Author Topic: SuperDaave  (Read 2596 times)

Offline SuperDave9000

• Quitter
  • Interests: Freedom, Pinball, Nature, Sailing, Sobriety
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: SuperDaave
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 11:36:00 PM »
I had not driven my car since last week before I quit. I had bought a new company van last Tuesday and I had to wait to get a ride back to my car today.

I open the driver door and think I need to check the console, might still be a nrt gum in there and at least a couple empty cans. I find one piece of the shitty gum and two empty cans. I want to open the cans and inside of one is a pouch. Just one little pouch, I'm about to drive 45 minutes, no one need know. I look around the parking lot for a trash can but there is none. Now I go to 7-11. I will get gas, throw this shit out and drive away a free man. I pay at the pump because I might go on auto pilot. I throw the shit out. I take out my phone. I get ready to write this post to brag about my little victory. I imagine many of you will read this and be inspired by my courage /s. Actually it was really stupid and I should not have put myself in that position. But I don't care. I don't care what you think of me. I would not have made it through that moment without you and that is very clear to me. I am grateful to you for being here and I will go to bed free and I'll be on the roll tomorrow. Peace

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 09:47:00 AM »
I won't be polite to you if you miss roll - otherwise welcome. Day 4 sucked for me, bear down because VERY SOON pure joy will hit you hard. It was like Day 6 or so for me, totally worth it!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 07:40:00 AM »
SuperDave000

Welcome to the group. Here are some words of wisdom I like to share:

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially on your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you cannot focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 955

Offline SuperDave9000

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »
Day 3 - Much much less fog, less road rage, less anger, got some work done. I took it real easy today overall. I went to a barber with the money I have saved so far and got a beard cut.

Looking back, I had dipped for about 12 years and smoked regularly for 12 years before that. I often used the NRT to 'get through' whatever time I couldn't smoke or dip. Weekend days when I used to drink I would generally chew that horrible gum shit, also sneak dip, and then smoke all night. I tried vaping but it was like crack to me and I couldn't leave it alone, I would suck on that thing constantly and I had to throw it away. There isn't enough nicotine to make me ok and so it is a big relief to be ok without any.

I do not want to forget the pain of the past two days. Monday I was shaking and my heart was beating out of my chest. Tuesday I had cramps in all muscles, super fog and headache. Today I felt a little depressed and physically fine. I felt like something was missing or like I'm always waiting around for the next waiting around. I've been driving 3-4 hours a day also and usually that would have been the worst 'trigger' but I'm not even worried about triggers right now since it was constant constant nicotine.

I put my name on the roll this morning and I will go on and do that again tomorrow and see what day 4 has to offer

God bless you if you read this rambling. I hope you stay quit

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 02:48:00 PM »
You've got my number. Call me anytime you need to, any time you're craving, any time you need somebody to talk you through a C-store trip. I didn't give you that number so we can feel good about our day counts although I'll still text you daily. That's a lifeline. You should have mine and a few others by now. USE THEM! When you get to that almost caved thing, you should have already reached out. Just call me. Don't text, texts aren't fast enough. Call...and we'll talk it out.

I quit with you today. One day at a time, we can both do this!

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 12:23:00 AM »
Quote from: SuperDave9000
Day 2 was another long one. Some moments of excitement and looking forward to freedom. Also sweat, muscle pain, increased sensitivity to annoying people...

Everyone on the highway was going 10-15 under the speed limit which is not my perception, it is a true fact and they should be more supportive to what I'm trying to do here...

I get this fear that I'm going to go off the rails and drive into someone or piss off a client or an employee or family member.

I get this idea that it is just not the right time to go through this, I need to be clear headed and calm right now but the best part is when I can be calm and clear AND free of nicotine which can happen any time during the day.

I almost caved already tonight when I had to drive back to work to cover the overnight. I went and got gas this afternoon before dinner so I wouldn't be stopping because I knew how strong the relapse committee would be at this point. The vote was 9 to 1 against staying quit but I knew that one dude was going to text me tomorrow again and by the time I had to think about blocking his number I was past the 7-11 and on my way. I was thinking, I said I wouldn't dip this 24 hours so I won't. Who cares about tomorrow.

Anyway, I will be back in the morning and we'll do another 24
That one guy.....you need to get more of his friends around you....those types are the guys that get you out of the danger zones past these more intense physical craves....check your PM

Offline SuperDave9000

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 11:24:00 PM »
Day 2 was another long one. Some moments of excitement and looking forward to freedom. Also sweat, muscle pain, increased sensitivity to annoying people...

