Author Topic: Hello  (Read 546 times)

Offline Ricko

• Quitter
  • Interests: Start projects that I do not finish... Bonfires in the back yard.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hello
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 12:24:00 AM »
Quote from: justquit
Whoa. I just got done going through page after page of analysis and writing for work.
And I did it without dip.

This is one of those things I have to do twice a year. It is one of those things that has kept me from quitting in the past. I know for a fact that at least twice I wanted to quit, realized I would have to sit still and think and write for about 20 hours in the near future, and said "not now".

Well at day 30/31 I was terrified I wasn't going to be able to do it. I thought I may just have to cave and go back to dipping. What was I going to do? Fail at my quit or fail at my job?

You know what? It wasn't so bad. I did it. I did it dip free. This is the first time in 20 years I've used that level of concentration, for that long, without nicotine.

I've got more triggers to work through. Taxes (which according to my call with the IRIS the other day I may have an opportunity to work through next week), serious home improvment projects, small code writing for work, long drives, etc but this gives me momentum.

I'm not saying I didn't twitch, chew 10 sticks of gum, or drink 5 diet cokes because I did. But this is not just the kind of thing, but 1 of the actual things, that I've said in the past I needed nicotine to do.

Holy crap, you know what I feel? Relief. For the first time since I put the can down 31 days ok. Damn this is nice. 1 day at a time and this day is a good one.
This is my quit buddy, justquit. He quit one day after me so no matter what he got my back. I use him when I post these days cause I can't remember my days, back when I was first quitting I could not remember shit so I was always thankful that he is here to let me know where I am. It is so good to have a great friend that you have never met. Thanks Justquit. I am actually on a search for my introduction, I know it is around here somewhere. Since I saw yours, I had to stop in and let you know how much you have helped me keep quit.

Offline justquit

• Quitter
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
Whoa. I just got done going through page after page of analysis and writing for work.
And I did it without dip.

This is one of those things I have to do twice a year. It is one of those things that has kept me from quitting in the past. I know for a fact that at least twice I wanted to quit, realized I would have to sit still and think and write for about 20 hours in the near future, and said "not now".

Well at day 30/31 I was terrified I wasn't going to be able to do it. I thought I may just have to cave and go back to dipping. What was I going to do? Fail at my quit or fail at my job?

You know what? It wasn't so bad. I did it. I did it dip free. This is the first time in 20 years I've used that level of concentration, for that long, without nicotine.

I've got more triggers to work through. Taxes (which according to my call with the IRIS the other day I may have an opportunity to work through next week), serious home improvment projects, small code writing for work, long drives, etc but this gives me momentum.

I'm not saying I didn't twitch, chew 10 sticks of gum, or drink 5 diet cokes because I did. But this is not just the kind of thing, but 1 of the actual things, that I've said in the past I needed nicotine to do.

Holy crap, you know what I feel? Relief. For the first time since I put the can down 31 days ok. Damn this is nice. 1 day at a time and this day is a good one.

Offline justquit

• Quitter
Hello
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
Well I am a bit late with my introduction as I am closing out day 30 of my quit today. Until my quit day I'd been a daily user of nicotine for about the last 20 years and on/off for the 5 years prior to that. Though things have gotten easier in the last few weeks I'm still struggling. The struggle has just changed a bit and gotten more mental and less physical. But now it isn't all about nicotine. It is as much about life in general and all of the pain points for which I used to medicate myself with the shit in the can.

I don't want to discourage any newcomers though. Though I am still struggling I've already started to realize amazing benefits from quitting and it is getting easier every single day. I'm very excited to see how far I will have progressed by day 100 and look forward to documenting the changes in my HOF post.

I'll probably use this thread as my own personal rant now and again. I think it will help me to be able to go back and read my struggles and how much progress I've been making. It's crazy how those days just keep incrementing and before you know it you are in double digits and heading towards the next milestone.

Enough for now. Thanks to everyone that has been and will be involved in supporting my quit.