Author Topic: this isn't so hard  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: this isn't so hard
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
Don't get cocky. The. Nic bitch is sneaky. Post roll every day.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »
So far I've not really had any problems except for the occasional craving
Welcome young man. It sounds as though your young and just handling this quit like a champ. Fact: Your here because your having a difficult time. Why else would you be searching the intranet for sites such as this.

I will agree that quitting is not as impossible as the poison has you believing before you quit. I often wonder how I was so duped for so long. 25 years, wtf. 2 weeks is just the beginning though. Trust me. The poison will come calling your name again, again, again and again. It doesn't give up. It gets easier and easier to say no. But this one rule is one you can never forget. 1 is to many and 1000 is never enough. Realize your addicted to one of the most addictive drugs known to man and this addiction will not just go away.

You got a whole life to live. Make this quit stronger. Post roll with us daily. Make a promise to yourself, us and everyone else in this world that you will not use today.

It's easy until it's not. Quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
Welcome aboard. You said dip free... You using any other form of nicotine? Cigarettes, Nicolette, cigars, etc? If so, that has to go. NIC free site.

Get up in the welcome center and read up. Need you to start with posting ROLL. That is your commitment to yourself and us that you are NIC free and quit today.

Don't get too cocky and think this is ez. Far from it. Your gonna have to work and fight for your freedom from your addiction. Thinking it is ez is a recipe for disaster.

Let's start with Roll. Quit!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: fast94
Hi, my name is Jimmy I'm 19 and i have been dip free for 2 weeks now, (since Feb 1). So far I've not really had any problems except for the occasional craving but that only last for a few minutes.Some history, I've been dipping since i was in middle school so about 5 years and i used a can or more a day for about 4 years. My poison was Copenhagen straight long cut., my reason for quitting was because i was getting too dependent on it, and my teeth are too pretty, i don't wanna mess them up our lose then, the ladies wouldn't like that!
Welcome fast jimmy. I thought quitting dip was the toughest thing I have ever done. It will get tough. When it does this community will make all the difference between staying quit or caving. Say hi to all the ladies :P

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »
Quote from: fast94
Hi, my name is Jimmy I'm 19 and i have been dip free for 2 weeks now, (since Feb 1). So far I've not really had any problems except for the occasional craving but that only last for a few minutes.Some history, I've been dipping since i was in middle school so about 5 years and i used a can or more a day for about 4 years. My poison was Copenhagen straight long cut., my reason for quitting was because i was getting too dependent on it, and my teeth are too pretty, i don't wanna mess them up our lose then, the ladies wouldn't like that!
Dependent......as in addicted. Come on. Say it. Addict.

Good choice to quit when you are so young. How young are you actually?

You are correct. Chicks don't dig dudes with half jaws.

"this isn't so hard" eeek....scary title. Little brother, this IS hard. Its a fight for your life every day. What is harder? Trust me. You will be tested. The shit is gonna burn through your veins until you give in. Are you ready to battle? This is the hardest fight I've ever done. It is also the most rewarding fight I've ever been in.

Gimme a little more. What are you doing to help your quit? What are you using to help with the craves? Do you have some numbers? Do you visit chat? How is roll going?
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline fast94

• Interests: anything that goes vroom and is fast!!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
(http://s9.postimg.org/4p3odstr/IMG_20140216_12445.jpg)

Boy them teeth sure are perdy when there, not covered in Copenhagen!

Offline fast94

• Interests: anything that goes vroom and is fast!!
this isn't so hard
« on: February 16, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »