Author Topic: Intro: Scared to death  (Read 2814 times)

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro: Scared to death
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
I have already caught myself saying,"  well  I already have cancer, who gives a shit. "
Be very clear, it isn't you thinking that. It is the nicbitch whispering in your brain. You know you care, or, like others have said, you wouldn't be here.
You are quit for today, so figure out how you will get through. You will start to feel the pride that comes with kicking nics ass every damn day.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
COULD BE ALOT OF THINGS. INFECTION, STAPH, BLOCKED SALIVARY GLAND, HYPERACTIVE LYMPH NODE, AIDS, AMONG OTHERS.

THE ONE THING YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW IS KEEP THAT SHIT OUT OF YOUR PIE HOLE. YOU CAN DO THIS.
but I have already caught myself saying," well I already have cancer, who gives a shit.
I BET THEY DO 4 year old girl, a 2 1/2 year old son and my wife is 6 months pregnant
Yeah sneaky nic bitch. You give a shit. You do. That's why you are here.

Scared straight? I honestly never feared cancer from the can. So this is a part that I really can't relate. I just realized one day that there is no point to it but I couldn't just stop it. I am addicted.

I don't like the mess, the lies, giving up sleep so that I can dip in peace. I just stoped loving it on March 14th, 2012 and KTC lead me to freedom.

Remember your addiction is speaking to you but you do give a shit and all you need to do is stay quit today and forget thinking about being quit tomorrow or forever. Just quit and keep your word when you wake and its today.

Things work out and you deal with life on life's terms. Fear and Faith cannot be present at the same time. Start believing that you can be quit today and you do give a shit.

Your addicted mind is tricky. Really sit back and ask your non addicted mind, Do you still love her and is the fear you deal with worth humping the can again? You will see the lies more clearly and knock the nic bitch out today.

Dismiss her and start believing in your quit right now!!!!! You got this and will prefer not having nicotine in your life or around your loved ones.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 03:08:00 PM »
COULD BE ALOT OF THINGS. INFECTION, STAPH, BLOCKED SALIVARY GLAND, HYPERACTIVE LYMPH NODE, AIDS, AMONG OTHERS.

THE ONE THING YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW IS KEEP THAT SHIT OUT OF YOUR PIE HOLE. YOU CAN DO THIS.
but I have already caught myself saying," well I already have cancer, who gives a shit.
I BET THEY DO 4 year old girl, a 2 1/2 year old son and my wife is 6 months pregnant
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »
Nothing new to add other than be a Badass Quitter today.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »
Be very careful with diagnosing yourself or allowing your mind to run wild with "what could be". I was probably the biggest hypochondriac on the planet early in my quit. I diagnosed myself with mouth cancer, throat cancer, heart problems, I think I even diagnosed myself with ovarian cancer... I would get myself so worked up about having cancer or some other fatal ailment that I would crank my anxiety to the point I would have panic attacks. I thought more than once I was having a heart attack, could not catch my breath, heart pounding, sweating, thought I was going to die.

I eneded up in the ER more than once, didn't sleep well for months, worried myself so much I puked at times. I went to the doctor so many times she actually told me to stop coming to see her. Guess what they found? NOTHING... Even when I was sure my regular doc had missed something the other docs would confirm what she said and I was not going to die with my self diagnosed illnesses.

Here I am heading into my 4th year of quit... the anxiety is gone, I no longer self diagnose, I exercise daily, I enjoy my family, I enjoy my life.

Dump the shit and get to quitting, remember how scared you are right now as it will serve you well later.

Then go to the doctor and get checked out.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
I agree with everything said already and can't add much aside from the fact that the human body has remarkable self-healing capabilities. Stop dignosing yourself and listen to what the pros tell you. In the meantime stop self inflicting more damage by ingesting cancerous chemicals.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline beartrapper

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
I wondered how long it would take someone to write back and all these responses came in minutes. Appreciated. I should have done this long ago. Nice to have someone that understands.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 01:15:00 PM »
This roller coaster ride blows man. The "highs" so high that dippin' makes sense. The "lows" so low that dippin' makes sense. You get me? It never stops for us. You need to get off the ride. We can help with that bro. Your health? Just take a breath... It's probably not what you fear. It's already been said, your mind will screw you in this area. Fear and shame and worry... Running rampant, it's a bad recipe. I'm pm'ing you my number. Let's do this...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
Quote from: beartrapper
Well, here I am. Clearly should have done this a long time ago. I am afraid I am too late. I noticed some wierd swelling in my neck under my ear on the mastoid bone and it hurt a tad. Then other lymph nodes swelled up and I figured I had a cold. Buts its summer time..... but I kept on dipping. Then I had troulbe swallowing. It felt like I had something in my throat all the time. Then yesterday I am having jaw pain and my teeth feel loose. Basically every symptom that you can have for throat or oral cancer. This has been going on for over 2 weeks now.

So I made an appt with oral surgeon but I feel so stupid. I have "quit" before and usually it only last a couple days or hours even, with the "just one more" mentality. I have been scared about my health before, but as soon as the worrisome signs went away, I went right back to dipping.

Now I am screwed. I have looked at every symptom on the Interenet possible for swelling of the mastoid, jaw soreness, trouble swallowing and the only thing it could be a is a cancer of some type . I am so stupid. I feel like crying and I can't tell my wife or parents or anyone so I am just floating through the day here until Friday appointment day.

Background on myself here. I am 33 and started dipping when I was 17 or 18. Dipped in college and started smoking as well, and was more of a smoker than dipper during that time but really did both. Then I quit smoking in 2007 and just occasiaonly smoke when I drink or on fishing trips. I dip quit a bit though, usually a can every 1 1/2 days. My mouth gets tore up so I move it around, bottom, top, middle of both sides. I never want to look at my mouth because then it would make me quit, if that makes sense.

Now I might really have screwed this up. I have a 4 year old girl, a 2 1/2 year old son and my wife is 6 months pregnant, due in August. What in the WORLD AM I DOING USING TOBACCO??? So stupid. I feel like an idiot, when just 2 weeks ago I would pop in a chew with no thought whatsoever.

I don't have any life insurance and my wife stays home with the kids. I have a good job, but how am I going to work and provide for my family if I am going through some kind of brutal cancer treatment. Am I going to really die? Am I really going to go and get diagnosed with some type of horrible lymphoma?

Also, I am the process of getting a new job. Have another interview next week hopefully and what am I supposed to do? Do I tell my new job that I have freaking cancer? What a disaster.

So I am a 33 year old dipper with very little savings, looking for a new job, with 2 kids and a baby and I just wrecked it all? Is this really happening?

Regardless, I somehow managed to still dip during this emotional crisis. I have bot 6 cans and done one chew out of them before throwing them away, once again convinced I have cancer. I quit again yesterday at 8am and and now 28 hours in. Using Smokey Mountain to curb the itch, but I have already caught myself saying," well I already have cancer, who gives a shit. "

Any thoughts welcome. I will post roll as well once I figure out how to do it.
Do you have cancer? Maybe! But the odds are in favor that it is something else! You have to be careful looking online at symptoms! It makes you see everything. It makes you start rubbing your neck and jaw to check for swelling, and even doing that a little can start making your neck and jaw sore.... So then you become convinced of symptoms. My doctor ordered me to stop looking online cause I was making myself crazy. Then the symptoms went away. The mind is a powerful thing. It is summer but I just had a week long sinus infection that made my throat sore and face hurt.... The season does not matter! You need to relax until you go to the doctor! It can be 100 different things. Don't stress about what you can't control at the moment! As far as quitting... THAT you can control this moment! Its a minute, by hour by day commitment that you CAN control! Quit now and then on Friday when you get a clean bill of health you will be that much happier! You will get peace and be over the Nicotine addiction as it has left your body after 72 hrs! This needs to be done for you and not out of fear or for others like your kids or wife. They can motivate you but they cannot be the reason! This is a lifelong addiction and it will take YOUR will power not theirs! I am glad you are here and I will help in anyway I can. Send me a PM and I will give you my number! I quit once for the same fear you are going through right now, and I urge you to quit for more then fear. When you get a clean bill of health it is not an excuse to go back to dipping. It's the opposite! A reason to continue in the best decision you have ever made!

