Author Topic: quit methods ? Training  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Dr_Dirt

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: quit methods ? Training
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
Dude, you do not need that long, you are just extending the pain with out any of the benefit.

I thought I would drop the Kodiak, use lozenges for a week and then quit. I was wrong, and the guys on this site were right to mock me and tell me how wrong I was.

I ended up adding 3 days to the fog because I didn't believe I could do it. It is friday - a perfect day to flush that shit, post roll and quit like a motherfucker.

Quitting is hard - there are no magic blowjbs when you begin your quit - mainly the fog. You can do it - shit, I quit today (and several yesterdays for that matter) and I would quit with you today. Right now.

As some of the more historically-advantaged folks around here say "jump in! come on, the Kool aid's fine!"
"Take what you need; Give what you can; Ignore the rest"

Quit Date: 18 Sept. 2012
HOF Date: 26 Dec. 2012

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
Re: quit methods ? Training
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 01:44:00 PM »
you can't just go out and do it

I did and so did everyone who posts roll everyday. This is a no nicotine website. You gotta man up and get off the tit if you wanna quit. Go to the welcome center and read everything twice then flush that shit and get to quittin. You can do it.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline JEPMD88

quit methods ? Training
« on: September 28, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
Well here we Go!
I tried quitting before cold turkey did not work - I am "worthless and weak".So instead I am in "training " to quit. I'm using a time schedule that adds time between dips every day and restricts when first and last dips occur every day. (no boosting allowed) I'm a bit of a control freak so I figure by tracking my progress each day I can record a little victory. I will stay on schedule ! Anybody try something like this ? any successes/ faillures ?
I am hoping by cutting back a little each day it will prevent a collapsing failure. kind of like if you need to run a 6 minute mile, you can't just go out and do it, you must train for it. So here we go, started "training" 9/25 still on track. Plan to be totally free 10/31. Thanks for the inspirations, wish me luck.