Author Topic: Addiction & lies  (Read 8389 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Addiction & lies
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »
We are all addicts and many of us relate with being lying scum. I lied to my wife longer than you've been alive. One thing I can say, I posted roll every day for 1 year and most days after reaching 1 year and once my name is in that roll I've never gon back on that word. I can look my wife in the eyes now and not worry about the question she might ask. I don't have to lie.
I think you answered the questions but please explain to your previous group or groups. Remember this is no place for lying.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: Addiction & lies
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Quote from: scottmacek
Dear Community,

Today I have decided to quit chewing tobacco -- day 1. Before I can simply post roll, I need to give you a little information about me and my addiction/problem/dark secret. This is not the first time I have tried to quit by joining this community. I have been unable to quit here on numerous occasions. The problem is not anything about this community, it is myself. I am a liar, an asshole, a jerk, a person who is unable to look themselves in the mirror and tell the complete truth. I have been unable to be true to myself and honestly come to grips with the fact that I am 100% to-the-bone an addict. Always have been and always will be. I have been unable to sustain a quit for more than 5 months. While I can quit on my own for awhile, I cannot stay quit. Today I am here to change this once and for all.

There are two big reasons that I want to quit forever. First, I feel that I am 150 times a better person when I am not chewing. I am happier, have more confidence, more energy, like talking to people, and generally enjoy life alot more. There is nothing shittier than feeling like a slave to my addiction. While other people go on with there day-to-day life, problems, and everything else, my mind is on the next chew. When can I get it? When will I have it? And there is no rhyme or reason to why I need a chew, but I need to do it anyways. My chew of choice has been copenhagen pouches because the shit doesn't get in my teeth. Maybe I tell myself that it is a cleaner form of chew, but I know deep down -- shit in your mouth is shit in your mouth!

I also want to quit because I HATE that I am a downright LIAR to my wife. She knows about my problem, but I have lied to her about not chewing more times than I can remember or count. It really sucks that I cannot be truthful about my addiction to the most important person in my life. I guess the reason is that I am lying to myself and cannot confront my addiction. While this quit is for me and cannot be for her, I want to be able to be honest with her. I am an addict. Every day is a challenge that I must be willing to meet. And that I have done nothing to deserve her trust and love because I cannot look her (or anyone else) in the face and be truthful.

I want to change this. I want to be an addict that does not chew rather than an addict that does. It's really that simple.

Actually, I know its not that simple. If it was, I wouldn't need the support of this group and could just do it on my one. However, that is IMPOSSIBLE for me. I know this because I've tried to promise myself with no accountability to this community or anyone else. What happens is I cave...and cave...and cave again.

Joining this group and simply posting every day will not work for me. I know that for me to stay quit, I must also quit drinking alcohol for the time being. I'm not going to lie and say that I'm going to quit drinking alcohol forever because that would be a lie -- and I need to change that. So, for the next 50 days, my promise every morning will be two-fold: (1) I promise to quit chew, and (2) promise not to drink alcohol. After that, my promise will be a daily promise not to chew. (I am getting ahead of myself because all I can do is make a daily promise, I cannot make a promise for the next day because I need to do that when I wake up that morning.)

This is my addiction in a nutshell. I do not expect anyone to put stock into my quit and do not expect any support because I have cheated this community too many times to deserve any support. I do not intend to infect this community, I just want to be a quitter of chew, nothing more, nothing less. As for my addiction, I am now 31 and have been chewing since I was 21. I now want to be an addict that can look my wife in the face and honestly tell her "No" when she inevitable asks if I've been chewing. More importantly, I want to look myself in the face and feel proud that I am not chewing even though I am an addict. I need to be with people who share my problem. You understand who I am...maybe even better than I understand myself.

So today is day one. Tomorrow is not promised. But this group deserves to know about my addiction if I can honestly post roll that I quit, I won't chew today, I will be strong, and MEAN that I will not chew.
I won't put in much, I will leave that to the guys that knew you last time you were here. I wouldn't hesitate to go post roll though. I would do that before making an intro.

1.) What happened???

2.) Why did it happen???

3.) What will you do different this time???

I would go check in with your old group as well and answer those questions for them.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline scottmacek

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Addiction & lies
« on: May 19, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »
Dear Community,

Today I have decided to quit chewing tobacco -- day 1. Before I can simply post roll, I need to give you a little information about me and my addiction/problem/dark secret. This is not the first time I have tried to quit by joining this community. I have been unable to quit here on numerous occasions. The problem is not anything about this community, it is myself. I am a liar, an asshole, a jerk, a person who is unable to look themselves in the mirror and tell the complete truth. I have been unable to be true to myself and honestly come to grips with the fact that I am 100% to-the-bone an addict. Always have been and always will be. I have been unable to sustain a quit for more than 5 months. While I can quit on my own for awhile, I cannot stay quit. Today I am here to change this once and for all.

There are two big reasons that I want to quit forever. First, I feel that I am 150 times a better person when I am not chewing. I am happier, have more confidence, more energy, like talking to people, and generally enjoy life alot more. There is nothing shittier than feeling like a slave to my addiction. While other people go on with there day-to-day life, problems, and everything else, my mind is on the next chew. When can I get it? When will I have it? And there is no rhyme or reason to why I need a chew, but I need to do it anyways. My chew of choice has been copenhagen pouches because the shit doesn't get in my teeth. Maybe I tell myself that it is a cleaner form of chew, but I know deep down -- shit in your mouth is shit in your mouth!

I also want to quit because I HATE that I am a downright LIAR to my wife. She knows about my problem, but I have lied to her about not chewing more times than I can remember or count. It really sucks that I cannot be truthful about my addiction to the most important person in my life. I guess the reason is that I am lying to myself and cannot confront my addiction. While this quit is for me and cannot be for her, I want to be able to be honest with her. I am an addict. Every day is a challenge that I must be willing to meet. And that I have done nothing to deserve her trust and love because I cannot look her (or anyone else) in the face and be truthful.

I want to change this. I want to be an addict that does not chew rather than an addict that does. It's really that simple.

Actually, I know its not that simple. If it was, I wouldn't need the support of this group and could just do it on my one. However, that is IMPOSSIBLE for me. I know this because I've tried to promise myself with no accountability to this community or anyone else. What happens is I cave...and cave...and cave again.

Joining this group and simply posting every day will not work for me. I know that for me to stay quit, I must also quit drinking alcohol for the time being. I'm not going to lie and say that I'm going to quit drinking alcohol forever because that would be a lie -- and I need to change that. So, for the next 50 days, my promise every morning will be two-fold: (1) I promise to quit chew, and (2) promise not to drink alcohol. After that, my promise will be a daily promise not to chew. (I am getting ahead of myself because all I can do is make a daily promise, I cannot make a promise for the next day because I need to do that when I wake up that morning.)

This is my addiction in a nutshell. I do not expect anyone to put stock into my quit and do not expect any support because I have cheated this community too many times to deserve any support. I do not intend to infect this community, I just want to be a quitter of chew, nothing more, nothing less. As for my addiction, I am now 31 and have been chewing since I was 21. I now want to be an addict that can look my wife in the face and honestly tell her "No" when she inevitable asks if I've been chewing. More importantly, I want to look myself in the face and feel proud that I am not chewing even though I am an addict. I need to be with people who share my problem. You understand who I am...maybe even better than I understand myself.

So today is day one. Tomorrow is not promised. But this group deserves to know about my addiction if I can honestly post roll that I quit, I won't chew today, I will be strong, and MEAN that I will not chew.
?You are not a failure until you start blaming others for your mistakes?

-- John Wooden