Author Topic: Read: What to Expect Day by Day  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Bowman

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Read: What to Expect Day by Day
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 12:58:00 AM »
Quote from: TexasHeat
The Decision.

It is 11:45 on September 6, 2011.  I have tried quitting before and have failed.  I am writing this right now with a lip in and am preparing my body for my quit.  At this point in time, me writing this log is just a bunch of words with no meaning nor substance (except the one in my lip). 

To prepare, tomorrow I am going to not throw in a chew until 2:00 pm.  I usually will throw in a chew right after my morning cup of coffee.  Sometime's I throw in a chew before my cup of coffee because let's get real here, the chew is actually what "wakes" me up and get's me prepped to "deal" with my day. 

Mental Note:  That is an awful way to start a day.  You should never look at a day as something you have to "deal" with.  When I wake up, I want to stretch, turn on Sportscenter, and get prepped to make that day my B!tc7.

My target goal is to lower my overall nicotine consumption to a controllable amount.  This means adjusting my intake time periods and frequency.  My Goal for tomorrow is to not throw in a chew before 2:00pm and after 8:00pm.  Also, to only allow 3 maximum.

Philosophy:

I wake up at 5-6am and need to get adjusted to allowing my body to operate with lower than normal nicotine levels.  I understand that small strong steps are better than unbalanced steps.  It is important to learn how to wake up, adapt, and initiate my day without my dip "crutch."  I must establish a firm dip-less foundation to my day in order for the next reduction steps can be implemented.  

Spiritual Notes: 

Everyone has a part of themselves they love.  This part of you is the rich soil that allows your "inner self" to grow.  The voice of addiction removes you from the once familiar ground where you planted your crops, and has hidden the fertile land through self-deceit.  In order to find the place where your strong crops once grew, you must realize and unmask the years of deception you have created. This all starts by realizing the root of your self-deception.
I've got a better idea. How about you throw all of your tobacco in the garbage right now and go post roll in December.

Do you really want to quit? Then quit. Right now. None of this "I need to ween myself off by only having three a day" junk. That's addict talk. And in case you were unaware, you are addicted to nicotine.

Cold turkey is the only way to go. Whoever said that you have to "ween off" nicotine knows nothing about nicotine cessation and probably never used/quit themselves. Three days without nicotine is all it takes to get the nicotine out of your system. Continuing to use is only prolonging the physical withdrawal that you will go through.

Embrace how crappy you will feel for these three days. Bask in the suck. Just make sure to remember these three days, and remember that as long as you stay quit, you will never have to go through these three days again!

So here's a PROVEN plan that works:

1.) Throw all of your tobacco in the garbage, down the toilet, whatever.
2.) Go post roll for today in December (Click on the salmon-colored Welcome Center link in the upper left hand corner of your screen to read how to do this).
3.) Keep your promise not to use nicotine for today.
4.) Do it again tomorrow.

Sound simple? You bet it is. But it works.

The ball's in your court.

Offline 8up

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Billiards
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 12:30:00 AM »
in response to your 2nd post. Any plan that has you putting any dip in your lip leads to a FAIL. If I had $1 for each time I said I was going to quit over the last 28yrs I could take a cruise.

Don't get mad at us old farts we have just been down the road a long time and we know how many times people cave. Your young and sounds like like you have the world at your finger tips IF you just take your balls back from the Nic bitch.

Offline 8up

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Billiards
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »
Smart decision for sure. I really think I am going to enjoy you nightly log as well

Offline Jaymodill

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »
Welcome Decembro!

Oh God how I wish I had made the decision to quit when you did. Actually, my first and really only time, that I remember putting in any real effort into quitting up until now - was when I was 23. I was dating this incredible girl (who is now my amazing wife) and was in the fog from the 1st couple days without the nic bitch. I was so much in the fog, that I had a wreck, nothing real serious just a bad fender bender. I stopped at the next convenience store to buy a can just to get me through -- 18 years later I am through. Stay quit today, worry about tomorrow when you wake up.

Sorry, you posted while I was typing this. You 'aint quit. Look, dude, I slowed down, tapered off and pinched short more times than I can count. Only to start revving up the quantities as soon as the crap started hitting the fan. There is only one way (take it from 20 years of half assed trying) and that is to quit.... Just quit... only quit... NO F'in More!!!
I'm goin' tackle this bitch!

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me - Phil 4:13

Offline TexasHeat

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
The Decision.

