Author Topic: Here we go  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here we go
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
Gitterdun, Fordtruckman! Dude, I was in your shoes. I chewed and dipped for 20 years, and hid it some of that time. Or at least I tried. The women in our lives are smarter than we think, but they stick around even though we lie to them. For that, your wife deserves a reward. Quit, and stay that way.

Here's the problem you're gonna have that you need to be aware of: in the next couple months, your temper is going to be all over the place. You're rage will at times come from nowhere with no warning. You MUST be prepared for that, so you don't take it out on your family and friends. They did nothing to deserve it. I didn't let my wife in on my quit until I was 50 or 60 days in. It got a lot easier after that because she realized that I didn't hate her and that I wasn't just being a prick for no reason. That's a tough one in your situation. I can't tell you how to handle it exactly, but I know you've got to be aware of it.

I'm gonna drop you a PM. Reply with anything you may need.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: Fordtruckman
Hi all. Today is day 1. I have tried to do this so many times with no help, I can't remember how many times I've actually quit. I have been hiding it from my wife since 08. I started in 00. I have tried smokey mountain, sunflower seeds, gum. I am so afraid of the irreparable damage I may have done. I find myself pulling down my lip 100 times a day to check. This needs to end. Please don't make me do this alone again. I don't want to fail.
Welcome brother. You've come to the right place.

There are a ton of guys that are going to reach out to you right now, you won't believe it. Read. Listen. Connect. They are going to help you save your life.

Welcome to the best decision you ever made.

-Nolaq - Day 1,187
I will help ya even though you drive a ford...hahaha all kidding aside. This is the best place you could have stumbled upon or however you got here. You need to go to the welcome center read all you can here. It is time brother for you to start this journey it is giong to suck not giong to lie about that but this time you are doing it with the support of 14000-15000 bad ass quitters. Go to your inbox in the upper right I will have my digits there for you. Do not be afraid to ask for help.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Hi all. Today is day 1. I have tried to do this so many times with no help, I can't remember how many times I've actually quit. I have been hiding it from my wife since 08. I started in 00. I have tried smokey mountain, sunflower seeds, gum. I am so afraid of the irreparable damage I may have done. I find myself pulling down my lip 100 times a day to check. This needs to end. Please don't make me do this alone again. I don't want to fail.

There are a ton of guys that are going to reach out to you right now, you won't believe it. Read. Listen. Connect. They are going to help you save your life.

-Nolaq - Day 1,187
Welcome to taking your life back. You really CAN kill the CAN. 'bang head'
Drink the koolaid here and work the tools and your quit daze will stack up faster than you ever thought possible....not to mention that you'll be soooooooo much happier "being quit" than when you used to stuff the poison in your mouth day in and day out. 'Crazy'

READ

EVER HEARD THIS?

READ 2

Cheers Mister. You're not alone.
We do this ODAAT...One day at a time....one second or minute at a time in the begining.
Lots of great men and tools here.
Quit on! 'zombie'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »

-Nolaq - Day 1,187
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Fordtruckman

• Quitter
Here we go
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »