Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2834 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Hello
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Quote from: GTFAN
Quote from: bigbamadan
haha.  To hell with GA!!  Nice to meet you.  I appreciate everyones advice.  I have tested myself in these past 2 days, and I have won the battle.  The urges are almost gone completely, but the mental things/nic bitch are putting my mind to test, but I'm confident I can beat the bitch.  I feel good today boys.  Day 6.
I'm glad this GT thing has been cleared up. At first I thought he was a ghey threesome fan. :unsure:
This place must get extremely interesting during football season. Don't we play you guys in the next year or two btw?
Especially at the nude flag football game.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
Quote from: bigbamadan
haha.  To hell with GA!!  Nice to meet you.  I appreciate everyones advice.  I have tested myself in these past 2 days, and I have won the battle.  The urges are almost gone completely, but the mental things/nic bitch are putting my mind to test, but I'm confident I can beat the bitch.  I feel good today boys.  Day 6.
I'm glad this GT thing has been cleared up. At first I thought he was a ghey threesome fan. :unsure:
This place must get extremely interesting during football season. Don't we play you guys in the next year or two btw?

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
haha. To hell with GA!! Nice to meet you. I appreciate everyones advice. I have tested myself in these past 2 days, and I have won the battle. The urges are almost gone completely, but the mental things/nic bitch are putting my mind to test, but I'm confident I can beat the bitch. I feel good today boys. Day 6.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the support magnum. I'm realistic and know that I'm far from being "out of the woods", but like I said, I feel good right now, today, this minute. I pledged to quit today and nothing can take that away. Have a great day fellow quitters.
woof!

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Thanks for the support magnum. I'm realistic and know that I'm far from being "out of the woods", but like I said, I feel good right now, today, this minute. I pledged to quit today and nothing can take that away. Have a great day fellow quitters.

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
I feel great today guys. My last dip was exactly a week ago. Someone else put it best: "be addicted to quitting". I know I'm early on in my quit, but I can't help but be excited about beating the bitch.
Hey GTfan. I remember my one week mark. I was a great achievement. Congrats on getting there. Lot more to come.

Remember though, we never really beat her. She will always be there. You will have many more opportunities to give her the 'Finger', so be ready for them.

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
I feel great today guys. My last dip was exactly a week ago. Someone else put it best: "be addicted to quitting". I know I'm early on in my quit, but I can't help but be excited about beating the bitch.

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
Sounds like you got the right attitude GTFAN.

At some point in your quit it will dawn on you that the confidence you have to beat the bitch is really just a decision you make. You will be confident because you made the decision to not use for that day... period. So nothing that happens will break that quit.

When you get to that point is when you will not say that you are "testing" yourself. Really, it should be more like saying, "I felt like facing the nic bitch again because I love to kick her ass". At least that is how I feel now.

I have no problems being around people that dip or situations where I know I will crave. If I crave it is nice because I get to beat her ass again. That might just be my mental way of dealing with it but hey, it works for me.

Be careful, but more important... make the decision every day when you wake up that you are quit for that day. No luck involved and no trying to quit. Simply be quit. If you do this you will not cave and you will never use the shit again. But the decision must be final every day.

Way to go!

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
haha. To hell with GA!! Nice to meet you. I appreciate everyones advice. I have tested myself in these past 2 days, and I have won the battle. The urges are almost gone completely, but the mental things/nic bitch are putting my mind to test, but I'm confident I can beat the bitch. I feel good today boys. Day 6.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
Glad you are here GT. Take it one day at a time and things will sort out. It is amazing how you can stack up a bunch of days by quitting 1 day at a time. You will know when to hang out friends. In fact, you may become a inspiration to friends that are dipping that wish to quit. Let me know if I can help.

