Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Introduction
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Chargers
Thank you and I appreciate the advice.

I tried to post roll today but I think I screwed it up. I added my name under supporting saloon instead of adding it under the line that says new quitters here. Did I make a mistake? How should I fix it? Thanks.
Get your name on the top part. Good job your name is up there you are now committed. Do it again tomorrow so you can keep up the fight one day at a time.

What day are you on?
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Chargers

• Quitter
  • Interests: Badass Quitting!!!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
Thank you and I appreciate the advice.

I tried to post roll today but I think I screwed it up. I added my name under supporting saloon instead of adding it under the line that says new quitters here. Did I make a mistake? How should I fix it? Thanks.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »
Congrats on a great choice. Let's work on the mental thing. Nobody can beat nicotine...it will always be out there and we are addicts. But we can CONTROL that bitch.

Quitting is done one day at a time. There is no end. Some people find that discouraging...not me. I start each day by kicking nicotine's ass. And I feel pretty good about myself for doing it, too.

Your attitude will determine your success. The fog sucks. But you've made it through that before. What you need to do is to learn to keep your edge. Count your success with us ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Chargers
Hello all,

I joined KTC because I want to unceremoniously bury nicotine in an unmarked paupers grave. On second thought, I'm too kind because she deserves worse...

I've beaten the chemical component to this addiction twice, including these last 89 days. I've fallen before because of the psychological component. Nicotine addiction is sneaky. She snared me many years ago as soon as I began rationalizing use and it took me about 11 years to overcome the chemical addiction again. I'm here to ensure I don't throw away a long quit ever again!!!

Let's hate her together forever.
Welcome aboard. Congrats on quitting.

Read the Welcome Center and get with your quit group. You need to post roll and start building some friendships. That's how this website works. It's all about building an accountability network. You don't want to let your brothers down.

Get in here and go full bore. Balls to the wall quit.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Chargers

• Quitter
  • Interests: Badass Quitting!!!
Introduction
« on: June 10, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
Hello all,

I joined KTC because I want to unceremoniously bury nicotine in an unmarked paupers grave. On second thought, I'm too kind because she deserves worse...

I've beaten the chemical component to this addiction twice, including these last 89 days. I've fallen before because of the psychological component. Nicotine addiction is sneaky. She snared me many years ago as soon as I began rationalizing use and it took me about 11 years to overcome the chemical addiction again. I'm here to ensure I don't throw away a long quit ever again!!!

Let's hate her together forever.