Author Topic: Technically 5th Day  (Read 2784 times)

Offline natemcpherson

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-03-24
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It all started here!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 12:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Dipster
I understand. Already read that stuff. I must say that I cant promise to be able to post roll every day. Just not gonna happen Im sure. Sorry it's the way I work and watch my kid's. Will that be a problem?
You're sorry alright, and yes... that will be a problem. A HUGE fucking problem.

If you think you're the only one who's busy with work, kids, etc...then you're fucking nuts, and you're pretty much insulting every person on this site.

You want to quit? Then find THIRTY Fucking seconds each day to post role. You used to find time to stuff your cake hole full of grizzly, you sure as fuck can find time to post your promise not to use.

Your weak ass nonsense don't play here. You're not too busy to post, you just don't want to commit to doing it each day. If you cannot commit to that, then you are not committed to quitting.

I'm an expert in bullshit, Sport and this is some grade A cow dung.

Pull your fucking head out of your ass and get with the program.
Love it. Welcome Dipster. I'm really glad you found KTC. The only way it has worked for me is to post roll EVERY day and get involved on this site. I joined in March with the June group and fucked up around day 68. My problem was I only commited to Kill the Can part-way. I didn't get fully invested by using phone numbers, texting guys, etc. After a day of stupidity, I came back and just celebrated 100 days today. If I can do it you can too. There are other options for quitting chewing tobacco out there. This site is for people who are addicts and can't find success with any other option. This site is for people who are ALL IN. Take advantage of this opportunity to save your life.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »
I understand. Already read that stuff. I must say that I cant promise to be able to post roll every day. Just not gonna happen Im sure. Sorry it's the way I work and watch my kid's. Will that be a problem?
You're sorry alright, and yes... that will be a problem. A HUGE fucking problem.

If you think you're the only one who's busy with work, kids, etc...then you're fucking nuts, and you're pretty much insulting every person on this site.

You want to quit? Then find THIRTY Fucking seconds each day to post role. You used to find time to stuff your cake hole full of grizzly, you sure as fuck can find time to post your promise not to use.

Your weak ass nonsense don't play here. You're not too busy to post, you just don't want to commit to doing it each day. If you cannot commit to that, then you are not committed to quitting.

I'm an expert in bullshit, Sport and this is some grade A cow dung.

Pull your fucking head out of your ass and get with the program.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
You can't find 30 seconds each day to post roll? I find that hard to believe. Dipster you sound like a nice and sincere guy but posting roll is what this site is all about. We make a daily promise not to use tobacco, then we keep that promise for one day. That is the formula I along with thousands of others here have used to quit.
You certainly don't have to do anything, but let me ask you another thing ... why are you here? If you're using the site to strengthen your quit, I can get behind that. Sure would like you to get some people on your side, and in your corner though. Quitting solo, with little or no support is not gonna stick. There's a reason you wandered on to this site ... there's a reason why after reading a bunch you decided to post an intro. What was that reason? The difference between here and all the other people you've told "I'm quit" (you did tell everyone, right?) is that every last quitter here has gone through exactly the things you've gone through ... and will go through. Why not get people like that in your corner? Seriously Matt ... I would really like to hear those answers.

Click here for more reading material

Here too
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
You can't find 30 seconds each day to post roll? I find that hard to believe. Dipster you sound like a nice and sincere guy but posting roll is what this site is all about. We make a daily promise not to use tobacco, then we keep that promise for one day. That is the formula I along with thousands of others here have used to quit.

Offline dipster

• Quit Date: 9/15/18
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
This is a short intro. Its nice to see everyone. Well this is it. I have been off dip since Saturday. I used to smoke for 13 years in the military. Marlboro reds. I then switched to Grizzly WG one day in 2005 after 2 weeks of not smoking due to bronchitis. It hurt to inhale the smoke.

My road to quit started when my doctor that I have been seeing for my ADD prescribed Bupropion for mild depression. That was 2 months ago that I started that med.

