Author Topic: toddrn2006-New Quitter  (Read 4852 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: toddrn2006-New Quitter
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 08:06:00 AM »
Alright todd it's truth time. You never even made it past the first day did you? No roll post yesterday and you never logged back in after 4 pm the first day.

You were patching it up before the end of the first day I bet. If not,, you were knuckle deep in a can of poison. Doesn't matter,,, SAME THING!

I know quitting and gaining control of this addiction is hard, hell it was the hardest thing I ever did. You have to give it time though. If you come here and post roll, ask for help and use this site to fight the withdrawals and other symptoms you can do it.

I know your tired of slavery to a can,, or you wouldn't have come here and you wouldn't be trying to use alternatives that do not work. Who do you think created all these alternatives. Just in case your confused,, its the same companies that fill a tin can full of poison.

When you do get the balls and rrrrreeeeelllyyy want to quit come back, we are here to help you.

Slavery,,, I'm so glad i'm not you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: rickddd
Quote from: Pinched
Todd,
I hope you are doing well today.  As you can see there are a good many people here to help you brother.  As for the fake dips I never dipped Wintergreen but Smokey Mountain Wintergreen is my favorite and thought expensive I like Teaza as well, but it tastes like coffee.

Quit strong man, it will get better.  Call if you need anything.
Todd - I didn't see your name on roll yet today - you doing ok bro?
I've been wondering the same thing rick?? Maybe he's busy with stuff today,, work and all. Maybe he's got a lot going on and don't have time to tell the world he's quit today and make his promise. I hope this is the case...

I don't want to mention the alternative.
Maybe you're right. or maybe we just didn't make it clear that he needs to come on every single day and post roll?? Hope we hear from him soon!
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »
Quote from: rickddd
Todd,
I hope you are doing well today.  As you can see there are a good many people here to help you brother.  As for the fake dips I never dipped Wintergreen but Smokey Mountain Wintergreen is my favorite and thought expensive I like Teaza as well, but it tastes like coffee.

Quit strong man, it will get better.  Call if you need anything.
I've been wondering the same thing rick?? Maybe he's busy with stuff today,, work and all. Maybe he's got a lot going on and don't have time to tell the world he's quit today and make his promise. I hope this is the case...

I don't want to mention the alternative.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Todd,
I hope you are doing well today. As you can see there are a good many people here to help you brother. As for the fake dips I never dipped Wintergreen but Smokey Mountain Wintergreen is my favorite and thought expensive I like Teaza as well, but it tastes like coffee.

Quit strong man, it will get better. Call if you need anything.
COMMA! 10/2/2015

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
Todd,
I hope you are doing well today. As you can see there are a good many people here to help you brother. As for the fake dips I never dipped Wintergreen but Smokey Mountain Wintergreen is my favorite and thought expensive I like Teaza as well, but it tastes like coffee.

Quit strong man, it will get better. Call if you need anything.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
How's it going, ToddRN? Keep up the dialogue going, it will help. You have a LOT of quitters paying attention to your quit! Keep going!
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Welcome brother. I hope your aren't upset with my earlier posts. I just wanted you to see the truth about the poison. It is so hard to see the truth initially. The poison lies and makes you believe you can't live without it. It makes you think that life is going to suck without it. It controls every aspect of your life because you are always trying to figure out how the poison is going to fit in your schedule. You have to always consider if you have enough to last with every occasion.

I'm here to tell you it's all a big lie and after time you will kick yourself right in the ass for ever putting that filthy disgusting dirt in your pie hole.

I noticed you asked a lot of questions and I would like to answer a couple.

You asked what's good herbal/fake dip? The answer is simple. Whatever fake keeps the real out. If you have to make your own special brew to keep the real crap out of your pie hole,, do it. After time you will find that your brain wants one thing and that's nicotine. It isn't going to like any particular brand of fake. I used smoky mountain for a while. It did help some, but don't think for one second it's a cure for craves and withdrawals. The only remedy for craves and withdrawals is time. Each day you go without the poison the easier things get.

My favorite question of the day really is the easiest. You asked if this ( cold turkey) is the best way. Listen brother,,,,,,,,, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT. THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT IT. ANY OTHER WAY IS NOT QUITTING!!!!

One day at a time (ODAAT) and you can have a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason ( NAFAR) and you can keep it. You can do this,, don't think for one second you can't. You need some more digits let me know. Anyone you want to pm, just click on their name and you will see their information come up. Then click on personal message. You made the right decision,, stay quit. It will get better.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
Quote from: toddrn2006
I just tried to post a roll call for the Nov group, can someone check and tell me if I did it right and let me know on here. Thanks.
no its not but it's fixed - but check you inbox for steps -
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline toddrn2006

• Interests: Sports-Football, Wrestling, Baseball Coaching Rec. LeagueHunting-Deer, Squirrel, Rabbit, Groundhog, CoyoteFishing-Trout, FlyDual Sports and Dirt Bikes Team YamahaChurch-BaptistCamping-Pop-up CampingCall of Duty Badass
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
I just tried to post a roll call for the Nov group, can someone check and tell me if I did it right and let me know on here. Thanks.

