Author Topic: Today is the day  (Read 12513 times)

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today is the day
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
Day 18 -- Creating Community

It's an awesome feeling to have people supporting you. Especially people who know exactly what you are going through. For a long time, many of us have went ninja and when we stopped for a bit, we'd do it with a buddy. It never worked.

An individual can kick a can, but a community can kill it.

Once the honeymoon stage of the first couple weeks settled in, I was reminded that life with KTC was more than just posting roll, supporting my DOGs, sharing my journey, and reading of the wisdom of others. We have a responsibility to rope in others who have been pimped by Nic. It's not that we should get lost in a co-dependency of saving others... however, we need to be there to receive others who are willing to help themselves.

This place isn't just a supermarket that you pop into and pick what you need from the shelves. Once you get settled and find your own rhythm, what are you doing to contribute to the acclimation of others???

Stay strong! Stay quit! Kick the pimp!

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »
I quitÂ… kinda

Next week, I quit dip
Kick it and keep on
Popped tin and licked it
Slick trick and all gone
Pockets, done checked ‘em
Spring cleaning for death
Tooth sockets? Done wrecked ‘em
Big Nic on my breath
I quit, not today though
Next week, itÂ’s game on
I quit, not this week though
Burn through this last log
I quit, not this month though
He sings the same song
I quit, not this life though
Cuz now this lifeÂ’s gone

He saidÂ…

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Can_I_Kick_It?
What would have been -- Day 2 or Day 17?

17 days ago, I said that Oct. 11 would be my quit day. Why? It is my step-father's birthday. He supported my mother to stop smoking cigarettes some years ago. She was smoking 3 packs/day with asthma. I said that I would never start smoking because my mother quit for me... so I started dipping.

Nonetheless, 17 days ago I was making excuses to extend my quit day another two weeks. If I would have done that, I would be on day 2 feeling the fog today. However, I am not only day 17 quit Nic, but I am on day 10 of sober living now.

There is no better time than now. When you wanted that Nic, you would have went through hell and high water to have it ASAP... digging through the change in your middle council...scrapping the empty tins in your ninja outfits.... running late for work to get that dip in proper... etc.... When Nic wants to pimp you.... he pimps you.

So... why do you give Nic a head's up?

"Hey Nic, I know you're my pimp and you been abusing me for years, but I just wanted to do you a favor and let you know that I am going to be leaving you in two weeks... if that is okay with you, of course.." -- How does that usually work out? Sure, give him time to plan your continued submission to him.

Why a "quit date"?

If you are tired of being pimped, pack your damn bags and take the first out you got! This community is like the Harriet Tubman of dip slavery.

What the hell are you waiting for? Nic is looking the other way now. Flush that shit and come with us!
Awesome stuff CIKI, you have tasted the elusive freedom. For me, the cravings for freedom outweigh the cravings for nicotine. It's that simple.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »
What would have been -- Day 2 or Day 17?

17 days ago, I said that Oct. 11 would be my quit day. Why? It is my step-father's birthday. He supported my mother to stop smoking cigarettes some years ago. She was smoking 3 packs/day with asthma. I said that I would never start smoking because my mother quit for me... so I started dipping.

Nonetheless, 17 days ago I was making excuses to extend my quit day another two weeks. If I would have done that, I would be on day 2 feeling the fog today. However, I am not only day 17 quit Nic, but I am on day 10 of sober living now.

There is no better time than now. When you wanted that Nic, you would have went through hell and high water to have it ASAP... digging through the change in your middle council...scrapping the empty tins in your ninja outfits.... running late for work to get that dip in proper... etc.... When Nic wants to pimp you.... he pimps you.

So... why do you give Nic a head's up?

"Hey Nic, I know you're my pimp and you been abusing me for years, but I just wanted to do you a favor and let you know that I am going to be leaving you in two weeks... if that is okay with you, of course.." -- How does that usually work out? Sure, give him time to plan your continued submission to him.

Why a "quit date"?

If you are tired of being pimped, pack your damn bags and take the first out you got! This community is like the Harriet Tubman of dip slavery.

What the hell are you waiting for? Nic is looking the other way now. Flush that shit and come with us!

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »
Quote from: Need2Quit
Remember that the positives of quitting greatly outweight the negative. The harshest reality is looking though pictures of those who got mouth cancer. Don't become a statistic. Keep the faith strong and post roll. You are stronger than the nic and you won't do this alone!
Hey N2Q,

You should jump into the DOG House groupme. We been waiting for ya.

Interested?

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »
Day #14  Day #7 - Nic  Al Free

Tonight, my wife and I went out for date night. It was my first real test and craving to drink alcohol. It was Friday. Had a long week of work. We were eating good food. I wanted a drink. A drink would very often lead to a ninja dip later.

