Author Topic: Today is the day  (Read 12504 times)

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today is the day
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2016, 12:30:00 PM »
That one day in the DOG house when we talked about a true brotherhood and a true family....

single/?p=9566864t=11341759

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2016, 04:25:00 PM »
Day 112 - Sowing Seeds in Good Soil

Being in KTC sometimes reminds me about The Parable of the Sower. Jesus was speaking to a crowd by a lake. He told them the following story found in Mark 4:3-8:

3 “Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times.”

We have the opportunity to sow seeds onto various surfaces here in KTC. My primary objective is to serve a purpose of continuing my own successful quit and to play a role in nurturing a community that pulls people out of a life of slavery to nicotine. In doing this, we can have various methods for doing this. Some methods resonate more with some than others. Here are a few ways you can help sow seeds in good soil:

1) Post roll EDD and do it early. Posting roll is not a check-in. Posting roll is not a status update. Posting roll is a promise to you, your quit group, and the KTC community. Setting this example is leading the way by showing people how it is done. If we post for the purpose of making a 24-hour promise, we are planting our seeds in good soil. That post can grow into something strong (ie. Your word is kept and that shows integrity.) However, if you post roll as a status update or just to check in and be seen, that seed is not sown in good soil. ItÂ’s not a solid foundation to your day. Why? ItÂ’s based in just making appearances.

2) Share your experience. You never know who is out there struggling with this addiction. It takes courage to share the vulnerabilities that we have within us. For me, God knows who I am and He gives me courage and knows my intentions for sharing. For you, it might be the same or something else. At times, people can misinterpret your willingness to share as being someone who is seeking attention. However, I remember people sharing their struggles at numerous points in my life and when I heard it, I thought, “Hmm… I’m not alone.” It is for this reason, I share the intimate details of my journey with dip and how it is interconnected to other things. That is THE reason I do it. If you share your experience simply to get attention, that is sowing a seed in bad soil. It will not last. It will not grow. Sow the seed in good soil. The good soil is for someone else to see and learn. You sharing your story might encourage someone to quit or continue quitting.

3) Connect with people in your quit group (and in others new and old) and be very intentional in what your connection is about. It is about quitting this addiction. How many times have we all tried to do it on our own? We canÂ’t do it by ourselves. Very few are successful at doing it this way. However, remember that the connections you make are just as much about supporting the needs of the person you are connecting to as it is about your own desires and needs. You can plant seeds of in good soil just by letting them know you are there to lean on. Your foundation being in a bond of quit holds you together in good soil. However, if our connections in this community are made, maintained, or broken for reasons outside of this (quitting Nic) than, we may have planted them seeds in bad soil. Maybe we were just trying to make friends more than building accountability. Good (as it relates to quit) are probably less likely to grow in this soil. Therefore, at times, you might have to change the soil you are planting your seeds into. This may mean that you refocus your efforts. If you sow your seed in bad soil (build relations primarily on something other than quit) then your connection to this community may have a rocky foundation. Whatever that connection is based on can take you and those new found friends right out of here.

4) Stand strong and stand convicted in your beliefs and values here. Many of us started dipping because he saw someone else doing it and wanted to be like that. Maybe we were navigating our peer groups and our friends dipped and we did it to fit in with that group. Maybe a parent or family member did it and we wanted to be like them. Maybe the TV showed us that dipping was “manly” and we wanted to be like John Wayne or whoever. Whatever the reason, we were not born dipping and often choose to do it because we were trying to be something we are not. Don’t be a follower, be leader and start quitting and stay quit. To that same extent, extend that sternness to other areas of your life too. If there is something you disagree with in here, express it. Don’t just go with the crowd. New ideas and new communities go through birthing pains necessarily. KTC is an ever-changing community because new quitters are coming in each month. There are core tenants that we might be bonded in, but much of the culture is dictated by those within it. Sow the seeds of your values in good soil. It’s not just about standing strong in your quit, it’s about standing strong altogether. Infuse the quit throughout your life.

At the end of the day, revising an old Greek proverb, I would say that “KTC grows great when wise quitters plant seeds to trees whose shade they shall never sit.” Sow seeds in good soil so your work will have a lasting effect and quitters to come will benefit...

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing Bro....
He teaches us through our past so we may be better suited to Glorify Him in the Present.
Respect your Quit.
EDD ODAAT.
Rawls 417
I believe.....

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2016, 01:32:00 PM »
HOF Speech - My Road to Redemption - The Story of CIKI the Preacher

topic/11487447/1/

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2016, 06:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
Quote from: ChickDip
CIKI, congratulations on your HOF day!
I quit with you today.
Stay strong, be aware.
Congrats on HOF CIKI! It keeps getting better.
Dang day late.... Congrats on HOV+1
Just another day of doing what you said you would do.
Rawls 413
I believe.....

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.

You've all been helpful in different ways to me over the last 100. Here's to the next 100.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
Quote from: tjschu
I quit with you today.
Stay strong, be aware.
Congrats on HOF CIKI!!!
Hey preacher, you've turned out to be a helluva quitter! Keep paying it forward and remember following helps at times just as much as leading! Congratulations damn proud to call you a brother and a friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
I quit with you today.
Stay strong, be aware.
Congrats on HOF CIKI!!!

