Author Topic: Too Much To Live For  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Braves360

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Too Much To Live For
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: RobFulton1
Day 3, and getting easier. The edges of the fog are still lingering, but it's getting better.

I've started working out more since I quit. It was initially just to keep my mind off of things, but I'm going to try to keep that up too. Get healthy by cutting out the nic, and then get healthier by working out and putting good stuff in me.

Using the fake dip a little bit, but only once today. In the car because I was driving - that was an "Always dip" sort of place. So it helped to have something I could put there without getting the nic. I was glad for that.

Proud to be quitting with you all. Thanks for the support so far!

QLF EDD!

We've got TMTLF to cave. We've got this.
Great job! Your blood should nearly be poison free. The triggers, like driving, can remain for a few hundred days, so you're just going to have to keep killing them one at a time. Remember that a crave, is a crave, is a crave. If you can kill one you can kill the next one. Use each crave that you kill as ammo to conquer the next one.
That's some really good quit gospel there. If you can make it through one crave you make it through them all.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »
Day 3, and getting easier. The edges of the fog are still lingering, but it's getting better.

I've started working out more since I quit. It was initially just to keep my mind off of things, but I'm going to try to keep that up too. Get healthy by cutting out the nic, and then get healthier by working out and putting good stuff in me.

Using the fake dip a little bit, but only once today. In the car because I was driving - that was an "Always dip" sort of place. So it helped to have something I could put there without getting the nic. I was glad for that.

QLF EDD!

Great job! Your blood should nearly be poison free. The triggers, like driving, can remain for a few hundred days, so you're just going to have to keep killing them one at a time. Remember that a crave, is a crave, is a crave. If you can kill one you can kill the next one. Use each crave that you kill as ammo to conquer the next one.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline RobFulton1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-01
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »

QLF EDD!

"Too much to live for"

Ego Non Vinci

Quit Date: June 1, 2014

Offline J2thaZ

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
Proud to quit with you all too.

Day 3, and the fog is starting to lift. Still feel funky, but it's getting better. Still hitting the water hard, still fighting cravings. But just because I crave does NOT mean I CAVE :) It won't happen.

I'm pushing through it.

TMTLF to cave now.
Proud to be quit with you today Rob. Day 3 is starting better than day 2 did, and day 4 should be better after that. TMTLF with you today bro.
Desire. Dedication. Discipline.

"You determine if you are going to make it, not your excuses." - flashman

"those who are truly my brothers know that I will never betray them." - LOOT

"ain't no way I'm going to lie to my Sultans....I'd rather die" - CavMan83

Offline RobFulton1

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »
Proud to quit with you all too.

Day 3, and the fog is starting to lift. Still feel funky, but it's getting better. Still hitting the water hard, still fighting cravings. But just because I crave does NOT mean I CAVE :) It won't happen.

I'm pushing through it.

TMTLF to cave now.
"Too much to live for"

Ego Non Vinci

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 01:29:00 AM »
Glad to have you with us. Put your head down and push through; it's so worth it. This forum and the people on it are only as helpful as you allow them to be.

Post roll every day and reach out to people. Make connections to form an accountability network. If you need another person/number, shoot me a PM.

Proud to be quit with you.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline conbud

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-11
  • Interests: Tool, playing bass, XBOX, anything that goes boom, IT stuff (making the web work), my dogs
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »
Power through it. There's no super secret feel good. What you're doing is it. Pound the water, every time you walk by the pisser you should have to use it. If not, you need to drink more water.

Try to get some sleep, eat good. Stay strong. Use your intro like a journal in good and bad times like your doing. Really helps to get stuff out. Text your quit brothers. Use live chat. Most importantly, caving is not an option!

Keep it up brother! You're doing it!
I'll stay quit with you today. PM me if you need a number.
Proud quitter of the August 2014 Spitter Quitters!
Quit on May 11, 2014

"LOOT didn't forget Day 1....and never will. The day you forget Day 1...you lose." - LOOT

"Caving is NOT an option! Do something else."

Offline RobFulton1

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »
So Day 2 is in the books. Rough one. The Fog is still here. Maybe lifting a little. My headache seems to be getting worse. I'm just thinking that if getting off of it makes me feel this terrible, imagine how bad it was for me to be putting that IN my system all the time. This sucks, and frankly it hurts. But I'm not going back. I'll go through this once, and only once.

Still draining that water glass all the time. Any suggestions of stuff that helped you guys get through? I've got some fake dip, a ton of gum, need some sunflower seeds too ( love those things anyway).

Thanks for the support, guys. We've got this.

QLF, Every Damn Day.

