Author Topic: This is My Quit  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: This is My Quit
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
Well done sir! Keep it up and pay it forward.

PS love the avatar!

Offline Jupiter

• Quitter
  • NEVER LOSE FOCUS!
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2016
  • Likes Given: 0
This is My Quit
« on: September 26, 2016, 12:43:00 PM »
Sorry to put my intro up a bit late. Working on Day 12 – and I couldnÂ’t have done it without all of you guys. This quit has been different from the start  I plan on keeping IÂ’m going to keep it that way!

I took my first dip when I was 16. Down in the basement with a couple buddies and one of their older brotherÂ’s buddies. The older guys were ready to pass the Kodiak torch onto the next wave. Two of us took our first dip that night. I was still trying to figure out how to pack it as the first guyÂ’s already puking. Somehow that didnÂ’t ring any alarm bells in my headÂ…

Fast forward 23 years and I was still hiding the habit at home and dipping constantly everywhere else. Wife, 4 kids, so stupidÂ… What bothers me most is that IÂ’ve been able to tackle pretty much everything I set out to in life. Apply enough hard work, practice, dedication and IÂ’d figure it out.
Why not this? I’m a smart guy, consider myself stronger than the average bear – why the fuck do I always give in to the Nic-Bitch??

This site helped me hone in on my problem. WHY do I want to quit?
- Because I have a wife and kids – WRONG!
- Because I’m a grown-ass man and should probably quit – WRONG!
- Because I want to quit – to prove to MYSELF that I can do this and STOP being a slave to the Nic-Bitch.

Now that I finally had the RIGHT reason to quit, it's time to figure out HOW to quit and make it stick. I've quit hundreds of times, how do I make it count this time? With the help of KTC I went back to the basics -- itÂ’s time to HARDEN THE FUCK UP and apply enough hard work, practice, dedication to kick this in the ass.
- Hard-work – every hour of today, learning which thoughts are my own and which are the Nic-Bitch trying to whisper in my ear again.
- Practice – reading all of your stories, I am not alone. Reading and Learning from our HoF brothers -- it can be done, it IS BEING done right now!
- Dedication – everyday to each of you as we go through this quit together.

I do all of this for today. I'll worry about tomorrow when it's time. Eventually tomorrow gets easier. Eventually today even gets easier.
Go Bucks!
Nights 2-4 are Dark and Full of Terrors -- remember them. Promise to never go through them again!

This picture says IT ALL!