Author Topic: Just Threw away my can!  (Read 2923 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
Re: Just Threw away my can!
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: dag5306
Day 3 is here and I am still trucking along with no nic.  Sunflower seeds and regular Wrigley Spearmint gum is all I've been doing.  I thought about buying some fake dip like Hooch, but I just don't think its wise.  Last time I got some fake stuff once I ran out I ran back to the station and bought the real stuff!  Here is to another day!
You can only get Hooch online - Smokey Mountain is a fake you can buy at most Walmarts -- I dipped for 35 yrs and needed/wanted a crutch to get over the oral fixation issue day 104 now and haven't had a fake dip in nearly two weeks-

do whatever you need to to stay quit but only vent and rage here- not on innocent bystanders like the sage Grizzly25 said!!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline dag5306

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Day 3 is here and I am still trucking along with no nic. Sunflower seeds and regular Wrigley Spearmint gum is all I've been doing. I thought about buying some fake dip like Hooch, but I just don't think its wise. Last time I got some fake stuff once I ran out I ran back to the station and bought the real stuff! Here is to another day!

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
I made it through the first day without any issues, but this morning really sucked! Not with the cravings but if I get frustrated or pissed off I always went to the can... this morning I didn't. I made it through that test early on. Here is many more days!
Great job!!!

Remember its one day at a time brother!!!

Stay focused and when needed rage here we can all take it!!!!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline dag5306

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 10:57:00 AM »
I made it through the first day without any issues, but this morning really sucked! Not with the cravings but if I get frustrated or pissed off I always went to the can... this morning I didn't. I made it through that test early on. Here is many more days!

Offline dag5306

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Keddy
I'm ready to be done!  I've been dipping for close to 15 years now and I'm sick of it!  I just threw away my a can that I bought yesterday and after reading this website I didn't think twice about it.  Everything else in my life is healthy, I eat clean, I'm in great shape, have a beautiful wife and 2 beautiful daughters, but I've had this nasty habit for a long time and it needs to go!  I've tried all the fake dip out there to try and quit before and it just lead me right back to my old faithful Red Seal wintergreen long cut.  Now its time for me to be the strong man that I am and do it cold turkey.  Please give me any advice/tips that you know, I know this will be hard but with the support of you guys and my family I know I can do it.
Congratulations on your quit! Sounds like you're ready to do this.

Note: We quit cold turkey here, meaning no nic patches, gum or tobacco products.

As you probably know, the essential part of KTC and its success is posting roll call every day. Head on over to the WELCOME CENTER (link in red at the upper left of your screen) and read all about posting roll. Then go to the July 2012 group and get started.

Also read everything you can under this link: KillTheCan.org.
Information is power when it comes to quitting.

The initial days of quitting suck, but your life is worth the fight!!
If you need anything else, just shout.
I'm with you man it is time to grow a set of balls an be a strong man. Quit so you can enjoy those little girls even more than you do now, I promise you will.
The first few days of posting can be confusing but read everything you can and draw from the strength in others stories.
Drink a ton of water the next few days, I mixed in a little cranberry. Work out, drink a ton of water. Fuck your hot wife, drink a ton of water.
Oh ya, and before all that, post roll call in the July group first thing...then drink a ton of water.
And do not take any anger out on your hot wife and 2 daughters, they did not do this to you, you did!!
LOL! I try to drink a gallon of water daily anyways! I will def get taken care of by the wife as well!

Offline dag5306

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Wedgie
Looks like it's you and me on the same day Dag. Let's see each other to the end.
Im down man lets do it!

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
Looks like it's you and me on the same day Dag. Let's see each other to the end.

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »
Quote from: MikeA
I'm ready to be done!  I've been dipping for close to 15 years now and I'm sick of it!  I just threw away my a can that I bought yesterday and after reading this website I didn't think twice about it.  Everything else in my life is healthy, I eat clean, I'm in great shape, have a beautiful wife and 2 beautiful daughters, but I've had this nasty habit for a long time and it needs to go!  I've tried all the fake dip out there to try and quit before and it just lead me right back to my old faithful Red Seal wintergreen long cut.  Now its time for me to be the strong man that I am and do it cold turkey.  Please give me any advice/tips that you know, I know this will be hard but with the support of you guys and my family I know I can do it.

Note: We quit cold turkey here, meaning no nic patches, gum or tobacco products.

As you probably know, the essential part of KTC and its success is posting roll call every day. Head on over to the WELCOME CENTER (link in red at the upper left of your screen) and read all about posting roll. Then go to the July 2012 group and get started.

I'm with you man it is time to grow a set of balls an be a strong man. Quit so you can enjoy those little girls even more than you do now, I promise you will.
The first few days of posting can be confusing but read everything you can and draw from the strength in others stories.
Drink a ton of water the next few days, I mixed in a little cranberry. Work out, drink a ton of water. Fuck your hot wife, drink a ton of water.
Oh ya, and before all that, post roll call in the July group first thing...then drink a ton of water.
And do not take any anger out on your hot wife and 2 daughters, they did not do this to you, you did!!
Doesn't July already have a Dag? It's cool, he's a dbag, we'll make him change is name
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »

4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »

Offline dag5306

• Quitter
Just Threw away my can!
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
I'm ready to be done! I've been dipping for close to 15 years now and I'm sick of it! I just threw away my a can that I bought yesterday and after reading this website I didn't think twice about it. Everything else in my life is healthy, I eat clean, I'm in great shape, have a beautiful wife and 2 beautiful daughters, but I've had this nasty habit for a long time and it needs to go! I've tried all the fake dip out there to try and quit before and it just lead me right back to my old faithful Red Seal wintergreen long cut. Now its time for me to be the strong man that I am and do it cold turkey. Please give me any advice/tips that you know, I know this will be hard but with the support of you guys and my family I know I can do it.