Author Topic: Day 1: Here we fucking go  (Read 5497 times)

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Computer gaming, music, mechanics, music, music, music...staying quit
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: Day 1: Here we fucking go
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 04:22:00 AM »
I would just like to update this.

Today is day 30, and I feel amazing. I've had some really hard days, and know that I have more to come in the future, but every time I get to post roll, and add another day, I am motivated.

This website is the most amazing place in the world. If it's any consolation to anyone, it does get easier, but for the hard days, there is a huge community here to support you. Not one of these guys would ever turn down a chance to help someone having a hard or even an easy day.

There is no way I would ever let myself or anyone in these forums down by breaking my quit.

Long story short, I don't think I've ever quit for more than 2 days until now. It is possible, but you have to have that accountability and support. Make the decision now to help yourself. 30 days in, and I'm looking forward to 30 more!

Any new or old quitters, hit me up in PM, I'm glad to share my number and be there for anyone that needs a kick in the ass.
Quit day: 9/23/16   HOF day: 12/31/16   2nd Floor: 4/10/17   3rd Floor: 7/19/17   1 Year: 9/23/17   4th Floor: 10/27/17   5th Floor: 2/4/18   6th Floor: 5/15/18   7th Floor: 8/23/18   2 Years: 09/23/18

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 02:40:00 PM »
Nice job lending support to January. Continue to be involved and spread you quit around. The farther and deeper your quit reaches, the less chance you will fail because you will be letting down not just yourself, but all those others that you have supported or that have supported you.

Keep it up Gas, you've got a great start.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 12:55:00 PM »
Quote from: backwoods901
Quote from: Gashauler502
So here I am unloading my truck at a gas station in Louisville, my mind is all over the place, mostly lusting over new guitars on my phone. I check to see what time it is, because tgis is my last load, and I want to go home and either play my guitar, or video games or something. Really just not be at work. When I checked the time, it was 12:05, and my thoughts were "Awesome, 24 hours...HOLY FUCK I'VE GONE 24 HOURS AND 4 MINUTES WITHOUT A DIP!!!!"
That's awesome bro!!!! It's the little wins that help your stay quit always one damn day at a time
For sure one day at a time is the way. Posting roll and giving your word is where accountability begins. You have a lot of kick ass quitters in your intro giving advice. They all have one thing in common.
They are true to their word when they post their day and promise to not use nicotine. Glad to quit with you today.

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »
So here I am unloading my truck at a gas station in Louisville, my mind is all over the place, mostly lusting over new guitars on my phone. I check to see what time it is, because tgis is my last load, and I want to go home and either play my guitar, or video games or something. Really just not be at work. When I checked the time, it was 12:05, and my thoughts were "Awesome, 24 hours...HOLY FUCK I'VE GONE 24 HOURS AND 4 MINUTES WITHOUT A DIP!!!!"
That's awesome bro!!!! It's the little wins that help your stay quit always one damn day at a time
9/6/2016

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Computer gaming, music, mechanics, music, music, music...staying quit
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »
Quit day: 9/23/16   HOF day: 12/31/16   2nd Floor: 4/10/17   3rd Floor: 7/19/17   1 Year: 9/23/17   4th Floor: 10/27/17   5th Floor: 2/4/18   6th Floor: 5/15/18   7th Floor: 8/23/18   2 Years: 09/23/18

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 01:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Sooner87
Welcome to freedom. Lurk and scour, and then lurk and scour some more. Put anything in your lip but the trash of Nicotine. I still chew on raw ginger. It's gotten me to day 95. I quit with you today.

Register on this site and find your quit group. If you do it now you would be in the December 2016 (topic/11758795/145/#new) group and its pretty cool that you can still make a commitment to hit 100 days in 2016!

Watch this video here (http://blog.killthecan.org/2015/03/how- ... org-video/) to learn how to post roll daily from a pc.
Done and done. Did roll call right before I wrote this introduction.

Raw ginger? Sounds like something that's worth trying. Thanks for the idea!
Grinds pouches are nothing more than ground coffee with a pouch around it. Find yourself a bucket of Folgers (or something better) and keep it in your truck. I've dipped coffee grounds a few times and it helps with that lip fixation and tastes way better than dip too.

Seems like you're ready to make a change and this site and the people on it can get you there. Keep reading everything you can and keep that shit out of your lip. It'll suck til it doesn't, but when it doesn't any more, you will never regret it.
I like flavored toothpicks as well. The kind I buy is tea tree therapy, cinnamon or mint.
I would just have a lot of different options available and when you used to chew while waiting replace that with something else. And if possible something positive like exercise. Get a grip strengthener, reduces blood pressure and calms you down and nothing like shaking someones hand like the worlds strongest man
ID SPuds

PS, message me if you need anything
Hah...funny you mention that, I've sat and played my Les Paul since I stopped working tonight. Something ii live to take my mind off of something I want to hate. It's worked, too
Develop that hatred. It's not just the health benefits you will be reaping. You are gaining your freedom back. You were enslaved by nicotine for far too long. You have the opportunity and the tools to be free from the chains of that addiction. You're right, it's miserable at first, but bottle that misery up because you never want to forget what it's like to be a driveling, withdrawing, pathetic addict. If you never forget, you'll never go back to the poison that did that to you.

Good start. Do whatever it takes to keep nic out of your mouth today. Get up and do it again tomorrow. It'll get easier, I promise you that.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Idaho
Welcome to freedom. Lurk and scour, and then lurk and scour some more. Put anything in your lip but the trash of Nicotine. I still chew on raw ginger. It's gotten me to day 95. I quit with you today.

Register on this site and find your quit group. If you do it now you would be in the December 2016 (topic/11758795/145/#new) group and its pretty cool that you can still make a commitment to hit 100 days in 2016!

Watch this video here (http://blog.killthecan.org/2015/03/how- ... org-video/) to learn how to post roll daily from a pc.

Grinds pouches are nothing more than ground coffee with a pouch around it. Find yourself a bucket of Folgers (or something better) and keep it in your truck. I've dipped coffee grounds a few times and it helps with that lip fixation and tastes way better than dip too.

Seems like you're ready to make a change and this site and the people on it can get you there. Keep reading everything you can and keep that shit out of your lip. It'll suck til it doesn't, but when it doesn't any more, you will never regret it.
I like flavored toothpicks as well. The kind I buy is tea tree therapy, cinnamon or mint.
I would just have a lot of different options available and when you used to chew while waiting replace that with something else. And if possible something positive like exercise. Get a grip strengthener, reduces blood pressure and calms you down and nothing like shaking someones hand like the worlds strongest man
ID SPuds

Hah...funny you mention that, I've sat and played my Les Paul since I stopped working tonight. Something ii live to take my mind off of something I want to hate. It's worked, too

Offline Sooner87

• Quitter
  • Boomer!
  • Quit Date: 6.20.2016
  • Interests: Family, Hiking, Basketball, Track and Field, anything Sooner related.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »

Man, I'm miserable right now, but not regretting it for a second. I know this isn't going to be easy, I'm only 12 hours in and it sucks, but I know the health benefits, and the knowledge that I made this my bitch will make it all worth it.

This forum is amazing, I've never seen anything like it.
Never forget the promise that you made/make every day. That promise kept me from buying another can. It's pretty damn powerful. The integrity card....hold on to it!

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 11:53:00 AM »

Man, I'm miserable right now, but not regretting it for a second. I know this isn't going to be easy, I'm only 12 hours in and it sucks, but I know the health benefits, and the knowledge that I made this my bitch will make it all worth it.

This forum is amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »

ID SPuds

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »

Yep, and it's healthy for you. Takes care of the oral fixation. Also, if that doesn't work, go find a drawer about waste high, open drawer, insert ball sack, slam drawer. You won't think about chewing after that for a while.
Fuck that! I'll try the ginger. Lol

Offline BNola

• Quit Date: 2016-09-18
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 11:44:00 AM »

six days ago I came down with a wicked chest cold. I came across this site and read the words "man up, cold turkey is the only way to do it". I flushed what dip I had left and quit.

It has been difficult. I seriously went bonkers for the first 4 days. I'm sure the cold meds added to it but I've been out of my head. Cold sweats, cravings, irritability, sleeplessness, etc.

The worse my conditions are the better because I want to remember exactly how shitty I have felt for the past five days. Every time I get a craving I think is it worth 5 days of misery?

Use the shitty feeling you're feeling right now to convince yourself a dip ain't worth it.

Offline Sooner87

• Quitter
  • Boomer!
  • Quit Date: 6.20.2016
  • Interests: Family, Hiking, Basketball, Track and Field, anything Sooner related.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 11:43:00 AM »

Yep, and it's healthy for you. Takes care of the oral fixation. Also, if that doesn't work, go find a drawer about waste high, open drawer, insert ball sack, slam drawer. You won't think about chewing after that for a while.

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 11:40:00 AM »