Offline OneImpressiveBall

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Scowick65
Well, here I am.  Clearly should have done this a long time ago.  I am afraid I am too late.  I noticed some wierd swelling in my neck under my ear on the mastoid bone and it hurt a tad.  Then other lymph nodes swelled up and I figured I had a cold.  Buts its summer time..... but I kept on dipping.   Then I had troulbe swallowing.  It felt like I had something in my throat all the time.  Then yesterday I am having jaw pain and my teeth feel loose.  Basically every symptom that you can have for throat or oral cancer.   This has been going on for over 2 weeks now.

So I made an appt with oral surgeon but I feel so stupid.  I have "quit" before and usually it only last a couple days or hours even, with the "just one more" mentality.  I have been scared about my health before, but as soon as the worrisome signs went away, I went right back to dipping. 

Now I am screwed.  I have looked at every symptom on the Interenet possible for swelling of the mastoid, jaw soreness, trouble swallowing and the only thing it could be a is a cancer of some type .  I am so stupid.  I feel like crying and I can't tell my wife or parents or anyone so I am just floating through the day here until Friday appointment day.

Background on myself here.  I am 33 and started dipping when I was 17 or 18.   Dipped in college and started smoking as well, and was more of a smoker than dipper during that time but really did both.  Then I quit smoking in 2007 and just occasiaonly smoke when I drink or on fishing trips.   I dip quit a bit though, usually a can every 1 1/2 days.    My mouth gets tore up so I move it around, bottom, top, middle of both sides.  I never want to look at my mouth because then it would make me quit, if that makes sense.   

Now I might really have screwed this up.  I have a 4 year old girl, a 2 1/2 year old son and my wife is 6 months pregnant, due in August.  What in the WORLD AM I DOING USING TOBACCO???  So stupid.  I feel like an idiot, when just 2 weeks ago I would pop in a chew with no thought whatsoever. 

I don't have any life insurance and my wife stays home with the kids. I have a good job, but how am I going to work and provide for my family if I am going through some kind of brutal cancer treatment.  Am I going to really die?  Am I really going to go and get diagnosed with some type of horrible lymphoma?

Also, I am the process of getting a new job.  Have another interview next week hopefully and what am I supposed to do?   Do I tell my new job that I have freaking cancer?  What a disaster. 

So I am a 33 year old dipper with very little savings, looking for a new job, with 2 kids and a baby and I just wrecked it all?  Is this really happening?  

Regardless,  I somehow managed to still dip during this emotional crisis.  I have bot 6 cans and done one chew out of them before throwing them away, once again convinced I have cancer.  I quit again yesterday at 8am and and now 28 hours in.  Using Smokey Mountain to curb the itch, but I have already caught myself saying,"  well  I already have cancer, who gives a shit. "

Any thoughts welcome.  I will post roll as well once I figure out how to do it.
Ok. You are scared to death and are dealing with a lot.

Lets make this easy.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.

