Author Topic: Need support.  (Read 15698 times)

Offline paulx1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-20
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Need support.
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Mountain top last night. But triggers on every turn today. Crazy. Spent couple hours reading on Web page sure helps. ZCowboy, I read about your first week, congrats on one year anniversary yesterday. Your a stud.
I'm gonna go for today. It's the hardest thing I've done. I just want to celebrate, but hard to celebrate without dipping.
Also hard to celebrate without a face. Or being fed though a tube. Half way though the day, looking forward to going to bed early and getting this "in the valley day" behind me.
Pisses me off I ever started this crap!
I remember my first dip as a kid. Got dizzy, nausea, burned lip - why the hell I ever did more than once is beyond me. 35 years later I was still gong strong and couldn't wait to hit my can again.

I look at the DT's as getting my old self back. Sort of pre-pollution days (if that makes any sense). The reverse of what I went through to start chewing.

I'm sure as hell no doctor but trading one drug for another seems sketchy.

Offline BAMF

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-24
  • Interests: Attempting to thin the herd, one smack at a time.
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Mountain top last night. But triggers on every turn today. Crazy. Spent couple hours reading on Web page sure helps. ZCowboy, I read about your first week, congrats on one year anniversary yesterday. Your a stud.
I'm gonna go for today. It's the hardest thing I've done. I just want to celebrate, but hard to celebrate without dipping.
Also hard to celebrate without a face. Or being fed though a tube. Half way though the day, looking forward to going to bed early and getting this "in the valley day" behind me.
This: "Also hard to celebrate without a face. Or being fed though a tube" - YES! Congrats on quitting. Really nice reading every-ones stories.

Regards,

Matt (I'm only on day 6-ish) but this (and every) story here is an inspiration - congrats again.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Congrats on a great choice, Rawls! 40 days is HUGE. Your system is running clean for the first time in over 30 years. You ought to be pumped about that. Every day clean is cause to celebrate. Take notice of your success. YOU ARE CALLING THE SHOTS NOW. YOU ARE LIVING FREE!!!

I recall 40 days being sorta blah...just plugging along adding plus-one's. But there is nothing blah about success. Feel it. Embrace it. Recognize it. You are a bad-ass quitter. Quitting is a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to do it. You have what it takes. Congrats, sir!

I don't know when the withdrawals went away. I don't recall when quitting became easy. But both things happened. Posting roll is now second nature. The triggers are few and really far between. So, am I cured? Shit no...I'm just not dipping today. And that's all there is to it...deciding to make a change, and then making it happen...ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
Congrats on a great choice, Rawls! 40 days is HUGE. Your system is running clean for the first time in over 30 years. You ought to be pumped about that. Every day clean is cause to celebrate. Take notice of your success. YOU ARE CALLING THE SHOTS NOW. YOU ARE LIVING FREE!!!

I recall 40 days being sorta blah...just plugging along adding plus-one's. But there is nothing blah about success. Feel it. Embrace it. Recognize it. You are a bad-ass quitter. Quitting is a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to do it. You have what it takes. Congrats, sir!

I don't know when the withdrawals went away. I don't recall when quitting became easy. But both things happened. Posting roll is now second nature. The triggers are few and really far between. So, am I cured? Shit no...I'm just not dipping today. And that's all there is to it...deciding to make a change, and then making it happen...ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
Morning, men. Out with the wife yesterday and last night. Welcome drewdrew, I'll send you a personal here in a bit with my number, call me anytime. Saw my first movie without dip last night, hard to watch when wife kissing on me the whole time. This quit is getting better!!
Rawls, yes one of the nice side-benefits of quitting dip is that your wife will love up on your more. Happened with me too, and I'm not complaining! :-)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Morning, men. Out with the wife yesterday and last night. Welcome drewdrew, I'll send you a personal here in a bit with my number, call me anytime. Saw my first movie without dip last night, hard to watch when wife kissing on me the whole time. This quit is getting better!!
I believe.....

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I think you'll find your quit easier with support from the KTC folks. Make friends, get numbers for texting, it can make the difference.
I need to start collecting some. I am at around the 30 hour mark, and feeling good. Sometimes you need a voice telling you a positive.
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »
I believe.....

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
I think you'll find your quit easier with support from the KTC folks. Make friends, get numbers for texting, it can make the difference.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline rossb1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-11-01
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
That's why we are all here. To help each other. I didn't understand when I first came here, but everyone here showed me that's what it's all about.
Stay strong.

rossb1

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
Went to dinner party last night... told my wife we may need to come home early, so I could run around the block. After talking with you guy's on intro it was like an elephant lifted off my back. We stayed at party till 10:30! No alcohol, no dip. Slept a lot better last night also.
Thanks to all you men for responding yesterday. I can't wait to start helping others, going through this suffering. I'm learning, and getting stronger every day.
Strong start to a good quit right here!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Went to dinner party last night... told my wife we may need to come home early, so I could run around the block. After talking with you guy's on intro it was like an elephant lifted off my back. We stayed at party till 10:30! No alcohol, no dip. Slept a lot better last night also.
Thanks to all you men for responding yesterday. I can't wait to start helping others, going through this suffering. I'm learning, and getting stronger every day.
I believe.....

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 11:17:00 PM »
Thanks guys.
Rawls,
Good job posting roll. Good to see you're in.
ZC

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »
Thanks guys.
I believe.....

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 06:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Zillah
Just a quick question, been feeling anxious. In the morning all is great, as day progresses, feeling of lump in my throat. Went to ENT doctor all good. Not sure if it's the tobacco or no alcohol. Drinking tons of water, exercising as much as I can. Dr. Thought I should try some Prozac? Just don't want to get hooked on something else... did tall feel anxious, and or use any meds?
Rawls,
Can't speak for others here, but I wouldn't advise on meds as part of a quit regime. You've got the right idea with water and exercise. Get outside as much as possible. You will encounter dip triggers everywhere you go. Take joy in destroying them one by one as you replace those feelings with healthier alternatives. My recipe was more trips to the gym, manual work and chores outside (we live in the country), and shitloads of water, fruit and regular sugarless chewing gum. Find out works for you and you will make it. Also, never, ever, ever miss roll call. PM me if you have any questions or need anything.
ZillahCowboy.
Be careful and leary of Prozac. Lots of side effects. My wife is a psych nurse and alot of those psych meds have many nasty side effects. If you decide to go that route amke sure you do your homework first. Anxiety is on of the lovely things many of us go through when we first quit. it last a year or more for me. I still get it form time to time but in much smaller sample sizes.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t