GT alumnus. Live in Savannah, GA. THWG 'Finger' :)

Offline nomosko

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: magnum9
Since I am in just my first week of quit, I have pretty much hunkered down at the house.  I have turned everyone down to go "grab a beer" after work.  I haven't been to my best friend/neighbors house all week bc I am so used to walking in and putting one in as I sit on the couch.  I am not going with all my buddies up to the river today to drink beer and ride around in the boat until dark.  I have done all the right things to stay away from dip this week, but when do I get my life back?  When do I get to go grab that beer after work and start hanging out with my bros again?  I know it's my descision to quit and I shouldn't feel so damn sorry for myself, but I woke this morning with a little bit of depression, thiniking that all bc this stupid f*king dip I can't have fun this weekend?  Thanks for letting me vent my feelings fellas.
Hey GTFan,

Congrats on the great decision to quit.

Let me just throw this one out there for you to ponder...

How many beers or time will you get to spend with the "boys" when you are getting chemo and have a tube down your throat from the cancer?

Start thinking about this small amount of time as an investment in your future. Just like an IRA or retirement plan but it doesn't take nearly as long to get the benefits.

You don't have to have a time frame at all. I actually went a little against the grain on this issue because in the first couple weeks I tried to find every single trigger I could.

I went to the bar on day 3 (had only a few, not sloshed), went fishing, hung out with buddies that dipped, and anything I could find. To me, every single chance I got to beat the crap out of the nic bitch was a welcome opportunity. Right now it is 109 to 0 in favor of me. But of course I took role call and my word as the most important things I have done for 109 days.

You will know when your ready for situations. But I also do not suggest that you should shy away from all of them. You MUST beat every trigger every time to stay quit. So you need to choose when you feel like going a round with the nic bitch. Just make sure you win the round. After all it is a choice, she doesn't even swing back, you just get to beat the crap out of her.
I understand your concern about getting your life back. That being said, I think you are smart to avoid triggers early on in your quit. The more you get invested in your quit the easier it will be to stay quit when you put yourself in tough situations. At 120 days there are still some things that are tough for me. Convenience stores still make me go a little crazy. A soda is not worth seeing my poison. Stay strong in your quit.
Never give up!!!
Quit, Quit, Quit
Quit Date 2/6/11
HOF 5/16/11
2nd floor 8/24/11
3rd floor 12/2/11
1 Year 2/5/12
4th floor 3/11/12
5th floor 6/19/12
6th floor 9/27/12
7th floor 1/5/13
2 Years 2/5/13
8th floor 4/15/13
9th floor 7/25/13
COMMA 11/1/13
3 Years 2/5/14
11th floor 2/9/14

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Since I am in just my first week of quit, I have pretty much hunkered down at the house. I have turned everyone down to go "grab a beer" after work. I haven't been to my best friend/neighbors house all week bc I am so used to walking in and putting one in as I sit on the couch. I am not going with all my buddies up to the river today to drink beer and ride around in the boat until dark. I have done all the right things to stay away from dip this week, but when do I get my life back? When do I get to go grab that beer after work and start hanging out with my bros again? I know it's my descision to quit and I shouldn't feel so damn sorry for myself, but I woke this morning with a little bit of depression, thiniking that all bc this stupid f*king dip I can't have fun this weekend? Thanks for letting me vent my feelings fellas.
Hey GTFan,

Congrats on the great decision to quit.

Let me just throw this one out there for you to ponder...

How many beers or time will you get to spend with the "boys" when you are getting chemo and have a tube down your throat from the cancer?

Start thinking about this small amount of time as an investment in your future. Just like an IRA or retirement plan but it doesn't take nearly as long to get the benefits.

You don't have to have a time frame at all. I actually went a little against the grain on this issue because in the first couple weeks I tried to find every single trigger I could.

I went to the bar on day 3 (had only a few, not sloshed), went fishing, hung out with buddies that dipped, and anything I could find. To me, every single chance I got to beat the crap out of the nic bitch was a welcome opportunity. Right now it is 109 to 0 in favor of me. But of course I took role call and my word as the most important things I have done for 109 days.

You will know when your ready for situations. But I also do not suggest that you should shy away from all of them. You MUST beat every trigger every time to stay quit. So you need to choose when you feel like going a round with the nic bitch. Just make sure you win the round. After all it is a choice, she doesn't even swing back, you just get to beat the crap out of her.

Offline amgdenney

• Quit Pro
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: redtrain14
However, let me throw this at you.  You have made the decision to quit, you are done, finished and have posted roll call for the day.  No amount of beer or peer pressure can make you reverse that decision.  I'm not saying go get hammered, I just want you to think about the power of choice.

Congrats on your decision.
That's it for me. I've been out with the boys three or four times already... I'm not cocky in my quit, but I know that I'm quit, period. Three guys in my office dip during work... No big deal for me. Trust me, I'm not saying that this quit is easy, but I know that no one could make me take a dip right now. (I'm also not getting super wasted). I think it also helps that I was a closet dipper, so the memorial day party wasn't a trigger for me (despite others dipping) because I never would have dipped then anyway. I did kill a bag of seeds later on though!

You will know when your quit is strong enough to resist temptations. Also, tell the boys you're quit. I had one friend jokingly hand me a tin, only to have three (better) friends swoop in and start intervening eeven though I was good.

Good luck and let me know how I can help you.

Thanks for making my quit stronger today! Proud to be quit with you!
Thanks for the post. This site and posting role is the biggest thing. I know for a fact that I am quit for today. That's some good info. Most of my dipping buddies no I quit and are being pretty supportive, but at the same time, we all haven't been out together to grab some beers and so on. I feel completely quit at this moment, but the nic bitch hits me in the face every so often and tries to get me to pull in the the kangaroo mart for one last dip. My minds a little bit screwed up right now. Thanks to all you guys. This place is such a help.
You need to get some numbers from people, when you do go out again, you will be tempted, call them, let them talk you down. It is a sucky process, the first time I went out with the girls, the DD not only had to carry our drunk asses around, she had to ensure I was never ever ever allowed near a cigarette or anyone who was smoking, to "accidentally" take a drag. Be careful with the drinking early on, you do not want to go through day 1 again.

M.

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
However, let me throw this at you.  You have made the decision to quit, you are done, finished and have posted roll call for the day.  No amount of beer or peer pressure can make you reverse that decision.  I'm not saying go get hammered, I just want you to think about the power of choice.

That's it for me. I've been out with the boys three or four times already... I'm not cocky in my quit, but I know that I'm quit, period. Three guys in my office dip during work... No big deal for me. Trust me, I'm not saying that this quit is easy, but I know that no one could make me take a dip right now. (I'm also not getting super wasted). I think it also helps that I was a closet dipper, so the memorial day party wasn't a trigger for me (despite others dipping) because I never would have dipped then anyway. I did kill a bag of seeds later on though!

You will know when your quit is strong enough to resist temptations. Also, tell the boys you're quit. I had one friend jokingly hand me a tin, only to have three (better) friends swoop in and start intervening eeven though I was good.

Thanks for the post. This site and posting role is the biggest thing. I know for a fact that I am quit for today. That's some good info. Most of my dipping buddies no I quit and are being pretty supportive, but at the same time, we all haven't been out together to grab some beers and so on. I feel completely quit at this moment, but the nic bitch hits me in the face every so often and tries to get me to pull in the the kangaroo mart for one last dip. My minds a little bit screwed up right now. Thanks to all you guys. This place is such a help.

Offline bman50317

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »

No doubt. Let the others know you are quitting. They don't have to quit, but ask that they respect you and your quit. You will know when it is time to go with friends.

I went the other way when I quit, beer and coffee helped take off the edge for me. I also still continue to go out, but I was careful of my surroundings and I also tried not to put myself in bad situations. One day you will have to face these triggers, but do it at your own pace. Also, if you are really worred about it, take a can of the fake shit with you.

Take it easy man and enjoy the quite time!
Time heals but I'm forever broken