TMTLF
"Too much to live for"

Ego Non Vinci

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »
From what I've perused over the past few threads, mad props to you brother for jumping into the quit head first. You got some legends of quit on your thread already who have lent support (though not a legend, consider me another). When that fog lifts you'll be amazed at what you see in the mirror. The addict, through the eyes of a quitter. Our behavior as addicts can be downright pathetic, but our actions as quitters is what defines us now. Keep posting, keep reading, stay active, and QLF EDD.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline RobFulton1

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
Hey everybody,

Just a quick update to say this day is getting a little better I think. I've got a little less of a headache now, maybe, anyway. I'm still in "The Fog", I imagine that will hang around for a few more days. I've been pounding the crap out of my water glass - 6 or 7 glasses already today, along with coffee. lol.

I really didn't expect that my whole body would basically hurt. That's pretty much what it's doing. I feel sore all over. I was in a car wreck a few years ago, and damned if it didn't feel about like this. Rough.

Still pushing on, still no stumbles yet :) I did find some Smokey Mountain fake dip earlier today. It's not bad. Floats a little more in my mouth that I would like, but it helps kill the "I've gotta have something in my mouth" thing. Also been chewing a lot of gum, sucking on peppermints, anything and everything I can do.

Any recommendations for fake dips or things that helped you guys?

Thanks again for the encouragement! Still glad to be quit with you all.

--Rob
"Too much to live for"

Ego Non Vinci

Offline ericfrompittsburgh

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • double tappin' the nic bitch since Aug 2012
  • Interests: Not tobacco....
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
Hey Rob,

Sunflower seeds , atomic fireballs, fake dip, bubble gum.....they all work to keep your mouth busy while you adjust to life w/o dip.

Personally, I got hooked on Wild Bill's Hickory smoked Beef Jerky......damn stuff cost more $$ than the tobacco did...but hey, got me through the dark days.

Congrats on day 2 - making it through the first 24 hours w/o nicotine is a hell of an accomplishment - be proud!

Oh, and what the hell, you are from WV........really?

Well.....I won't hold it against you.....but screw the Mountaineers.....hail Pitt. :D
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
Good stuff already in this thread bro.
Stick around and make a difference... for you, others in your quit group, and those to follow.

The concept here is easy... don't put that poison in your body anymore.
The execution can be a bitch but that's why we're here for you... a needed distraction or reminder.
I used for 25 years and quit cold turkey last April... if I can do this, you can do this. You need another quitter in your corner... just holler and my number is yours.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
Keep pounding the water, and keep yourself busy. It will suck til it doesn't suck and that is about the best I can give you. You will have great moments followed by crappy ones. Days just the same as moments. I'm just curious Rob, you ever thought about where the money goes after you lay it down on the counter to buy a can??? Let's call it 5 bucks (I know it is usually a little more). Think about how many different ways that $5 is split after it leaves your hand. Think of all the people and institutions that get a piece of your hard earned money. After that, think about what they do with your money and what they spend it on and how they waste it. Then after you have really thought about it, let your mind imagine what you got in return. A can of poison, your own death sealed up tight and made to smell like rat cum. but not anymore, because you and I are quit. I quit with ya bro.

Mogul

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
Day 2

So far? Kind of like Hell. Maybe a little better than yesterday but still pretty rough. I'm drinking a freaking ton of water, and I've worked out. That seems to help a little.

I keep wondering how long it will be until I stop feeling like I've been hit by a bus. But however long it is, this will be the only time I go through this. I'm not going back.

I'm probably going to try an herbal, non tobacco, non nicotine dip today, just to see if it will help the oral fixation of needing a dip in my lip. Trying anything I can to push through these first days. I will NOT fail!

Thanks for all the PMs and such you guys. It helps.

Proud to be quit with you all.

Sept 2014 - We've got this, Sultans. Day at a time.
Hey you're doing great! one of sayings around here it that "it will suck until it doesn't, then it wont." The blessing is that you won't have to go through it again, as you observe. I recommend keeping a log of your quit here- in part to help you remember what you never want to go through again (the mind forgets the bad things over time, naturally), and also because it lets people know how you are doing and gets you more support and accountability. PM me if you need another number, and otherwise quit on, quit hard!

A good guy from my class, Punkin, is from WV. Look him up and pm him.

Here'a an article that helped me learn a lot about the addiction we all fight.....Nicotine Addiction 101
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline RobFulton1

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
Day 2

So far? Kind of like Hell. Maybe a little better than yesterday but still pretty rough. I'm drinking a freaking ton of water, and I've worked out. That seems to help a little.

I keep wondering how long it will be until I stop feeling like I've been hit by a bus. But however long it is, this will be the only time I go through this. I'm not going back.

I'm probably going to try an herbal, non tobacco, non nicotine dip today, just to see if it will help the oral fixation of needing a dip in my lip. Trying anything I can to push through these first days. I will NOT fail!

Thanks for all the PMs and such you guys. It helps.

Proud to be quit with you all.

Sept 2014 - We've got this, Sultans. Day at a time.
"Too much to live for"

Ego Non Vinci