Author Topic: Killing One Addicition and Beginning a New One  (Read 3546 times)

Temptation's Wings

Re: Killing One Addicition and Beginning a New One
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
Hey guys,
any of you guys use the fake shit? if so, is there any particular brand you have found to be best? I use Bacc Off occasionally but wonder if any of the other stuff is better? thanks. Day 1 is half way over, and ive only chewed like 15 pieces of gum, lol.

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Temptation's
Day 1 - For 9 years, my day has started off with a dip. Its my coffee, my caffine. Not this morning. No dip aywhere in site to temp me. I made it through the hour drive to work with no snuff, and its not getting any easier. This is gonna be tough but I have to do this! Im tired of the worrying, its not worth it. Thanks for the support guys, this site gives me strength and determination!
This site will do more then that man, stay with us, post roll EVERYDAY and don't forget what brought you here. Reach out and exchange numbers, if you want mine, just PM me. Posting roll is giving your word EVERYDAY, that you will not use nic that day.

I saw your already posted, great freakin job. Your post said "this is going to suck", fuck yea it is, but embrace the suck, it'll make you stronger. The fog will be thick at first and the craving are the hardest, but it only lasts 3 days (give or take a day), now go get your ass the tools to win. Water, seeds, gum, cranberry juice, hard candy and some use "fake shit". Whatever it takes not to put any nic in your mouth man. 309 days later, I feel stronger everyday, you can be here too, just take it one day at a time, and post roll EVERYDAY.
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
Your in the right place! Jan. 12 was a typo NOLAQ is old and feeble and has a hard time typing. Welcome aboard, quitting is a bitch but not as bad as dipping, It won't kill you! pm me I'll be glad to help or just listen.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline fwhammer

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
Embrace the suck brother. It get's easier. For the 32 years this shit had hold of me the dirve to work and back was something that I associated with a fat dip, plain and simple. Now after 116 days free I don't even think about it. My life is no longer ruled by when I can sneak away for a dip. Hang in there, you will be glad you did !!!

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
Hey guys, Where do I post roll? I couldn't find a January 2013 group so I posted in the January 2012 group. any ideas?
Keep strong man. If you get past that first day you will start to believe that you are a quitter.
Why choose to fail when success is an option

Offline MikeWC

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: bowhunting, muscle cars, camping, family
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
Good question, I'm sure a group page will get started soon. Your word is good, that's what this is all about. It does suck, but believe me when I say this, post roll everyday, stick to your word and it gets better....much better. Still sucks at times for me, but you have to come here and read when it does, it helps make you stronger. You have made a great decision that will make a huge difference in your life...I quit with you today.

Temptation's Wings

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »
Hey guys, Where do I post roll? I couldn't find a January 2013 group so I posted in the January 2012 group. any ideas?

Offline Mike17

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
Day 1 - For 9 years, my day has started off with a dip. Its my coffee, my caffine. Not this morning. No dip aywhere in site to temp me. I made it through the hour drive to work with no snuff, and its not getting any easier. This is gonna be tough but I have to do this! Im tired of the worrying, its not worth it. Thanks for the support guys, this site gives me strength and determination!
Its going to be hard. Damn hard. If you want it, you can do it.

Dont give up after all its your life you are fighting for here.

Stay strong.
"Remember that anyone can dip but only bad motherfuckers can quit." - Morgan1

"But..anyways..whatever Mike and his polar bear said, i'd do it." - P23

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A QUITTER.

Temptation's Wings

Killing One Addicition and Beginning a New One
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:21:00 AM »