Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 3494 times)

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Thanks for the support. I am staying away from the booze.
Why choose to fail when success is an option

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Quote from: lcwb96
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: ShawnB
Quote from: Notdeadyet
Day 1 wasn't easy. I went to the baseball game and had a few beers. The temptation was there. I said no fucking way am I going to give in.

On to day 2. Game on.

I got this!!
Beer = #1 quit killer

What are you willing to do (or not do) to stay quit? How bad do you want this?
Beer is a killer. I did it though. I want this BAD! I don't want my life to be controled by a $4 tin can.

Shawn
Yeah, you did it.

This time.

That's the funny thing about quitting. It's not a sprint. It's a marathon.

I'm proud of you for keeping your word for one day, but your actions do not say "I want this bad!".

To "want this bad", you need to put your quit first in your life. Everything else is secondary. As you get further into your quit, you will get stronger with your resolve because you have further to fall. Initially, the nic bitch still has a microphone to your ear.

For example, I quit July 4th weekend last year. I planned my entire fucking weekend so that I was in one place that would test me: a fourth of July picnic with my wife's and my friends. You know what I did? I told everybody that I was quit. I got 3 numbers and texted them regularly throughout the night. I told my 6 year old we could camp out in a tent in the backyard so he was ripping my arm off by 9 pm. AND I SKIPPED ALL BEER even though I had worked outside in 90 degree weather all day.

It fucking worked, and I made it through the weekend.

That's when my friend passed away.

I hung out with all of my friends while they chewed their heads off. These same guys taught and learned with me how to chew. Hell, the guy that passed used to be "that guy" that always was there when in need of a plug.

When he passed, all my buddies called and said that they wanted to get together for some drinks. I immediately sat down with my wife, and burst into tears about how I couldn't go because it would ruin my quit. It was at this very moment that I had an epiphony: I can only control my actions in this world, and nobody was making me quit or use except for me.

I went to the bar. I stayed in control. Hell, I even talked about my quit to them, and now one of them is quit just like me. The rest shrugged it off, but have mentioned how they "want to" occasionally. I made it through that night, his funeral, and beyond.

I did all of this because I wanted to quit more than anything else in this world. Fuck. I compiled so many fucking numbers of badass quitters I'd have to change my number if I faded away. I threw so many words of encouragement and support out they have buttressed my quit in times of distress. I have been there for so many quitters to know that I never, ever want to let them down under any circumstances.

Yeah, you made it through today.

But you don't "want this" until you acknowledge that "slipping" is failure. You don't want this until you realize that failure is only possible through your own actions. You don't want this until quitting is as important to you as living.

You'll never be successful until you realize you don't "got this". That's why we're here. When left to our own devices, we have all been unsuccessful. When left to our brothers' accountability, we have success. It's that simple.
These guys are right on. Alcohol can kill the quit. Some can handle it and some can't. I have been successful in being able to still drink a few cold beers, but it does lessen your resolve. You better get in the right frame of mine before you crack that first beer. And I mean, a "Quit Like Fuck" attitude. Otherwise you are are doomed when you crack that third or fourth beer.

Keep it up AND post roll EVERYDAY!!!!

QLAMF'er with the December Chew Wreckin' Crew!!!!!
Might I suggest laying off the beers for a while. Too many times we have seen people come back here and post a day 1 with the excuse of "I got drunk and said fuck it." Don't be that guy. This is too important to risk it all on a few beers that you can't handle yet. Stay quit man and think about taking a break from alcohol for a while.

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
Quote from: lcwb96
Day 1 wasn't easy. I went to the baseball game and had a few beers. The temptation was there. I said no fucking way am I going to give in.

On to day 2. Game on.

I got this!!
Beer = #1 quit killer

Beer is a killer. I did it though. I want this BAD! I don't want my life to be controled by a $4 tin can.

Shawn
Yeah, you did it.

This time.

I'm proud of you for keeping your word for one day, but your actions do not say "I want this bad!".

To "want this bad", you need to put your quit first in your life. Everything else is secondary. As you get further into your quit, you will get stronger with your resolve because you have further to fall. Initially, the nic bitch still has a microphone to your ear.

For example, I quit July 4th weekend last year. I planned my entire fucking weekend so that I was in one place that would test me: a fourth of July picnic with my wife's and my friends. You know what I did? I told everybody that I was quit. I got 3 numbers and texted them regularly throughout the night. I told my 6 year old we could camp out in a tent in the backyard so he was ripping my arm off by 9 pm. AND I SKIPPED ALL BEER even though I had worked outside in 90 degree weather all day.

I hung out with all of my friends while they chewed their heads off. These same guys taught and learned with me how to chew. Hell, the guy that passed used to be "that guy" that always was there when in need of a plug.

When he passed, all my buddies called and said that they wanted to get together for some drinks. I immediately sat down with my wife, and burst into tears about how I couldn't go because it would ruin my quit. It was at this very moment that I had an epiphony: I can only control my actions in this world, and nobody was making me quit or use except for me.

I went to the bar. I stayed in control. Hell, I even talked about my quit to them, and now one of them is quit just like me. The rest shrugged it off, but have mentioned how they "want to" occasionally. I made it through that night, his funeral, and beyond.

I did all of this because I wanted to quit more than anything else in this world. Fuck. I compiled so many fucking numbers of badass quitters I'd have to change my number if I faded away. I threw so many words of encouragement and support out they have buttressed my quit in times of distress. I have been there for so many quitters to know that I never, ever want to let them down under any circumstances.

But you don't "want this" until you acknowledge that "slipping" is failure. You don't want this until you realize that failure is only possible through your own actions. You don't want this until quitting is as important to you as living.

You'll never be successful until you realize you don't "got this". That's why we're here. When left to our own devices, we have all been unsuccessful. When left to our brothers' accountability, we have success. It's that simple.
These guys are right on. Alcohol can kill the quit. Some can handle it and some can't. I have been successful in being able to still drink a few cold beers, but it does lessen your resolve. You better get in the right frame of mine before you crack that first beer. And I mean, a "Quit Like Fuck" attitude. Otherwise you are are doomed when you crack that third or fourth beer.

Yeah it does make it harder. I feel like I can quit even more now. On day 1 I drank a few beers and didn't give in. That's a win right there. It's times like these where I am at my house sitting around or trying to stay busy where I want one. Today I quit!!

Offline lcwb96

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-08-28
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »

On to day 2. Game on.

I got this!!
Beer = #1 quit killer

Shawn
Yeah, you did it.

This time.

Screw it, I QUIT!! - 8/28/2012 and each day thereafter.
HOF - 12/05/2012
HOF Speech
2nd Floor - 3/15/2013
3rd Floor - 6/23/2013
4th Floor - 10/1/2013
5th Floor - 1/9/2014
6th Floor - 4/19/2014
7th Floor - 7/28/2014
8th Floor - 11/5/2014
9th Floor - 2/13/2015
Comma - 5/24/2015
"Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »

On to day 2. Game on.

I got this!!
Beer = #1 quit killer

Shawn
Yeah, you did it.

This time.

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 10:39:00 AM »

On to day 2. Game on.

I got this!!
Beer = #1 quit killer

Shawn
If you really want it bad then do everything you can to avoid testing your quit the first month. This means no beer and staying away from any diptarded friends.
I want it bad! Thanks for caring.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »

On to day 2. Game on.

I got this!!
Beer = #1 quit killer

Shawn
If you really want it bad then do everything you can to avoid testing your quit the first month. This means no beer and staying away from any diptarded friends.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »

On to day 2. Game on.

I got this!!
Beer = #1 quit killer

Shawn

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »

On to day 2. Game on.

I got this!!
Beer = #1 quit killer

38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »

On to day 2. Game on.

I got this!!

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
Welcome! some great advice from Dozer, I just want to say - if you need to be an asshole (most of us have needed to for at least a few) don't feel like that's something you should or need to do alone - what the hell do we have live chat for - jump on in and bitch - you will get your ass handed back to you but it will be done with love and support for your quit! Use the site and everyone here to give you a hand, pm some folks and swap numbers - then use em - call or text, make some friends - it will help you stay quit! pm me if you want to swap digits. I quit with you today.
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
    • www.cottinghamperformancehorses.com
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
How to post roll

1. Login, go to your quit page, think about what you are going to post.
2. Find the most recent post
3. hit F5 or refresh the page
4. Press "quote" on the roll
5. Highlight ALL TEXT in lower box and Press CTRL+X to CUT, not copy-if you copy, then you'll double post roll.
6. Click to the reply window and press CTRL+V to paste it in. Then write in your name, day and your promise
7. Press submit-done.

Edit: Your in December
Quit day: 11 Sep 2012.

"....A Republic, if you can keep it." Benjamin Franklin

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
How do I post roll?

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
    • www.cottinghamperformancehorses.com
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
This should be day 3 but i slipped on Monday and had 1 and the same yesterday. But no slipping today!!!!
ShawnB,

Advice- go post roll. Make a promise to us and yourself that you will not use nicotine in any form today. Keep that promise all day no matter how bad it sucks.
PM me if you need help or my number. This sucks, I'm right there with you. Eating pumpkin seeds and punching walls seems to take the edge off for me. Oh and one more thing, you did this to yourself, so "DO NOT" take it out on someone else, your spouse, kids, friends etc.... If you need to be an Asshole, go be an Asshole by yourself for a few minutes and come back a better person because you are Quit today.

Are you with me? I QLF today!

Dozer
Quit day: 11 Sep 2012.

"....A Republic, if you can keep it." Benjamin Franklin

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
This should be day 3 but i slipped on Monday and had 1 and the same yesterday. But no slipping today!!!!