Author Topic: Mtnriverdog intro  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mtnriverdog intro
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:14:00 AM »
Welcome to this little corner of hell, quitting definitely sucks as you know. One day at a time ODAAT. If you need another over 50 quitter to talk to pm me.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Mtnriverdog
Thanks wintergreen. Feeling better but my mouth feels like a weed wacker ran through it. I'm not used to the seeds and gum I guess
Hey man, you ot to try Smokey Mountain wintergreen, I dont hardly ever use the stuff, but you better believe I keep a can on me at all times, because when i do need it, I NEED IT, and it has saved me. click on live chat near the top right and sign up, get into chatroom, no nude pictures though
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Mtnriverdog

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Thanks wintergreen. Feeling better but my mouth feels like a weed wacker ran through it. I'm not used to the seeds and gum I guess

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Mtnriverdog
I started chewing in high school during wrestling season as a way to "spit weight" this was 35 years ago. I chewed Copenhagen for 20 years than switched to skoal winter green somewhere along the way. I quit for 18 months starting in 2002 and I thought I was done for good. All it took was one bummed chew from a buddy during a night at the bar, and it was like I never stopped. I turn 50 this month and started preparing for my quit on my birthday. I started cutting back My usage on January 2nd from 1 can every day and a half to a can a week. My last can went 8 days and I figured screw it and quit on January 22nd. I put 50K miles a year on my truck traveling for my job and as Forrest Gump would say, driving and chewing go together like peas and carrots. This has been the toughest part of my quit. Good bye Skoal, hello sunflower seeds, gum, mints or what ever. I'm looking forward to the group support. Still trying to figure out how to post roll on this stupid iPad.
mtnRiverdog, check your inbox (1) I sent you a link to get you started. Read everything you can, dont ease into the sight afraid to get your balls wet, jump in and experience what ktc has to offer in full. if you quit on jan 22nd, you are probably feeling pretty damn good right now, that is huge man. You will need to post roll in PRE HOF MAY. The link i sent you explains how to post roll along with other helpfull info. Stay quit my friend

Winter Green~~63~~
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Mtnriverdog

• Quitter
Mtnriverdog intro
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
I started chewing in high school during wrestling season as a way to "spit weight" this was 35 years ago. I chewed Copenhagen for 20 years than switched to skoal winter green somewhere along the way. I quit for 18 months starting in 2002 and I thought I was done for good. All it took was one bummed chew from a buddy during a night at the bar, and it was like I never stopped. I turn 50 this month and started preparing for my quit on my birthday. I started cutting back My usage on January 2nd from 1 can every day and a half to a can a week. My last can went 8 days and I figured screw it and quit on January 22nd. I put 50K miles a year on my truck traveling for my job and as Forrest Gump would say, driving and chewing go together like peas and carrots. This has been the toughest part of my quit. Good bye Skoal, hello sunflower seeds, gum, mints or what ever. I'm looking forward to the group support. Still trying to figure out how to post roll on this stupid iPad.