Author Topic: I'm a quitter.  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Jmay2020

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 25
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: I'm a quitter.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 07:34:11 PM »
Thanks guys. I just posted in the quit group. Hope I did it right.

Exchanging phone numbers sounds like a good thing to me, I'll take all the support I can get and will be glad to help anyone I can. I don't mind to talk, text, or IM, anyone or pray for anyone. God knows I need it.

Welcome sir glad to have you quitting with us I'm going on 13 days now it sucks but you can do it

Offline jhonomo

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 05:36:19 PM »
Thanks guys. I just posted in the quit group. Hope I did it right.

Exchanging phone numbers sounds like a good thing to me, I'll take all the support I can get and will be glad to help anyone I can. I don't mind to talk, text, or IM, anyone or pray for anyone. God knows I need it.

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 04:34:26 PM »
Hey Josh—there’s really not much more I can add than what’s been said. Welcome to the site and to the best decision of your life. Make sure you turn to this page, your roll page and any other avenues you have if you feel like giving in. We swap phone numbers with a few people. I know it seems a little iffy. I was hesitant to do that, but it saved me on more than one occasion. My number is only a PM away. We are all here for the same goal. And that’s to quit ODAAT...One Day At A Time. Hit me up if you need anything at all.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 03:59:44 PM »
Welcome.

The guys ahead of me are right, get to the September Quit Group, and post roll. Then do the same thing tomorrow, and every tomorrow after. That's your promise to yourself, members of your quit group, and everyone supporting your group that you will not use nicotine in any form for the rest of the day. We quit one day at a time (ODAAT).

I need to correct just one thing. This is not a nasty habit. Biting your fingernails is a nasty habit. It is a full-blown addiction. There is a difference, and when you recognize that, you will be in a better position to fight the addiction.

You are in for a rough few days. Make sure to drink a lot of water to flush the nicotine out of your system. Read as much as you can here in the forums. Do all you can to keep your mind occupied, and don't cave for any reason.

Offline mjplatt2009

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 03/11/2019
  • Likes Given: 241
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 03:17:02 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Josh, I'm 38 and have been dipping Kodiak, Copenhagen, and Grizzly Wintergreen for 22 years. I decided about two weeks ago that i am done! I am sick of this habit controlling me and planning my entire day around when I can throw in a dip. I am tired of spending hard-earned money on this stuff that is slowly killing me. I am a contract IT admin and I am in and out of customers businesses all day, grabbing dips in my vehicle for 5 or 10 minutes, hiding it from customers, and I am done! I have a wife, a 9 year old son, and a 4 year old daughter, and want to be there for them for as long as I can. I know it's not going to be easy and its not going to be fun, but I am committed to quitting this nasty habit.

It's been almost 24 hours since I polished off my last can. I quit!
Hey Josh, man....you sound just like I did! I dipped copenhagen straight and had been dipping for about 15 years. The sole reason I decided to quit was because I became aware that I was planning my entire days around dips. Dips that would last 10-15 minutes like you said. How sad?....
So glad to hear that you are coming to here to help with your quit! You are SO right about wanting to be there for your family, but remember, this is YOUR quit, FOR you, so that your family will benefit from YOUR quit. You will have rages, you will cuss the days, and all the above. However, just remember to not put it on any of them. Go for a run, text one of us (I'll be private messaging you soon on the website), go punch a punching bag....you get the point.
Here on Kill The Can, it is important you wake up, take a piss, and post your promise to your group. Your group is a bunch of people that are going through the same thing you are that have quit within a certain date range. If I'm reading your post correctly you took your last dip yesterday on 6/4/2019. Is that right? If so, that would put you in this group here --> https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=14277.0

Once you login to that forum for September quit group, hit refresh, find most recent roll post, hit quote (top right), post your username, how many days you have been quit, and your promise to not use nicotine for the next 24 hours. We on this site quit nicotine 24 hours at a time. If you can quit today, the days will follow, one at a time. Glad to have you here Josh!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:19:37 PM by mjplatt2009 »

Offline Ruthless

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date : 29 May 2019
  • Likes Given: 558
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »
Welcome Jhonomo.  Get over to the September group and post roll call.  We’re in the same quit group, so glad to see more folks getting in.  This site will change your life if you let it.  Im 8 days in, so let me know if you need anything to get through these first few days. 

Ruthless
Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you fail, learn why you failed and try something different!

My HoF Speech

Offline jhonomo

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
I'm a quitter.
« on: June 05, 2019, 02:51:57 PM »
Hey guys, my name is Josh, I'm 38 and have been dipping Kodiak, Copenhagen, and Grizzly Wintergreen for 22 years. I decided about two weeks ago that i am done! I am sick of this habit controlling me and planning my entire day around when I can throw in a dip. I am tired of spending hard-earned money on this stuff that is slowly killing me. I am a contract IT admin and I am in and out of customers businesses all day, grabbing dips in my vehicle for 5 or 10 minutes, hiding it from customers, and I am done! I have a wife, a 9 year old son, and a 4 year old daughter, and want to be there for them for as long as I can. I know it's not going to be easy and its not going to be fun, but I am committed to quitting this nasty habit.

It's been almost 24 hours since I polished off my last can. I quit!