Author Topic: Day 7  (Read 4194 times)

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 7
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Had a pretty crappy day....ran into a high school friend today who I knew was dealing with his father dying from cancer. Well he explained to me today that his father had past last month after a "Violent" battle with throat cancer.The doctors called it thyroid cancer but Mitch told me his dad chewed "No Less than 2 cans a day of Cope for as long as he can remember". Mitch explained to me that all the doctors could do is pump his dad full of pain killers to try and take the edge off. I can not explain the look in my friends eyes as he described the pain he knew his dad was feeling and going through. I felt so terrible to know he had past and to hear the pain the family had watched him go through.Today was awful but it also just makes me hate "The Bitch" that much more. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. QLFEDD!!!!!!!!!!
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 11:53:00 PM »
200 feels good but I need and want more. Not ready yet to write my HOF speech because I feel like I would be taking a short cut. I want this quit as much today as on day 1-199. Thank you KTC and all my brothers for helping and supporting me on this road Albeit a short on e so far. ODAAT NAFAR QLFEDD .....need I say more

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 09:45:00 AM »
200 looks good on you Brother!

Congrats!

Miles - +1 with you today
I quit with with you all!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 01:33:00 AM »
Congrats on 200 my brutha!

I can't thank you enough for the example you set. Rock on bro...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: jaynellie
Needed to get in here and update this a little bit. Been on a pretty good run as of late. I was able to hit the Hall here 26 days ago which was an amazing milestone and accomplishment. Last weekend I celebrated my 10 year anniversary with my bride,again great accomplishment. Then on Friday night I hate the privilege to watch my son graduate from HS. I remember on day 2 when wastepanel reached his had out to me when I was thick in the FOG and asked me "Why I why quitting"? Among other things and reasons I said "I wanted to watch my son graduate without a dip in my mouth"! Well that challenge has been met and it was Fucking Outstanding!!!During the ceremony the Valedictorian of the Class stood up and started in on her speech. Wonderful job of thanking teachers and family and friends of where she was and how she had gotten there.Then she referenced a quote from a book she had read. "You will never know how great you can be, if you don't know how good you are". My jaw literally dropped after hearing this and I asked my wife for a pen and scratch paper to write this down. This amazing 17-18 year old girl just said something so profound yet so simple it blew me away. I immediately related this to Quitting Nic and the different struggles we face daily. It doesn't matter where we are in our quit day 2 or 2,964. We must be proud of our day,share our day,embrace our day.I have given some people in there groups shit for not posting there day on roll. It really bothered me that someone wouldn't honestly know or care what day quit they just hit.I know writing or typing a day is just that a number or a digit,but it is a lot more for ME. It is validation that I did and will do exactly what "I" said "I" would do for another day. This isn't a popularity contest or a when I feel like it I will program.Strive to be great someday,know that you are good today. We will never be "Cured" but we will  be the Greatest quitter's we can.
Just as wastepanel did for you... thank YOU for reaching out to me bro! Proud of you... proud to quit with you. Rock on brother...
Good post my fellow mayster. Glad to quit beside you every day.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »
Needed to get in here and update this a little bit. Been on a pretty good run as of late. I was able to hit the Hall here 26 days ago which was an amazing milestone and accomplishment. Last weekend I celebrated my 10 year anniversary with my bride,again great accomplishment. Then on Friday night I hate the privilege to watch my son graduate from HS. I remember on day 2 when wastepanel reached his had out to me when I was thick in the FOG and asked me "Why I why quitting"? Among other things and reasons I said "I wanted to watch my son graduate without a dip in my mouth"! Well that challenge has been met and it was Fucking Outstanding!!!During the ceremony the Valedictorian of the Class stood up and started in on her speech. Wonderful job of thanking teachers and family and friends of where she was and how she had gotten there.Then she referenced a quote from a book she had read. "You will never know how great you can be, if you don't know how good you are". My jaw literally dropped after hearing this and I asked my wife for a pen and scratch paper to write this down. This amazing 17-18 year old girl just said something so profound yet so simple it blew me away. I immediately related this to Quitting Nic and the different struggles we face daily. It doesn't matter where we are in our quit day 2 or 2,964. We must be proud of our day,share our day,embrace our day.I have given some people in there groups shit for not posting there day on roll. It really bothered me that someone wouldn't honestly know or care what day quit they just hit.I know writing or typing a day is just that a number or a digit,but it is a lot more for ME. It is validation that I did and will do exactly what "I" said "I" would do for another day. This isn't a popularity contest or a when I feel like it I will program.Strive to be great someday,know that you are good today. We will never be "Cured" but we will be the Greatest quitter's we can.