Lets focus on what you can control, nicotine. Hit the welcome center link: index.php?showforum=13

and read it. Read it again. Then execute. Focus on today only. No matter if you are sick or not, stop the stupidity today. This site has the tools to make it happen. The choice is yours.
BearTrapper,
You have come to the right place you have people already on the way to help you. We do things one day at a time here or ODAAT like SCO just said lets focus on what we can do here and that is get you to stop using tobacco. I know you have a full plate right now so sit back and just breath right now. ODAAT bro

PM if you need my number.
T
I can't really add to what's been said. Keep your focus on the one thing you can control: abstaining from nicotine. We can help you with that. We'd LOVE to help you with that. Toss every bit of nicotine in every form, even the stash in your golf bag, and kick that "I already have cancer so who cares" mentality right out. Go to the doctor on Friday. Hope. Pray. Whatever you need to do to cope with the things that you CANNOT control. But grab the reins on your addiction and get nicotine out of your life. As Sco said, start with the Welcome Center.
Proud January 2013 Jackwagin: [color=330066]kicking nicotine's ass since October 3, 2012.[/color]
My 265-Day Late HOF Speech
KEEP
CALM
AND
QUIT
ON

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
Well, here I am. Clearly should have done this a long time ago. I am afraid I am too late. I noticed some wierd swelling in my neck under my ear on the mastoid bone and it hurt a tad. Then other lymph nodes swelled up and I figured I had a cold. Buts its summer time..... but I kept on dipping. Then I had troulbe swallowing. It felt like I had something in my throat all the time. Then yesterday I am having jaw pain and my teeth feel loose. Basically every symptom that you can have for throat or oral cancer. This has been going on for over 2 weeks now.

So I made an appt with oral surgeon but I feel so stupid. I have "quit" before and usually it only last a couple days or hours even, with the "just one more" mentality. I have been scared about my health before, but as soon as the worrisome signs went away, I went right back to dipping.

Now I am screwed. I have looked at every symptom on the Interenet possible for swelling of the mastoid, jaw soreness, trouble swallowing and the only thing it could be a is a cancer of some type . I am so stupid. I feel like crying and I can't tell my wife or parents or anyone so I am just floating through the day here until Friday appointment day.

Background on myself here. I am 33 and started dipping when I was 17 or 18. Dipped in college and started smoking as well, and was more of a smoker than dipper during that time but really did both. Then I quit smoking in 2007 and just occasiaonly smoke when I drink or on fishing trips. I dip quit a bit though, usually a can every 1 1/2 days. My mouth gets tore up so I move it around, bottom, top, middle of both sides. I never want to look at my mouth because then it would make me quit, if that makes sense.

Now I might really have screwed this up. I have a 4 year old girl, a 2 1/2 year old son and my wife is 6 months pregnant, due in August. What in the WORLD AM I DOING USING TOBACCO??? So stupid. I feel like an idiot, when just 2 weeks ago I would pop in a chew with no thought whatsoever.

I don't have any life insurance and my wife stays home with the kids. I have a good job, but how am I going to work and provide for my family if I am going through some kind of brutal cancer treatment. Am I going to really die? Am I really going to go and get diagnosed with some type of horrible lymphoma?

Also, I am the process of getting a new job. Have another interview next week hopefully and what am I supposed to do? Do I tell my new job that I have freaking cancer? What a disaster.

So I am a 33 year old dipper with very little savings, looking for a new job, with 2 kids and a baby and I just wrecked it all? Is this really happening?

Regardless, I somehow managed to still dip during this emotional crisis. I have bot 6 cans and done one chew out of them before throwing them away, once again convinced I have cancer. I quit again yesterday at 8am and and now 28 hours in. Using Smokey Mountain to curb the itch, but I have already caught myself saying," well I already have cancer, who gives a shit. "

Cried my eyes out many a time thinking I had cancer, still dream about it all the time too. Scowicks right, lets focus on quitting and stop oushing the poison in your system. There are some who have had cancer and will tell you thier first thought after being diagnosed was "I want a dip". Deal with your addiction....quit with you today.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Well, here I am.  Clearly should have done this a long time ago.  I am afraid I am too late.  I noticed some wierd swelling in my neck under my ear on the mastoid bone and it hurt a tad.  Then other lymph nodes swelled up and I figured I had a cold.  Buts its summer time..... but I kept on dipping.  Then I had troulbe swallowing.  It felt like I had something in my throat all the time.  Then yesterday I am having jaw pain and my teeth feel loose.  Basically every symptom that you can have for throat or oral cancer.  This has been going on for over 2 weeks now.

