take in all of the shitty feelings you experience from the first few days of your quit. Then, remember them as you keep adding +1's. They're motivation to keep you quit. They're what the Nic bitch put you through.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
right there with you bud...on my day 3. remember it...i forgot it and thats why i'm back on day 3. You never want to go through this again and the good thing is you and i don't have too! we have today...you can't change yesterday and you can't predict the future...there is just today.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!