Everyone on the highway was going 10-15 under the speed limit which is not my perception, it is a true fact and they should be more supportive to what I'm trying to do here...

I get this fear that I'm going to go off the rails and drive into someone or piss off a client or an employee or family member.

I get this idea that it is just not the right time to go through this, I need to be clear headed and calm right now but the best part is when I can be calm and clear AND free of nicotine which can happen any time during the day.

I almost caved already tonight when I had to drive back to work to cover the overnight. I went and got gas this afternoon before dinner so I wouldn't be stopping because I knew how strong the relapse committee would be at this point. The vote was 9 to 1 against staying quit but I knew that one dude was going to text me tomorrow again and by the time I had to think about blocking his number I was past the 7-11 and on my way. I was thinking, I said I wouldn't dip this 24 hours so I won't. Who cares about tomorrow.

Anyway, I will be back in the morning and we'll do another 24

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2573
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 07:23:00 PM »
I had a friend cajole me into joining this crazy ass site, too. Today he celebrated his 700th day of freedom from nicotine. I logged in day 641.

This place works. Don't question it. Don't ponder it. Don't think there is some better way somewhere. In fact, tell your brain to STFU for a while because it will NOT be your ally in this quitting business for a while.

Read everything you can on this site (the Facts  Figures section is gold). Understand the addiction. Understand the enemy. It gets much easier when you know nicotine's tricks. Post roll EDD, make your promise, keep your promise, one day at a time. Get up and do it all over again the next day. I know, I know, it shouldn't work. But it does... if you are a man of honor.

You can do this.

Proud to be quit with you today.
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24 | FL 29: 06.29.24 | Y8: 07.22.24

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 07:03:00 PM »
When you read my intro, you will see that solo does not work

Here is what my brethren said about me today, my 100th HOF day:

"Speaking of football, our next quitter is a former college football player. Time to head east to Providence, RI, to welcome Doofus to the Hall of Fame!

Doofus, aka Dave, started dipping in high school and then swtiched to smoking later and then ultimately back to dipping before quitting. Dave has been able to stop in the past at times but has always fallen back into using. Dave has learned from his past: "My advice is to not underestimate nicotine....go visit a recovering alcoholic, heroin, cocaine, meth, gambling.....we are all the same, quit and recovering....I should have joined this site long long ago because someone already said it.....you may be able to do it alone but thats not usually how it goes down.....use the team, accept the help....beat this thing down". Dave helps his quit by recognizing his triggers and discussing them, documenting his quit via his intro, and supporting others. Dave is a CPA/Financial Systems Manager, married with 2 daughters, and likes saltwater fishing and football. Great work Dave!"

Sound familiar? Take it from another Dave, the more you learn and listen on KTC the more you will see we all have been on the same gerbil wheel.....it feels good man...when you get off with the confidence knowing you can stay off

I STAND BEFORE YOU AS AN ADDICT. I TRIED IT MY WAY FOR DECADES.

I failed over and over.

But now I am quit. The thoughts of what I've been doing to myself for 30 years, the thoughts and learnings of others tugged on this big guy's heart strings.....these are the things you dont think about going at it solo.....its why KTC way works, investment versus just being a half ass quiting fiend

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »
Welcome.

The formula is simple - post your promise, keep your promise. Reach out when you need help. You already have a friend to reach out to, but I'd recommend grabbing some more digits to build up your wall of accountability. My digits are a PM away.

Quitting and staying quit is about the hardest thing you will ever do. But it's also one of the most important things you will ever do. The freedom of finally being quit is worth the price you will pay. All of us here will attest to that.

The key to staying quit, as silly as his may sound, is sticking with the program. That is, keep posting even beyond day 100, day 250, day 500, day 1,000. I'm on day 823, and I posted my promise this morning. Why? It's my insurance that I will not use nicotine today. I've made my promise, and I intend to keep it.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline SuperDave9000

• Quitter
SuperDaave
« on: April 23, 2018, 09:56:00 AM »
Daay 1 -

A friend of mine has talked to me about this forum a few times over the past year. He invited me to jump on the July quit group. I said ok and then spent the next 4 days making plausible explanations why it just wasn't the right time. I felt stupid telling a fellow quitter these lame excuses so the next time he prompted me to get on with it I decided to man up and move through the process.

This is my first time on any kind of forum. I don't like people to sugar coat or be fake so do not be polite to me.

I have 3 kids and I'm too old for this shit. I've gotten clean before but I can't stay quit alone.