It is 11:45 on September 6, 2011. I have tried quitting before and have failed. I am writing this right now with a lip in and am preparing my body for my quit. At this point in time, me writing this log is just a bunch of words with no meaning nor substance (except the one in my lip).

To prepare, tomorrow I am going to not throw in a chew until 2:00 pm. I usually will throw in a chew right after my morning cup of coffee. Sometime's I throw in a chew before my cup of coffee because let's get real here, the chew is actually what "wakes" me up and get's me prepped to "deal" with my day.

Mental Note: That is an awful way to start a day. You should never look at a day as something you have to "deal" with. When I wake up, I want to stretch, turn on Sportscenter, and get prepped to make that day my B!tc7.

My target goal is to lower my overall nicotine consumption to a controllable amount. This means adjusting my intake time periods and frequency. My Goal for tomorrow is to not throw in a chew before 2:00pm and after 8:00pm. Also, to only allow 3 maximum.

Philosophy:

I wake up at 5-6am and need to get adjusted to allowing my body to operate with lower than normal nicotine levels. I understand that small strong steps are better than unbalanced steps. It is important to learn how to wake up, adapt, and initiate my day without my dip "crutch." I must establish a firm dip-less foundation to my day in order for the next reduction steps can be implemented.

Spiritual Notes:

Everyone has a part of themselves they love. This part of you is the rich soil that allows your "inner self" to grow. The voice of addiction removes you from the once familiar ground where you planted your crops, and has hidden the fertile land through self-deceit. In order to find the place where your strong crops once grew, you must realize and unmask the years of deception you have created. This all starts by realizing the root of your self-deception.

Offline Gump

• Quitter
    • framedartexpert.com
  • Interests: my daughterquittingwinningbusinessrock climbingbodybuildingguitarscubasnowboardingtheaterlive bandsdead bandspretty much anything in naturenot having nature invite itself into my househelping other people to quit nicotineAtlanta Picture Framer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
Glad to have you here, Texas Heat, smart smart decision. You're never too young to get mouth cancer, so quitting immediately is the only sane choice.

It's great that you're going to keep a nightly log of your quit experiences, should prove very interesting.

Just want to remind you, this site is about accountability to each other, which is why we post roll daily. It's our promise to every other quitter here that we absolutely will not use nicotine that day. We, and you, need that accountability.

So by all means keep that log, I am looking forward to reading your entries. And every day, without fail, post roll in the December 2011 Quit Group.
"Stupid is as stupid does"

Quit nicotine 9/1/09

Framed Art Expert

Offline TexasHeat

Read: What to Expect Day by Day
« on: September 06, 2011, 11:44:00 PM »
Hello.

If you are reading this then you have heard the drowned out cry of your "inner-self" asking to just. stop.

To stop going up to the counter and saying, "...And a tin of ____."
To stop hanging your head out of the window and getting spit on the side of your car.
Staying up into the night to throw just one more in.
To stop hearing other people saying, "Dude, you dip a lot."
To stop the feeling of anxiety of not having those clean white pearls you once had.
To never see mold growing in your spitter's hidden and littered around your home.
To never have to check your gum's in the mirror for minutes on end.
To never be worried about that white "dipped-out" gum line.
To conquer the need to throw in a dip before everything you do.
To re-enlighten your ability to deal with stress.
To rediscover that feeling of being able to do anything you set your mind to.

I am writing this day by day log to not only show how many days I can make it without a dip. But to also show people who want to quit exactly what they will go through from Day 1 to Day 100 in detail.

A Brief Introduction to Me:

I am 22 years old. Threw in my first dip of peach skoal with my buddies outside of Wendy's when I was 16. I am a college baseball player, get great grades, enjoy's having fun and trying new things, am highly energetic, play multiple instruments, surf, snowboard, plays multiple sports just for fun, and am a slave to grizzly mint.

That squished inner-child in my head is sick and tired of those blue tins. I am absolutely fed up with my behavior and consider myself a complete b!t35 for not being able to do what I want. I am jealous of other guys who don't need to pack a bean and feel they have an edge over me. I am (expletive) tired of electing to not eat food and choosing to chew instead. I want a body that runs like a mint condition '69 Vette and a mind that can drive it.

Here is my first chapter of the TexasHeat's Tek to Quitting. I will write at the end of the day everything I experienced on a Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Level. Join Me.