So I made an appt with oral surgeon but I feel so stupid.  I have "quit" before and usually it only last a couple days or hours even, with the "just one more" mentality.  I have been scared about my health before, but as soon as the worrisome signs went away, I went right back to dipping. 

Now I am screwed.  I have looked at every symptom on the Interenet possible for swelling of the mastoid, jaw soreness, trouble swallowing and the only thing it could be a is a cancer of some type .  I am so stupid.  I feel like crying and I can't tell my wife or parents or anyone so I am just floating through the day here until Friday appointment day.

Background on myself here.  I am 33 and started dipping when I was 17 or 18.  Dipped in college and started smoking as well, and was more of a smoker than dipper during that time but really did both.  Then I quit smoking in 2007 and just occasiaonly smoke when I drink or on fishing trips.  I dip quit a bit though, usually a can every 1 1/2 days.    My mouth gets tore up so I move it around, bottom, top, middle of both sides.  I never want to look at my mouth because then it would make me quit, if that makes sense.   

Now I might really have screwed this up.  I have a 4 year old girl, a 2 1/2 year old son and my wife is 6 months pregnant, due in August.  What in the WORLD AM I DOING USING TOBACCO???  So stupid.  I feel like an idiot, when just 2 weeks ago I would pop in a chew with no thought whatsoever. 

I don't have any life insurance and my wife stays home with the kids. I have a good job, but how am I going to work and provide for my family if I am going through some kind of brutal cancer treatment.  Am I going to really die?  Am I really going to go and get diagnosed with some type of horrible lymphoma?

Also, I am the process of getting a new job.  Have another interview next week hopefully and what am I supposed to do?  Do I tell my new job that I have freaking cancer?  What a disaster. 

So I am a 33 year old dipper with very little savings, looking for a new job, with 2 kids and a baby and I just wrecked it all?  Is this really happening? 

Regardless,  I somehow managed to still dip during this emotional crisis.  I have bot 6 cans and done one chew out of them before throwing them away, once again convinced I have cancer.  I quit again yesterday at 8am and and now 28 hours in.  Using Smokey Mountain to curb the itch, but I have already caught myself saying,"  well  I already have cancer, who gives a shit. "

Any thoughts welcome.  I will post roll as well once I figure out how to do it.

Lets make this easy.

Lets focus on what you can control, nicotine. Hit the welcome center link: index.php?showforum=13

and read it. Read it again. Then execute. Focus on today only. No matter if you are sick or not, stop the stupidity today. This site has the tools to make it happen. The choice is yours.
BearTrapper,
You have come to the right place you have people already on the way to help you. We do things one day at a time here or ODAAT like SCO just said lets focus on what we can do here and that is get you to stop using tobacco. I know you have a full plate right now so sit back and just breath right now. ODAAT bro

PM if you need my number.
T
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline iizphilister

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Po Pimping
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »

You are in the right place. I am going to PM you my number, call me or txt me and I will walk you through Posting.

This place is a life-saver. But YOU have to put the work in and submit yourself to REAL accountability. That's what we are all about.

My name is Phil, and I quit with you today!
Quit date: 1/1/2013
H.O.F. April 10, 2013
2nd Floor July 19, 2013
3rd Floor Oct 28, 2013
4th Floor Feb 19, 2014
5th Floor May 15, 2014
6th Floor Aug 25, 2014
7th Floor Dec 11, 2014
8th Floor Mar 11, 2015
9th Floor June 16, 2015
Comma Town - 9/27/2015

"If I am not myself...... Who will be me?"
THIS is WHO we ARE!

"It's your choice to cave....I'd rather be shot!"

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »

Lets make this easy.

Offline beartrapper

Intro: Scared to death
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »