Author Topic: CC268 the trifecta of idiocy  (Read 13155 times)

Offline CC268

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: CC268 the trifecta of idiocy
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Feeling pretty down today, but almost got Day 1 over with...

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »
What was the date of your cave so I can update our Spreadsheet? Thanks for stopping by! ;)

Edit... Here is your Quit Group

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
Quote from: NoMoreCopeBlack
Quote from: CC268
Quote from: razd611
Can you be stronger than your desire to use nicotine? I don't know..
That right there tells me all I need to know.

Your ass will fail again if this is what you really feel.

Get your head on straight, your attitude right and stop fuking around!!!
Woah Woah Woah...I never said " I don't know if I can be stronger than my desire to use nicotine"???
and the follow through...?

If you didn't say that, what do you say now?

Don't miss an opportunity to state that you are quit.
single/?p=8773825t=10849827
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline NoMoreCopeBlack

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »

Woah Woah Woah...I never said " I don't know if I can be stronger than my desire to use nicotine"???
and the follow through...?

If you didn't say that, what do you say now?

Don't miss an opportunity to state that you are quit.

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »

Woah Woah Woah...I never said " I don't know if I can be stronger than my desire to use nicotine"??? That was quoted from someone else's quote.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #203 on: December 23, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »

I doubt he is even real. This can't be real. This level of lack of understanding. I smell troll. He probably is a dip can collector wih a giant wall of tins in his mom's basement. This website for him is just a way to have a little fun. That to me is the only explanation for a 4 time Ktc caver. Either that or just dumber than a box of rocks.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »

Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
Not sure why my name came up as one that you disappointed. I guess I must have conversed with you or in the early days said something in our group to make you think that. Oh yeah, by the way I hate cavers!!!! Maybe that's it!!!

Here is what I think:

1. Don't ever stop posting roll every damn day. Think of it as your quit. Not something you have to do to stay quit. Make it the first thing you do, and do it in as many groups as you can stand every damn day!!!

2. Don't be forgotten. Find somebody to support, and let them know you are thinking about them in their quit. Stay on the minds of other quitters either in your group, their group, text group, or any other outlet to communicate with other quitters out there. If you make yourself forgotten your are as good as caved!

3. Never forget what you are. Plain and simple... an addict that thinks they need something to make life better for them. I used nicotine to get out of all kinds of situations before and to "enhance" my life. I also abused alcohol to get my way or to be the person I thought I deserved to be drunk. When I quit skoal it took me a while but then I quit drinking so much alcohol after about 90 days of quitting skoal. I am not saying I am a better person(and believe me I'm not) than anyone still struggling with these things, but just to say that my mind changed... over time.... but I had to stay with it....

4. Remember where you are. We are all hiding behind keyboards. I have contacted some people via phone but that has been a rarity. You have to do what you can to get through to the quitters here without being a prick. You also have to think about what you say to people before you type it and send.... Be fucking fair because no matter what you think, you are no better than anybody else here.

I hope you can make this stick this time. It sounds like you will have a long hard road ahead of you.
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Frazzled
Let me get this straight...

In your first group, you had about 180 days, but yet you only have 173 posts, including the one in this Intro. And you shit on them. Then you went for another 2 weeks in another group, and you shit on them.

Have I got this right? And, you said you were always true to your word when you posted. If you didn't post every damn day, where you unfaithful when you didn't post?

So basically, you are a liar, a cheater, someone who actually drops name in an intro that is 2 years too late, and you want us to feel sorry for you? Have you leaned nothing from this site along your journey?

You want to quit, fine. But you are going to have to come up with better answers than the drivel you just spewed out. Go back to your previous groups, and tell them what you've done. Then go into a new group and tell people how not to be like you. Then study your point #4 and actually get this shit down so you live it and breathe it.

So, you know the drill...give us something that actually means something instead of a pile of puke on the floor.
I was indeed unfaithful when I stopped posting roll completely. I was NOT however unfaithful when posting roll, or even if I missed a day. It was when I completely stopped posting that I became unfaithful. I'm not excusing my unfaithfulness and not posting roll but I did not immediately start dipping when I stopped posting roll. It took me about 2 months before I started up again. I should have jumped back onto roll and corrected that and stayed quit.

I plan on using the resources of KTC and I would like to join another text group.
Well here's the deal. Text groups are great, but we post ROLL here every day, on the board, as our decision to quit. That is the price of admittance to the freak show, or in your case, the price of re-re-admittance. Right now, your words aren't making it through, friend. And as a two-time retread, you're not hlping with how you are approaching this. "I got high and mighty"? "I let my guard down"? Please take a look closer...

What really happened? Why did it happen?

When you answer those two questions, come back to the third. You will find the answer amazingly obvious.
I know that posting ROLL is what is done. However, ALONG with roll is other resources of KTC such as the chat, text groups, etc...these things do help!

What really happened?
I STOPPED posting roll and began to use on and off when I was around a friend of mine who smokes (I would dip). This soon turned into dipping on a daily basis.

Why did it happen?
I was tempted by my friend and I knew that I hadn't been posting roll for a while. I became unfaithful to the "quit"/"stoppage" and did not stick to my word.

I need to post roll and honor my word!

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57

In your first group, you had about 180 days, but yet you only have 173 posts, including the one in this Intro. And you shit on them. Then you went for another 2 weeks in another group, and you shit on them.

Have I got this right? And, you said you were always true to your word when you posted. If you didn't post every damn day, where you unfaithful when you didn't post?

So basically, you are a liar, a cheater, someone who actually drops name in an intro that is 2 years too late, and you want us to feel sorry for you? Have you leaned nothing from this site along your journey?

You want to quit, fine. But you are going to have to come up with better answers than the drivel you just spewed out. Go back to your previous groups, and tell them what you've done. Then go into a new group and tell people how not to be like you. Then study your point #4 and actually get this shit down so you live it and breathe it.

So, you know the drill...give us something that actually means something instead of a pile of puke on the floor.

I was indeed unfaithful when I stopped posting roll completely. I was NOT however unfaithful when posting roll, or even if I missed a day. It was when I completely stopped posting that I became unfaithful. I'm not excusing my unfaithfulness and not posting roll but I did not immediately start dipping when I stopped posting roll. It took me about 2 months before I started up again. I should have jumped back onto roll and corrected that and stayed quit.

I plan on using the resources of KTC and I would like to join another text group.
My point of view is that I post roll and attend weekly addiction recovery meetings because I want to be quit! My wife was a huge support for me early on but then she drifted as a constant support. Why did she fade? She doesn't understand the power of this addiction. After 40 years of trying to quit and failing I've learn about myself and my inability to stay away from nicotine on my own, that's why I still post roll. I am still pestered by the bitch if I let my guard down.
There is a lesson for not only CC in this string of failures but a very valuable lesson for everyone, nicotine addiction is a bitch and lasts forever. The longer I'm here the more I realize these truths. Some of us are slow learners, CC you're obviously one of us. I will say that someone that finds KTC and understands the plan and their weakness to nicotine, should be equipped to battle the bitch. Those that cave should even understand it better, after a second cave? 'Crazy'
For me I will do what I need to do to avoid another failure in my fight against this addiction. I believe that anyone can quit once they are committed and understand what is required. CC you are the only one that can know if you are truly there, obviously you haven't been there before now.
Well said I will make sure to follow this advice and post roll every day. I will build upon my mistakes of the past and make sure to use all the resources of KTC!

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2014, 08:21:00 AM »

Well here's the deal. Text groups are great, but we post ROLL here every day, on the board, as our decision to quit. That is the price of admittance to the freak show, or in your case, the price of re-re-admittance. Right now, your words aren't making it through, friend. And as a two-time retread, you're not hlping with how you are approaching this. "I got high and mighty"? "I let my guard down"? Please take a look closer...