Offline nebraskadad58

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
One more thing, or two: 1) Best herbal? Already tried Smokey Mtn-Ok best so far I guess, weird texture, weird taste and Bacc OFF-not a fan so much flavor gone too soon, Oregon Mint-rubs my gum raw, like the taste and it last, but the rub is pretty bad on an already raw gumline. Any thoughts on Hooch?
2) Not clear about posting roll. Any link aval.?
Posting roll--- go to the pink welcome center button to your top left. Click on quit groups. Look for Pre- HOF November (you will read why) and post in there. It is a little cumbersome at first, so read the link in there about how to do it.

as for fake stuff--- It really is a personal choice. I ended up feeling more comfortable just going through bags of sunflower seeds. I also attempted my own fake chew.A piece of coffee filter wrapped around a 50 50 mix of coffee grounds and brown sugar.
Some folks just through a couple coffee beans in. Whatever works. Nothing will seem exactly right, but as long as it doesn't have nicotine, it really doesn't matter.
Eventually you won't need them, but it sure makes life easier at first.
here is a link on "how to post roll Call"
index.php?showtopic=50
Quit Day - May 6 2013
Sobriety Date: January 6, 1986

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
I am here. Took the patch off. Real tired today. Slight headache. Eyes feel blurry but not really blurry. Using fake dip. Cant think/focus well. After meals is a bitch.  :blink:
NICE... I hope you didn't just take it off and leave the box of them sitting on your counter. You need to go all in and toss those things.

Now that you have tossed the patch, "Welcome." You are now a man who can, and should post roll. Go to your November group and make your pledge to yourself and to us that you will not use nic today.

You will feel pretty darn weird all day, and it isn't going to be fun, but we are here. You can post to your intro, get on chat, and read, read, read.
As was told to me, your KTC library card is one of your greatest tools.

Quit with you.
Good point, Cal. Todd, get all forms of nicotine out of your life. Empty your cans (all of them, even the stashes in the glove box and golf bag) into the toilet and flush! Trust me, if you just toss the cans into the garbage, you're gonna be thinking about it constantly, it will be a constant temptation.

Also get rid of the used and unused patches. I know they cost money but if you keep them, you're more likely to go back to them in a moment of weakness. Trust us.

Commit to this quit, and destroy them now.
COMMA! 10/2/2015

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »
One more thing, or two: 1) Best herbal? Already tried Smokey Mtn-Ok best so far I guess, weird texture, weird taste and Bacc OFF-not a fan so much flavor gone too soon, Oregon Mint-rubs my gum raw, like the taste and it last, but the rub is pretty bad on an already raw gumline. Any thoughts on Hooch?
Posting roll--- go to the pink welcome center button to your top left. Click on quit groups. Look for Pre- HOF November (you will read why) and post in there. It is a little cumbersome at first, so read the link in there about how to do it.

as for fake stuff--- It really is a personal choice. I ended up feeling more comfortable just going through bags of sunflower seeds. I also attempted my own fake chew.A piece of coffee filter wrapped around a 50 50 mix of coffee grounds and brown sugar.
Some folks just through a couple coffee beans in. Whatever works. Nothing will seem exactly right, but as long as it doesn't have nicotine, it really doesn't matter.
Eventually you won't need them, but it sure makes life easier at first.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »
Check out the welcome center:
index.php?showforum=13

This is how to post roll, which is your promise to your group to NOT use any nicotine that whole day.
index.php?showtopic=50
you'll be in the November 2013 group (thats when you'll hit 100 days quit, and make the Hall of Fame).

As far as fake - none of them taste like copenhagen. Personally I like the pack and feel of Hooch the best - but it doesn't taste very good IMO. Whiskey flavor was probably the best one.
If you were a mint/wintergreen chewer, there are fakes that more closely match that taste. Try Smoky Mtn Arctic mint.
COMMA! 10/2/2015

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
I am here. Took the patch off. Real tired today. Slight headache. Eyes feel blurry but not really blurry. Using fake dip. Cant think/focus well. After meals is a bitch. :blink:
NICE... I hope you didn't just take it off and leave the box of them sitting on your counter. You need to go all in and toss those things.

Now that you have tossed the patch, "Welcome." You are now a man who can, and should post roll. Go to your November group and make your pledge to yourself and to us that you will not use nic today.

You will feel pretty darn weird all day, and it isn't going to be fun, but we are here. You can post to your intro, get on chat, and read, read, read.
As was told to me, your KTC library card is one of your greatest tools.

Quit with you.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
You guys sure this is the best way? Without a taper, it seems all shitty. I am quitting or I wouldnt have gone this far. I am tired and tired of dipping. It is so hard to focus. This sucks so bad. I really didnt realize how the nicotine really affected me. I guess when your on it you dont feel it. I dred the constipation most of all. Will I ever be not so tired?
AWESOME Todd!!!!! that is great! the first 4-5 days are the worst, but it slowly does get better after that. Tapering just prolongs the misery, trust me. There is no easy way, bro, you just have to go thru it. But I can promise you it does get better as time goes on. Just stay quit today!

yes, headaches, fogginess, those are all typical. Your brain is beginning to rewire itself to work 'normal' instead of with a drug supply. hang in there bro, I'm quitting today right along side you.
COMMA! 10/2/2015