I resisted and it felt good. The craving was strong, but it wasn't long-lasting at all. Trust me, just ride it out. Nic and Al got too many people out there to pimp. They won't hang around too long for ya. Just entertain them for a bit and they'll leave ya alone.

Now back to Key  Peele.

Offline Need2Quit

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-10-01
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »
Remember that the positives of quitting greatly outweight the negative. The harshest reality is looking though pictures of those who got mouth cancer. Don't become a statistic. Keep the faith strong and post roll. You are stronger than the nic and you won't do this alone!

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
Day - 14 - (spits a shell)

Ain't no thang...

Yanking cravings like "jump"

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
*poof

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2015, 10:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Can_I_Kick_It?
Day 13 - Accountability

I am blessed to have found this community. 13 days ago, when I decided to man up and leave the pimp, I was greeted with open arms by a community of brothers and sisters who were are struggling with the same thing as me. I posted roll and got nothing, but support. I posted an introduction and vets and newbies alike stepped in to tell me to stay strong and stay quit. I read about the struggles and triumphs of others. I read about brothers and sisters braving, craving, caving, saving, and slaving. I learned from people willing to share. I connected with JP Anthony really quick because we quit on the same day. Quickly, we exchanged numbers and began to support one another and hold one another accountable. However, we can't do this shit as a pair so we both connected broadly with others. Our group continued to grow with newbies... that group developed an identity called the DOG House, a collection of bad ass quitters that will experience their Hall of Fame in January 2016.

EDD we take it ODAAT by encouraging one another, bitching at one another, holding each other accountable, sharing our struggles, sharing our glories, making each other laugh. The shit really is beautiful. However, it wouldn't work if it weren't for a collective conscience and a set of established norms, values, and practices in KTC. Some time we might disagree with the rules and we bitch back and forth in open forum or in chat rooms. However, as a community, we respect that which was created. That honor and respect seems to be one of the main components that allows the community to be as strong as it is.

This movement is strong and as people step in and disrespect it... it will mobilize and get stronger. Why? Because KTC is not just a collection of individuals, it is a community. Individuals kick the can. Communities kill that sumbitch!

Stay strong. Stay quit!

Bow wow! Dog House 4 Life.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »
Day 13 - Accountability

I am blessed to have found this community. 13 days ago, when I decided to man up and leave the pimp, I was greeted with open arms by a community of brothers and sisters who were are struggling with the same thing as me. I posted roll and got nothing, but support. I posted an introduction and vets and newbies alike stepped in to tell me to stay strong and stay quit. I read about the struggles and triumphs of others. I read about brothers and sisters braving, craving, caving, saving, and slaving. I learned from people willing to share. I connected with JP Anthony really quick because we quit on the same day. Quickly, we exchanged numbers and began to support one another and hold one another accountable. However, we can't do this shit as a pair so we both connected broadly with others. Our group continued to grow with newbies... that group developed an identity called the DOG House, a collection of bad ass quitters that will experience their Hall of Fame in January 2016.

EDD we take it ODAAT by encouraging one another, bitching at one another, holding each other accountable, sharing our struggles, sharing our glories, making each other laugh. The shit really is beautiful. However, it wouldn't work if it weren't for a collective conscience and a set of established norms, values, and practices in KTC. Some time we might disagree with the rules and we bitch back and forth in open forum or in chat rooms. However, as a community, we respect that which was created. That honor and respect seems to be one of the main components that allows the community to be as strong as it is.

This movement is strong and as people step in and disrespect it... it will mobilize and get stronger. Why? Because KTC is not just a collection of individuals, it is a community. Individuals kick the can. Communities kill that sumbitch!

Stay strong. Stay quit!

Bow wow! Dog House 4 Life.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »
Can my brother, we all have are troubles and trials but remember there's always someone out there alot worse off than us! Stop smell the roses and count your blessings and smile! Damn proud of you! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »
Quote from: eyehatecope
Proud of you Can_I!

Hang in there. You are a tough guy it already shows...

I quit with you today!
Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. I quit with you today.

Keep leading the way cowboy

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2015, 08:03:00 AM »
Proud of you Can_I!

Hang in there. You are a tough guy it already shows...

I quit with you today!
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »
Day 12 - Still Kickin' It

Can I kick it? Yes, ya can! The words of the great Tribe. I didn't need to wait or ask to kick it, I just did. I'm doing good. Standing strong. Staying quit. The world is presenting me with the usual temptations plus quite a bit more. I am facing situations lately that, in the past, i would have chewed off my lip. However, I quit. It is what it is.

(Walks off into the morning sunrise with a cheek full of sunflower seeds.

(Spits outta shell)