Author Topic: Sorry i got here 4 days late  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Spurbow

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting and Grilling
  • Likes Given: 0
Sorry i got here 4 days late
« on: August 15, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
I looked at this site before i made my dentist appointment on the first of August. My appointment was on the 12th and i quit at midnight on the 11th of August. It is the first time since i was 14 years old that i woke up without a dip setting by my bedside. Oh, i smoked too when it wasn't convenient to dip. Can of Cope every day, to a day and 1/2 and about 3 packs of Camel Lights per week was my consumption until midnight on the 11th. I planned my quit day, read a lot on this site but never expected the fog to be as intense as it was the first three days. I could not even navigate this site to sign up or post up. I am finally ready to take my life back. No more dozing while dosing for two hours after i should have gone to bed, no more dips on top of dips as i swallowed or spit and had to reload. No more eating out of necessity, No more avoidance of family and friends to spend time with my silver-faced lover. No more car rides when i knew the passengers were probably gagging from the bacteria swarming in my mouth. I got half of my mouth scaled and deep cleaned and need to go back on the 23rd for the other half. I can say that i felt a little better today but the fog has not lifted. I have a beautiful wife that is supporting me through this and i am so excited to have 4 days almost behind me. There is no doubt in my mind that i can beat this addiction and i promise to be accountable to everyone with what i say and do here. I feel like on day 4 i am only thinking about the bitch 90 percent of the time and that is a big improvement from 24 -48 hours into this slugfest. I find a lot of gratification reading about people's successes - so thank you all. I will post up in the morning.
"Silly rabbits, nicotine wasn't filling the void it was creating it." - Skoal Monster