Author Topic: threw it out the window, feels great!!  (Read 1578 times)

Offline lastmohican

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: threw it out the window, feels great!!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
Haha seems like throwing it out the window is pretty common. I did it once before when I tried to quit, but the very next day I bought another tin. I knew this last time that it was the real thing. Congrats!

Offline imdone4good

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
day 7 - the best day of my quit by far (best day since I started this garbage 3+ years ago) - took 2 huge steps that lifted a ton of stress off of me - got a good checkup at the doc, and admitted to my wife what i had been doing last 3 years, and she still loves this stupid bastard :)
-greg
Quit For Good, No Looking Back - October 3, 2008

-Go Steelers!!-

Offline T-squared

• Quitter
  • Interests: September 18,2008 - Not Serious[b]August 12, 2008 - Quit DateOctober 12, 2008 - Alcohol Free[/b][i]December 26, 2008 - HOFJanuary 19, 2009 - Alcohol 100 Days[/i]Ephesians 4:29-32
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »
I am glad you made the decision. We'll be looking for you on roll call. If you have questions, post them. Awfully informal here. THe key is that you are another saved life. Welcome aboard. Hold on.
A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.
Carl Jung

Ephesians 4:29-32

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05 via Remshot

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
Well you have come to the right place for the best support around to quit. From one Greg to another keep trucking with your quit. I was a 35 yr vet of dipping copenhagen when I threw mine away 201 days ago. If it had not been for this site and the great group of quitters in here young and old, male and female, newbie quitter to vet I would not have made it. If you need anything give a shout.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline imdone4good

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
Thanks man - I appreciate it. I'll be adding you to my buddies! I was a Skoal guy for the last 3 years - why I picked this up at age 39-40 really eats at me. I was only a very casual dipper in high school and college. Meaning I would dip when visiting my cousins out of state who dipped, and in college would bum dips on occasion from others. Wasn't really even a buyer back then. For some reason a few years ago someone ahead of me in line at a store one night bought a can, and I must have wanted to capture some nostalgia or something and bought a can. Initially a can would sit at work for weeks or even a month and not even get finished. That all eventually went away and got up to 1-2 cans a week. I realized I wasn't a casual dipper anymore and started looking into quitting about a few months ago. This site was found after searching for "fake dip". That was my gameplan, but couldn't find it anywhere around here. So decided to ween myself off instead. But coming back here I realized the answer was to just quit! I went on a no weekend dipping plan for a few weeks, and then realized it was stupid to not just keep going, and threw my last can out the window Friday morning and haven't looked back. Biggest step since then was obviously making it through work that first night, and then finally joining here on Tuesday morning. Weird thing is there was only one flavor I could even tolerate (Skoal Long Cut Citrus), all the rest were absolutely nasty to me. But if I waited for Skoal to quit making that flavor, i would've been in trouble!! :)
-greg

-Go Steelers!!-

Offline ddevries

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Golf, Quitting!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
Congratulations on finally making the decision. I am on day 11, after a 30+ year Copenhagen addiction.

I will tell you that this site has made all the difference to me. There is a lot of support, as well as a lot of distraction. All of it is good to keep on track. The daily commitment I make here not to dip is the reason that I have been able to stick to my decision.

You will get offers for help from many people here. Let me add my name to the list. Let me know if I can ever assist you.

Offline imdone4good

threw it out the window, feels great!!
« on: October 08, 2008, 06:34:00 AM »
No dip for 120 hours now. Threw last can (full) out the window Friday morning 10/3. Had been cutting back for about 1-2 months before that. First step, stopped dipping at home on weekends - only dipped at work (work graveyard shift alone, one of the reasons it was so easy to always be dipping). Realized on the 3rd weekend that i kept quitting for 2 days and then restarting with this plan, so as I went into last weekend, decided to just go all the way. Been checking out this site for about a month. Original plan to quit was to start using fake dip instead, but couldn't find it around here. This is better!
Good luck to everyone else here....
sn = imdone4good

-Go Steelers!!-