Just as wastepanel did for you... thank YOU for reaching out to me bro! Proud of you... proud to quit with you. Rock on brother...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Needed to get in here and update this a little bit. Been on a pretty good run as of late. I was able to hit the Hall here 26 days ago which was an amazing milestone and accomplishment. Last weekend I celebrated my 10 year anniversary with my bride,again great accomplishment. Then on Friday night I hate the privilege to watch my son graduate from HS. I remember on day 2 when wastepanel reached his had out to me when I was thick in the FOG and asked me "Why I why quitting"? Among other things and reasons I said "I wanted to watch my son graduate without a dip in my mouth"! Well that challenge has been met and it was Fucking Outstanding!!!During the ceremony the Valedictorian of the Class stood up and started in on her speech. Wonderful job of thanking teachers and family and friends of where she was and how she had gotten there.Then she referenced a quote from a book she had read. "You will never know how great you can be, if you don't know how good you are". My jaw literally dropped after hearing this and I asked my wife for a pen and scratch paper to write this down. This amazing 17-18 year old girl just said something so profound yet so simple it blew me away. I immediately related this to Quitting Nic and the different struggles we face daily. It doesn't matter where we are in our quit day 2 or 2,964. We must be proud of our day,share our day,embrace our day.I have given some people in there groups shit for not posting there day on roll. It really bothered me that someone wouldn't honestly know or care what day quit they just hit.I know writing or typing a day is just that a number or a digit,but it is a lot more for ME. It is validation that I did and will do exactly what "I" said "I" would do for another day. This isn't a popularity contest or a when I feel like it I will program.Strive to be great someday,know that you are good today. We will never be "Cured" but we will be the Greatest quitter's we can.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
Quote from: robbie
Read something today that really hit home for me on a personal level of the QUIT.

"Don't cry because it's over,
Smile because it Happened"

Really have been thinking about this a lot ever since I read it. Just wanted to share it with my amazing quit family tonight.QLF with you all.
Sharing is caring. I ride w you brother
Good read,, thanks jaynellie. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline robbie

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »
Read something today that really hit home for me on a personal level of the QUIT.

Really have been thinking about this a lot ever since I read it. Just wanted to share it with my amazing quit family tonight.QLF with you all.
Sharing is caring. I ride w you brother

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »

Offline robbie

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: akhillbille
Quote from: Wade
Quote from: srans
Quote from: KKLJINC
Well had only my second dip dream last night and no beating around the bush it fucking sucked.It wasn't even a can of worm dirt it was a god damn cigar.I found an old cigar at work in a customers RV and my eyes lit up like I was looking at a fucking gold bar.Anyhow I took the cigar and started unwrapping the leaves and tearing them into strips and shoving them in my lower lip.I woke up and was instantly pissed,not because I actually thought I had caved but because I once again was humbled by the fear and hatred I have of Nic now.Sitting here this morning typing this I realized that the past couple days I have had a couple very strong craves, stress induced from my current work schedule.I just stepped back for a few minutes threw in a stick of gum and all was fine.Got to keep swinging away at the bitch everyday.Day 68 and QLF today.Like Robbie say "Keep on Keeping On"!!
Those dreams suck! I quit with you, today.
i've only had one kk,,, thought i caved for a whole day after. it was just to real! i still think i might have caved that day. couldn't find no proof so i kept posting. glad to be quit with you.
Yeah, those dreams do suck. But I'm so happy when I wake up and find out that I didn't cave after all. It's a huge relief.

I quit with all of you today!
I haven't had one yet so I can only imagine. Just stau strong and keep on quitting.
They suck, but I hope they never go away. Those dreams keep things in perspective for me. Last one I had several months ago caused me to wake up in a full sweat. I don't recall ever having any other kind of dream that was as vivid as dip dreams.
That is the definition of keep on keepin on right there

Sorry a little late to the party with the response--Big league bad ass quitter here...

QLF May brother

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
Quote from: akhillbille
Well had only my second dip dream last night and no beating around the bush it fucking sucked.It wasn't even a can of worm dirt it was a god damn cigar.I found an old cigar at work in a customers RV and my eyes lit up like I was looking at a fucking gold bar.Anyhow I took the cigar and started unwrapping the leaves and tearing them into strips and shoving them in my lower lip.I woke up and was instantly pissed,not because I actually thought I had caved but because I once again was humbled by the fear and hatred I have of Nic now.Sitting here this morning typing this I realized that the past couple days I have had a couple very strong craves, stress induced from my current work schedule.I just stepped back for a few minutes threw in a stick of gum and all was fine.Got to keep swinging away at the bitch everyday.Day 68 and QLF today.Like Robbie say "Keep on Keeping On"!!
i've only had one kk,,, thought i caved for a whole day after. it was just to real! i still think i might have caved that day. couldn't find no proof so i kept posting. glad to be quit with you.
Yeah, those dreams do suck. But I'm so happy when I wake up and find out that I didn't cave after all. It's a huge relief.

I haven't had one yet so I can only imagine. Just stau strong and keep on quitting.
They suck, but I hope they never go away. Those dreams keep things in perspective for me. Last one I had several months ago caused me to wake up in a full sweat. I don't recall ever having any other kind of dream that was as vivid as dip dreams.

Offline akhillbille

• Quitter
    • www.arcticoffroad.com
  • Interests: Offroading, Hunting, Fishing, almost anything outdoors with my family.
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech