Author Topic: Started my quit a few days ago  (Read 2122 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Started my quit a few days ago
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 10:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: superman
turn of the year would be 20 yrs with one quit attempt previously and i have just passed 72 hours today. going for a complete quit now. glad to have a place to express. congrats jade. i am a little foggy today and apologize to all. good news is i will be attempting to use the twice yearly dental cleanings that come with my insurance! lol! 'bang head'
Man, this place is like sneak attack central and I can't believe that you are the first one to post here under the "superman" name.

Get your butt into the March 2016 thread here superman...

March 2016
Great job superman! Post Roll and let's get you some badass quit going! Once you post, you don't have to go at this alone! I quit with you today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
Quote from: superman
turn of the year would be 20 yrs with one quit attempt previously and i have just passed 72 hours today. going for a complete quit now. glad to have a place to express. congrats jade. i am a little foggy today and apologize to all. good news is i will be attempting to use the twice yearly dental cleanings that come with my insurance! lol! 'bang head'
Man, this place is like sneak attack central and I can't believe that you are the first one to post here under the "superman" name.

Get your butt into the March 2016 thread here superman...

March 2016

Offline superman

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 09:50:00 PM »

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
Awesome and welcome aboard. Won't echo what the rest of the bad ass quitters have said above. I will tell you this, get active in your March quit group. Post every day and before you know it, you'll be here in the introduction section helping out a newbie.

That my friend is the full circle effect of KTC. It is great to help a newbie and it makes our own quit stronger when doing so.

Proud to be quit with you all today.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Steelers81
I'm on day two myself. I've tried to quit a few times in the past with no such luck but I feel that this website can be the difference for me now. I got to the point where I just fucking hated myself. I've ruined so many good relationships because of this nic shit. Would rather sit at home alone with a dip in than spend time with a girlfriend. Now I'm 36, addicted to this bullshit, and never felt more alone. I'm done with shit tho now. I really really want to be free from this for myself and not anyone else.

This is my first post and I'm still not really sure what im doing. Much love to everyone on here and may we all beat this shit every damn minute of every day.
Hello steelers fan. Go to the welcome center learn to post Roll and if you want this as bad as you say then we will all unveil the blueprint of quit! Waiting on you. I quit with you
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Steelers81

• Quit Date: 2015-12-01
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 08:03:00 PM »
I'm on day two myself. I've tried to quit a few times in the past with no such luck but I feel that this website can be the difference for me now. I got to the point where I just fucking hated myself. I've ruined so many good relationships because of this nic shit. Would rather sit at home alone with a dip in than spend time with a girlfriend. Now I'm 36, addicted to this bullshit, and never felt more alone. I'm done with shit tho now. I really really want to be free from this for myself and not anyone else.

This is my first post and I'm still not really sure what im doing. Much love to everyone on here and may we all beat this shit every damn minute of every day.

Offline jadeturfllc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-11-28
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the words of advice. This is starting to feel easy at times, then the next second I have a dip trigger and realize the hold Nic has on the mind. I'll be back tomorrow though!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »
Jade, you started out right, posting roll and asking questions. Early and every damn day , one day at a time is the key to success! Read, listen, learn stay active! Damn proud to be quit with you! Quit on!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 09:31:00 AM »
Well done posting roll Jadestud!
You can do this ODAAT.

Stay out of yesterday and tomorrow.
They are dead and worrisome.

Today is where the freedom is.

I Quit with you today.
Rawls 380
I believe.....

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
What these guys said....and yes, the next dip will kill you...easy enough right?
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
Slow slow slow down Jade. First of all, glad you're here. Sounds like the slavery caused by your addiction has finally caught up to you.

You'll be in the March 2016 quit group. Head in there and post your name and day count.

The first reason I'm suggesting to slow down is you are likely to gain a few pounds after you quit before you lose them. The first few weeks, your appetite will feel ravenous because you aren't suppressing it with chew any more. If you don't use seeds, gum, candy, whatever, to suppress the oral fixation, the cravings could potentially be even more difficult to get control of.

The second reason, is you can only quit for one day at a time (ODAAT). You can't change yesterday and you can't quit tomorrow until tomorrow becomes today. Take it in manageable chunks.

Welcome to the brotherhood, open yourself up to the accountability and quit your ass off. If you can do that, you will be successful here.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:11:00 PM »
It is your day 3 (assuming your evening dip was your put on night table as you fall asleep dip).

Dive in. Post roll. Exchange digits.

Drink lots of water, and excercise your 50 lbs away. (There is a weight loss topic in the "getting your act together section" Along with other workout related topics).

3 days solo is bad ass! Start stacking days with fellow quitters.

Offline jadeturfllc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-11-28
Started my quit a few days ago
« on: November 30, 2015, 05:48:00 PM »
Took my last dip the evening of 11/27. Been chewing for 12 years anything from a third of a can to a full can a day. Even tried the fake stuff with nicotine and was right back to the regular stuff. I find myself disgusting waking up with a dip on my nightstand cause I had to keep it in right to the last second before bed. I know if I don't quit today, it may be too late.

Play on taking all advice I find here and working on losing 50 pounds to keep my mind occupied.

Waiting on posting roll to hear If I post Day 1 or call it day 3.