Author Topic: The wife hates it  (Read 2785 times)

Offline DocPetey

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • BAQ WUPP ODAAT QLFKNA
  • Quit Date: 6/21/2018
  • Likes Given: 180
Re: The wife hates it
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »
Welcome.

I never used fake dip, but a lot of quitters do. Smokey Mountain seems to be popular.

Make sure you’re not quitting only because your wife hates it. You need to quit because you hate it.

Join your September Quit Group. Learn to post roll, and exchange some digits.
Fake dip is a tool that can be helpful, but like any tool, it won’t do the work for you.  You need to genuinely want to do this for yourself.  There are no shortcuts and no easy fixes.  Quitting is a grind.  It can be downright miserable at times.  If you don’t truly want it, you’ll just be wasting your time trying again and again.  Save yourself the misery and don’t bother.

If you do really want it however, the tools at this site can help guide the way.  It is achievable, it does get easier and it absolutely is worth it.  Dive in and make it happen!

I have to agree that quitting because your wife hates it won't have you truly committed. Before I joined KTC, I tried quitting for my wife and all I ended up doing was stopping for a month maybe two at best. Then I would be right back to dipping when she pissed me off.

It's after I made the choice to quit for me that I was able to quit. Not the wife not the kids but for me. You have to want to quit.
I like this☝️post
Nothing in my life has helped me quit until I came in here and posted roll... that's it.. Hell, you don't even need to read anything in here... just fucking post roll... -Batdad
My intro   Interview
 HOF Write-up
Comma Club
How to post roll from an android

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 08:45:41 PM »
Welcome.

I never used fake dip, but a lot of quitters do. Smokey Mountain seems to be popular.

Make sure you’re not quitting only because your wife hates it. You need to quit because you hate it.

Fake dip is a tool that can be helpful, but like any tool, it won’t do the work for you.  You need to genuinely want to do this for yourself.  There are no shortcuts and no easy fixes.  Quitting is a grind.  It can be downright miserable at times.  If you don’t truly want it, you’ll just be wasting your time trying again and again.  Save yourself the misery and don’t bother.

If you do really want it however, the tools at this site can help guide the way.  It is achievable, it does get easier and it absolutely is worth it.  Dive in and make it happen!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 08:05:54 PM »
Welcome.

Offline Bigbird1980

• Likes Given: 0
The wife hates it
« on: May 27, 2019, 07:44:30 PM »
I’ve tried many many times. I’m ready to do this again longest stretch was 6 months. I have a question does fake dip work and if so what’s a good choice. Never tried it before.