Author Topic: Day 1... Again  (Read 3600 times)

Offline Baseballquitter6

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1... Again
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 09:16:29 PM »
Welcome Baseballquitter6!

I encourage you to SIGN UP... post roll with the August 2019 HOF group. That is your promise to yourself and us not to use nicotine in any form today. There really isn't much in the way of accountability until you sign up.

https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=14197.0

WUPP (Wake Up, Piss, Post your promise, keep your word, Repeat Daily).  Exchange digits with other quitters in your group and some vets as well. This will build your accountability and brotherhood network as well as give you instant access to support if you need it.

There are many people here who thought they couldn't quit because of XYZ. We have cops, lawyers, rodeo clowns, and desk jockeys who all thought it was impossible to quit without turning into a big blob. It's very tough at first but it gradually gets better, then much better. Continuing to chew means increasingly ruined health. It never gets better.  The good news is that KTC has a method of quitting that is 100% effective as long as you do what is asked. The choice is yours. There are battles ahead but you can do this.

I used to get freaked out about every single canker sore too. For many dippers, though, that little white patch doesn't go away and then turns into something hideous that will drop you to your knees.

Hope to see you on the rolls.

Will do! I'm out on a job site at the moment, so I'll get signed up this afternoon.

I know it's possible and I know I can do it, because I've done it before. But I've always had those little demons come back at me. I'll make it this time!

Oh boy... Hopefully just a regular old canker sore... Just hope I'm not a couple days too late.
So if it is "just another canker sore" are ya still gonna quit or are ya gonna wait till it is cancer?

Nope. Definitely still going to quit. The anxiety is too much for me.
The anxiety is a killer sometimes. If you are quit and committed to staying quit there are solutions to the anxiety.

Nothing should over power your desire to quit.

P.S. 2 times makes you a member of the little pink panty club of bithces!!! I remember you. Still cant keep this shit out of your little piehole huh>

Haha.

This is my first time posting on the site. My first bout of 133 days I just did it on my own using the resources this site provides. But now I've decided to join the community because I'm sick of quitting and eventually going back to the old habit.
I played ball too. What you gon
na do to make sure you are not one of the weak that litters the road to quit?
Stick on this forum haha

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 01:42:39 PM »

I encourage you to SIGN UP... post roll with the August 2019 HOF group. That is your promise to yourself and us not to use nicotine in any form today. There really isn't much in the way of accountability until you sign up.

WUPP (Wake Up, Piss, Post your promise, keep your word, Repeat Daily).  Exchange digits with other quitters in your group and some vets as well. This will build your accountability and brotherhood network as well as give you instant access to support if you need it.

There are many people here who thought they couldn't quit because of XYZ. We have cops, lawyers, rodeo clowns, and desk jockeys who all thought it was impossible to quit without turning into a big blob. It's very tough at first but it gradually gets better, then much better. Continuing to chew means increasingly ruined health. It never gets better.  The good news is that KTC has a method of quitting that is 100% effective as long as you do what is asked. The choice is yours. There are battles ahead but you can do this.

I used to get freaked out about every single canker sore too. For many dippers, though, that little white patch doesn't go away and then turns into something hideous that will drop you to your knees.

Will do! I'm out on a job site at the moment, so I'll get signed up this afternoon.

I know it's possible and I know I can do it, because I've done it before. But I've always had those little demons come back at me. I'll make it this time!

Oh boy... Hopefully just a regular old canker sore... Just hope I'm not a couple days too late.
So if it is "just another canker sore" are ya still gonna quit or are ya gonna wait till it is cancer?

The anxiety is a killer sometimes. If you are quit and committed to staying quit there are solutions to the anxiety.

P.S. 2 times makes you a member of the little pink panty club of bithces!!! I remember you. Still cant keep this shit out of your little piehole huh>

Haha.

This is my first time posting on the site. My first bout of 133 days I just did it on my own using the resources this site provides. But now I've decided to join the community because I'm sick of quitting and eventually going back to the old habit.
I played ball too. What you gon
na do to make sure you are not one of the weak that litters the road to quit?
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Baseballquitter6

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 01:36:06 PM »

Haha.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 12:02:13 PM »

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:28:22 PM by RAZD611 »

Hurt Feelings Report

Offline Baseballquitter6

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 11:34:58 AM »

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 10:50:19 AM »

Hurt Feelings Report

Offline Baseballquitter6

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 09:42:21 AM »

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:51:01 AM by Baseballquitter6 »

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »

June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Baseballquitter6

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 09:13:55 AM »
Welcome. Here's a link to your quit group: https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=14197.0

You're probably right - it's just a cancer sore, or something I had called leukoplakia (small white patches). But my best advice is that you get in and see a dentist as soon as you can.

Go to your quit group early every morning, and make your promise to remain nicotine free for the day by posting roll. Then come back tomorrow, and every tomorrow afterward, and make the same promise again. When you post roll, and make your promise, you have taken nicotine off the table for the rest of the day. Make your promise. Keep your promise. It really is that simple. Hard as hell, but simple.

Get to know the others in your group. Exchange digits (phone numbers) with a few of them, and a few vets too. Mine are just a PM away. You get out of this site what you put in.

Proud to quit with you.

Thanks for that. Sure enough, my dentist is closed for the holiday weekend, so I'm planning on getting in there next week just to make sure. Hopefully I can survive the anxiety until then (haha).

I'll get involved in the group as well this time to make this quit the last quit.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 09:09:14 AM »
Welcome. Here's a link to your quit group: https://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=14197.0

You're probably right - it's just a cancer sore, or something I had called leukoplakia (small white patches). But my best advice is that you get in and see a dentist as soon as you can.

Go to your quit group early every morning, and make your promise to remain nicotine free for the day by posting roll. Then come back tomorrow, and every tomorrow afterward, and make the same promise again. When you post roll, and make your promise, you have taken nicotine off the table for the rest of the day. Make your promise. Keep your promise. It really is that simple. Hard as hell, but simple.

Get to know the others in your group. Exchange digits (phone numbers) with a few of them, and a few vets too. Mine are just a PM away. You get out of this site what you put in.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline Baseballquitter6

• Quitter
Day 1... Again
« on: May 24, 2019, 08:54:27 AM »
Hello all

Today starts the first day for me for quitting dip again. My latest quit lasted 133 days. I was highly motivated to quit then and that was the longest I had ever quit for since I first started dipping 7 years ago.

I'm a baseball coach, and it can be hard for me to be on the field without a lip in. That was what kinda got me back into it. But this time is different.

I am experiencing one of those hypochondriac cancer scares right now. Most of us have been there. Yesterday I had so much anxiety and same this morning. I got a small white circle on the inside of my lip that is a little raw. I'm sure it's just a canker sore, but it is freaking me out enough to keep me motivated.

Like I mentioned before, I've used this website in the past to help me quit, but I've never actually signed up for the forums. I'm hoping that will help make it last this time.

Thanks