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
I quit with you today.
Stay strong, be aware.
Congrats on HOF CIKI! It keeps getting better.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2098
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2016, 11:52:00 AM »
I quit with you today.
Stay strong, be aware.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2015, 10:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: Can_I_Kick_It?
Day 89 - Let Your Light Shine - Difficult People

I've been in KTC for just under 3 months now. I met a lot of really good people. The overwhelming majority of people that I've connected with have been really pleasant. However, from time to time, you come across people who you really just don't vibe with. It's important to remember that there are thousands of people connected to KTC. Some are more engaged than others. Nonetheless, if you don't want to engage with someone unpleasant, you simply don't have to. All you really have to do is use the ignore function (if you need to know how, PM me.) I really don't ignore many people at all and the very small handful of people I have ignored, was only for a short period of time.

This quit here is about what you make it. You are in control of your bubble and do not have to allow anyone in that bubble. Don't allow one or two people to jump in your bubble and create havoc. Just step away from them and put your energy into people who are worth your time and respect you.

For me, I'm not in KTC to make friends. If I do, that's great! If I don't, I'm not a lost little puppy. Nonetheless, I am a friendly person. I'm here to stay quit and assist others to do that as well. As a Christian, I know very well who I am in Christ and I am 100% comfortable with myself as I learn to walk more in step with God. I don't need to impress anyone in this community. I'm comfortable with who I am to my God. However, not everyone else follows the same walk as I do or as you do.

Just keep walking your walk. WUPP and make a promise EDD, focusing on ODAAT. KTC has a culture and that culture is created by the people within it. Be yourself and let your light shine.

Matthew 5:16 -- In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
ODAAT.....Merry Christmas.
I Quit with you today.
Rawls 403
Thanks, Rawls. Happy belated Christmas to you. Thanks for your support.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2015, 12:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Can_I_Kick_It?

I've been in KTC for just under 3 months now. I met a lot of really good people. The overwhelming majority of people that I've connected with have been really pleasant. However, from time to time, you come across people who you really just don't vibe with. It's important to remember that there are thousands of people connected to KTC. Some are more engaged than others. Nonetheless, if you don't want to engage with someone unpleasant, you simply don't have to. All you really have to do is use the ignore function (if you need to know how, PM me.) I really don't ignore many people at all and the very small handful of people I have ignored, was only for a short period of time.

This quit here is about what you make it. You are in control of your bubble and do not have to allow anyone in that bubble. Don't allow one or two people to jump in your bubble and create havoc. Just step away from them and put your energy into people who are worth your time and respect you.

For me, I'm not in KTC to make friends. If I do, that's great! If I don't, I'm not a lost little puppy. Nonetheless, I am a friendly person. I'm here to stay quit and assist others to do that as well. As a Christian, I know very well who I am in Christ and I am 100% comfortable with myself as I learn to walk more in step with God. I don't need to impress anyone in this community. I'm comfortable with who I am to my God. However, not everyone else follows the same walk as I do or as you do.

Just keep walking your walk. WUPP and make a promise EDD, focusing on ODAAT. KTC has a culture and that culture is created by the people within it. Be yourself and let your light shine.

Matthew 5:16 -- In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
ODAAT.....Merry Christmas.
I Quit with you today.
Rawls 403
I believe.....

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2015, 04:58:00 PM »

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
Hey Metzger2134,

How you doing? How's the quit treating ya?

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2015, 10:36:00 AM »
Day 84 - As our HOF approaches, I'm focused on...

WUPP ODAAT! However, it has a slightly altered meaning to me.

When I wake up every morning I'm focused on living with my mind set on the spirit and not on the flesh. Living in the flesh will only lead me back to dipping, drugging, drunkenness, debauchery, and caving to all kinds of sinful desires and idolatry...

As Romans 8:5-8 says, "Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to GodÂ’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God."

Therefore, my diligence and persistence to this quit rests in my devotion to God on a daily basis. I do WUPP, but it is slightly different then the usual acronym. I Wake Up, Pray, and then Post. My first fruits of the morning are given to The Most High and then I post to KTC after having thanked God for me rising and promising to Him to be devoted in my daily walk to Jesus.

ODAAT, that's what I'm focused on. Do I recognize that I'm 16 days away from HOF? Sure. What does it mean? When it comes, it will mean that on day 99, I upheld my commitment to God another day and in extension to that, my quit.

On Day 84, my ride is a smooth one. I've not felt a tremendous crave in a long time. I've felt nothing more than the usual temptations of the flesh. There are numerous temptations that I encounter throughout the day, at times, dipping may be one of them. When these trials of temptation come about, I remember to consider it all joy, when I encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of my faith produces endurance (James 1:2-3). These struggles related to resisting Nic over the last 84 days are simply one of many workouts that are building my spiritual muscles. Also, I am reminded that He comes to my aid when I am tempted (Hebrews 2:18), I just have to open the eyes of my heart and draw close to Him, He's put the key in the lock...I just have to reach out and turn it, opening the door. I can't do this without Him.

Overall, I'm feeling really good. If there was one piece of advice that I would give to other new quitters who are followers of Christ (or considering), it would be to take this time as an opportunity to draw closer to God. Seek Him first and you will find that your quit isn't insurmountable as you may think or once thought. A mustard seed of faith can move mountains.

Just wake up, pray, and post.