Author Topic: Here it goes  (Read 2034 times)

Offline simonsj

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here it goes
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
Boy....having a rough start to day three. Keep telling myself that the worst part should be over soon but this has been the toughest morning yet. Woke up in a sweat and wanted to beat the hell out of every driver on the road during my commute today. Now I'm sitting at work irritable as hell and trying to avoid people as much as possible. Can't stop thinking about the dip.

*note to self to remember the journey:

Look at you. You piece of shit. Look how miserable you feel. Do you ever want to feel this way again? I don't think so. Stay the quit. Grind it out and the pain will be gone soon.

ahh...strangely feel a little better now. Have a good one fellow quiters.
Quit Date - 1/29/2013

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 12:58:00 AM »
Jordan it don't matter if you act like a 'little girly man' as long as your balls are growing! Alot of us whined, bitched and moaned as we embraced the suck of quitting. Watch that fog that you don't run into any hidden obstacles.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
Quote from: simonsj
Thanks for the hello's everybody. As I'm sure you all remember, the first day is pretty rough. Every spare second I've had this morning I find myself thinking about the nic. This is the longest amount of time I've went without a dip for as long as I can remember so it's another hurdle to feel proud about. The fog that I hear people talk about has started to roll in so I thought it might help to throw a little post out here. I find it's easiest to deal with the withdrawal / cravings when I stay in the moment. As soon as I start thinking about how bad it's going to suck later this afternoon or tonight, the more stressed I get. Boy do I feel like a little girly man whining on here but it seems to help. Well, back to work. I guess all you can do is keep on rolling. Have a good one everyone.
Nice job simonsj-
Take it minute by minute if you have to. Celebrate each nic-free accomplishment! The first few days really do suck. Remember this feeling, you do not want to be back here again.
It will get better, I promise. Just quit for today. You can do that!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline simonsj

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
Thanks for the hello's everybody. As I'm sure you all remember, the first day is pretty rough. Every spare second I've had this morning I find myself thinking about the nic. This is the longest amount of time I've went without a dip for as long as I can remember so it's another hurdle to feel proud about. The fog that I hear people talk about has started to roll in so I thought it might help to throw a little post out here. I find it's easiest to deal with the withdrawal / cravings when I stay in the moment. As soon as I start thinking about how bad it's going to suck later this afternoon or tonight, the more stressed I get. Boy do I feel like a little girly man whining on here but it seems to help. Well, back to work. I guess all you can do is keep on rolling. Have a good one everyone.
Quit Date - 1/29/2013

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Welcome to the rest if your life. Looks like you have posted a day 1, congrats!

Read, post, read, post and read some more. Get to know your quit brothers and sisters.

Never again, for any reason.

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
Quote from: simonsj
p.s. great site
It is indeed. Great to have you with us. Use this site as it was intended and you will beat tobacco. I have been here every day for 748 days now. It works. Post roll every day and get involved with other people. Get phone numbers from your quit brothers. Reach out if you need help. We are all here for each other.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
  • Quit Date: 10/12/12
  • Interests: Camping, Biking (mountain and road), BBQ'ing, and puppy activities
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
Welcome Jordan...I see you made it to roll posting...thats friggin awesome. Glad to have you on board...buckle up for the next few days. Those there mints will help you, and staying as distracted as you can will also (exercise in the form of walking or doing steps if yer at work help too) drink lots o water. Fake stuff, shredded jerky, sugarless gum....WHATEVER...just stay QUIT. I find reading anything and everything on this site is key also. HoF speeches, Intros, WoW....any of it....PM me if you are still collecting numbers....mine is yours for the taking....
January '13 Jackwagins
Quit Date:  October 12, 2012

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
Welcome Jordan. Go up to the welcome center and read up on how and where to post roll each day. Use your introduction post as a journal to make notes, comments, rage, whatever, each time. You can do this !!!
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:30:00 AM »
Nice job on the commute and posting roll this morning.

Check out the Welcom Center upper left - your Inbox (1) upper right and make sure you keep your word and post roll every damned day
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline simonsj

• Quitter
Here it goes
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Hey Everyone...My name is Jordan and I've been chewing cope religiously for twelve years. Today is my first day of the quit. I just finished my hour long morning commute without a dip for the first time in I don't know how many years. It sucked, but it was a small victory. (don't get me wrong...I want to chew my arm off right now) 'bang head' I'm armed with a pocket full of mints and I'm ready to tackle the rest of the day. Talk to you all later.

p.s. great site
Quit Date - 1/29/2013