Funny thing is that not only did the meds help me with the depression but it also made me feel like I never wanted a drink or do anything habit wise. And I've been getting sick to my stomach if I did too much dip. I heard that bupropion can do that.

Saturday morning I realized I didn't have any dip. So after a few hours I noticed that I didn't have much of an urge to dip. So I waiting for 4 hours and I started noticing a bit of the addiction/crave kicking in. Anyway to make a long story short I read a ton of stuff on this site and also watched a couple quit videos. This kept my mind off my crave. I remember quitting cigarettes was much harder. The bupropion is definitely working to keep my mind off craves. Today is day 5 and I got a big crave this morning and afternoon. I figured it might have something to do with blood sugar. I treat all my craves as if I need food. So I got some orange juice and a cookie. I seem better. Hope everyone is doing good. Matt

Welcome Matt! Let me ask you something ... are you going to get involved and post roll? Because that's what is asked of you here. Everyone needs to post roll, to promise not to use today. Here's some more reading for you (click on them, they're hyperlinks):

Welcome Center

How to post roll

November Quit Group

Based on your quit date ... your group is November. Go in there and post. This place is built on the premise of posting roll. Jump on in!

I'll quit with you today, but get on ROLL!!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline dipster

It all started here!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
This is a short intro. Its nice to see everyone. Well this is it. I have been off dip since Saturday. I used to smoke for 13 years in the military. Marlboro reds. I then switched to Grizzly WG one day in 2005 after 2 weeks of not smoking due to bronchitis. It hurt to inhale the smoke.

My road to quit started when my doctor that I have been seeing for my ADD prescribed Bupropion for mild depression. That was 2 months ago that I started that med.

Funny thing is that not only did the meds help me with the depression but it also made me feel like I never wanted a drink or do anything habit wise. And I've been getting sick to my stomach if I did too much dip. I heard that bupropion can do that.

Saturday morning I realized I didn't have any dip. So after a few hours I noticed that I didn't have much of an urge to dip. So I waiting for 4 hours and I started noticing a bit of the addiction/crave kicking in. Anyway to make a long story short I read a ton of stuff on this site and also watched a couple quit videos. This kept my mind off my crave. I remember quitting cigarettes was much harder. The bupropion is definitely working to keep my mind off craves. Today is day 5 and I got a big crave this morning and afternoon. I figured it might have something to do with blood sugar. I treat all my craves as if I need food. So I got some orange juice and a cookie. I seem better. Hope everyone is doing good. Matt

Offline Evillen

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 04/13/2018
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: Technically 5th Day
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
Hi Dipster, welcome to the club of those who have decided to quit! In regards to your question about the fog, thats different for everyone. Its subjective and the fog affects everyone differently. What I can tell you is that as time goes on, things do get better. You'll have some highs and you'll have some lows, the most important thing is to make your promise daily. Don't think about tomorrow, in a week, in a month, just think about in the moment and how you made that promise to quit for today. Post roll every day, reach out to others, get involved and you will succeed, get digits, give digits. It seems weird at first but once you get used to it, it makes a difference. A huge difference. Happy to help in any way I can!

Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint.

-Evillen
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:01:03 PM by Evillen »

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Technically 5th Day
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 01:51:04 PM »
Welcome. How long the fog lasts varies for everyone. What I can tell you is that on day 5 you are through the worst of the suck. The fog will slowly lift, and you will be back to normal over the course of the next week or so.

Go to http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?topic=52.0 your December quit group, and learn to post roll. That's our secret to remaining quit.

If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to send me a message.

Proud to quit with you.

Offline dipster

Technically 5th Day
« on: September 19, 2018, 01:37:50 PM »
Here's to Day 5. I'm glad I wasn't here to annoy everyone during days 1-4. It's not as bad as I thought because I'm actually quitting, not simply "delaying when I start back up again". How long does this fog last?