What really happened? Why did it happen?

When you answer those two questions, come back to the third. You will find the answer amazingly obvious.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2014, 08:19:00 AM »
Quote from: grizz
What is causing you to be so dishonorable? I think you should identify, pinpoint, and then obliterate the reason for your multiple KTC caves. Only you know the reason. Are you an honorable person or not? If you are not honorable, can you change? I have no idea, but I do know that your multiple stoppages smell like pure hot wet runny dog shit at this point.
The problem is I have not been consistent with my posting roll. I was in the first group, but like I said, after about 180 days I stopped posting. This is when things went down hill. The second group I was very inconsistent with my posting and things quickly went downhill again. Like I stated in my post, posting roll is where I became dishonorable and that is where I need to stay on the ball. I know that I am an honorable person, but I have to stick with this program and not bail on it after so many days. The texting group that I was in was very good and allowed me to stay consistent with roll, but I got out of the group. When I post roll and become an active member I stay very true to my word.
Grizz is not asking you regurgitate the same weak sauce again. WHY did you stop posting roll? You knew posting roll was necessary, and you chose to stop doing that again. I believe your first and second, or whatever the hell you are up to now cave was a conscious decision. You knew what you were doing and you didn't give a shit. You need to dig really deep and lay out why in the fuck anyone here should believe you ever again.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2014, 12:23:00 AM »

My point of view is that I post roll and attend weekly addiction recovery meetings because I want to be quit! My wife was a huge support for me early on but then she drifted as a constant support. Why did she fade? She doesn't understand the power of this addiction. After 40 years of trying to quit and failing I've learn about myself and my inability to stay away from nicotine on my own, that's why I still post roll. I am still pestered by the bitch if I let my guard down.
There is a lesson for not only CC in this string of failures but a very valuable lesson for everyone, nicotine addiction is a bitch and lasts forever. The longer I'm here the more I realize these truths. Some of us are slow learners, CC you're obviously one of us. I will say that someone that finds KTC and understands the plan and their weakness to nicotine, should be equipped to battle the bitch. Those that cave should even understand it better, after a second cave? 'Crazy'
For me I will do what I need to do to avoid another failure in my fight against this addiction. I believe that anyone can quit once they are committed and understand what is required. CC you are the only one that can know if you are truly there, obviously you haven't been there before now.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #195 on: December 22, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »

Offline CC268

• Quitter
« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »
The words from your prior cave still ring in my ears.. That your buddy offered you some and said no one likes a quitter and thats the story.. Its a shitty story, but thats the story..

I see a lot of guys come and go.. And I like you CC, but I am feeling pretty disappointed right now..

Just because you didn't post didn't mean that all that time we spent in chat together didn't mean anything, its a shitty excuse really. I mean, based on results I guess the time we've spent talking didn't mean anything.. How could it have.. Did the bond you were breaking cross your mind when you were stuffing your lip? Did it matter to you? Do you ever think of the fact that you would be over 400 days quit now had you not chosen to cave 3 times? Lets not forget smoking while going cycling in the dunes.. Do you think how you would feel as a person if you did have 400 days under your belt? Was it worth it?

Whether anyone here believes in you or not.. I think its time to start walking the walk.. Its time to be honest with yourself about why you hold yourself to such a low standard.. Its time to make things right... So do it..

I thought about stopping by in the chat many times as I actually thought about the many talks we had. Although you weren't in my quit group you were the friend who stood out most on here due to our talks and sometimes amusing chats. It is very unfortunate that I could be at 400 days, and I really threw away my first quit at 180 days. I was on the high road at the point and I threw it away.

I believe I can make a strong quit, especially with seeing and realizing the mistakes I have made along the way. I plan on posting roll bright and early tomorrow.[/quote]