Author Topic: I Hate Dipping  (Read 6049 times)

Offline Reaper

• Quitter
  • Interests: im interested in hunting camping 4 wheeler riding and horses but mostly kicking this habit in the ass.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I Hate Dipping
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
Quote from: TxTornadoinOK
I'm awake.  Posted roll. Nothing in the house for me to use as an excuse.  I want this.  Mornings are the hardest for me, I will get through it.  Time to read the hell out of the site, I guess.
We got those that want to quit. We got those that pretend to quit. Then we have those that use drive, determination and accountability to just plain quit.

Ask yourself one question. Am i worth it? Ask your family am i worth it? I bet they will say the same as me,, yes! One day at a time and you can do this. Make this quit the most important thing in your life because it is. Quit with you today.

that is the best thing you can do. Read the hell out of this site and get involved in helping other people. I haven't been able to get on the site as much as I wanted in the last week or so but I can promise you it helps. Helping others with their quit helps you and reading how others struggled and made it gives you the confidence you need to make it through this tough time. if you need any help let me know I will be glad to assist you with you quit.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.?

#8213; D.H. Lawrence,

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
I'm awake.  Posted roll. Nothing in the house for me to use as an excuse.  I want this.  Mornings are the hardest for me, I will get through it.  Time to read the hell out of the site, I guess.
We got those that want to quit. We got those that pretend to quit. Then we have those that use drive, determination and accountability to just plain quit.

Ask yourself one question. Am i worth it? Ask your family am i worth it? I bet they will say the same as me,, yes! One day at a time and you can do this. Make this quit the most important thing in your life because it is. Quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
Ummm....I don't have time to read all your intro this morning but I have a bad feeling you may be a Sooner.....lol....we will address that later....

Here is a brief timeline on how my quit is going, I'm not sure if it's helpful or not but I made it for another new quitter and he seemed to like it.

The good news is that you understand how to use your tools and you have some good fight in you. The better news is that it gets so much easier very quickly. Now, I realize that "quickly" is a very relative term- as when you are suffering minute to minute, 5 or 6 weeks seem like 100 years. In reality, 5 or 6 weeks is not a very long time.

Keep in mind, I am no expert and I am just going off of what I have experienced the past 73 days. My "suck scale" looked something like this:

Day 1-3: bad fog, my brain didn't work at all. Very little sleep and couldn't take a dump to save my life. I wanted a dip every second of each day.

Day 4-10: Pretty much out of the fog but bad, bad cravings and headache every second of the day

Day 11-14: My cruise control days, I didn't think about dipping much and craves were few and far between. Sleeping good but too much.

Day 15-21 Starting to get my energy level back up. Craves about 2-4 per day and short. The first thing every morning, I started to get an empty and sick feeling in my stomach when I thought about not being able to dip. Started losing my temper easily.

Day 22-25 No real changes, cruising along but feeling a little depressed. I started learning how to hate my addiction and was really mad about it.

Day 26- 30: Wow, I was starting to gain a lot of weight. Weird how I replaced Cope with Ice Cream and cake. I don't even eat sweets but here I am 10 lbs heavier. I don't care, I'm not dipping and the craves are mild.

Day 31-38: Freaking fog was back, some nasty craves and my temper way out of control. WTF!

Day 39-60: The roller coaster days. Mod craves followed by no craves, bad temper and mild depression. A difficult time but I was not giving up at this point.

Day 61-73: The best days by far. Seldom think about dip, temper is way better, sleeping like a normal person and just feeling pretty darn good. I am stacking up these good days to recharge my batteries and prepare for the next round of fights".

Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now.

Day 86-99: Zero craves, zero dip dreams and temper under control. The strong craves when I drink are also gone. I am disgusted when I see someone dip. Proudly watching my group hit HOF one at a time; which is just how we quit, one day at a time. My guard is still held high as I know the fight is far from over.

Day 100-115: I am on a high as I have reached my first goal. My guard is held the highest it has ever been in because I will not disappoint all those who have helped me.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
I played Call of Duty Ghosts with my 11 year old last night and I remained quit. Sure it would have been pretty easy to sneak one in; then I would have to answer to my 11 year old about why I threw away 120 days or forgot about the $1,080 I saved in that 120 days. But I didn't!

Be determined today, I wish I could make you quit but I can't you have to want it. I want it for you as much as I did yesterday and look where that got us.

It is a nasty disgusting habit and expensive as hell. The $4-5 a can is not why I call it expensive but rather the cost of life. Those precious kids of your need a role model, if their father and your husband is an OTR Truck driver, than that means they see you more. Don't quit for me, don't quit for them just quit for you.

Go read all the stories on here and see if that doesn't help you stay motivated. Other than that no fucking around today. You posted roll early so now you have a whole day to get under your belt.

Let's do this shit!

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
I'm awake. Posted roll. Nothing in the house for me to use as an excuse. I want this. Mornings are the hardest for me, I will get through it. Time to read the hell out of the site, I guess.
Your intro is eerily similar to mine, weak excuses, early cave ..... I know what your thinking and that's the problem. You can't trust your own thoughts right now, your in the suck, your body will be screaming for nicotine.

Read everything you can here and keep the shit out of your pie hole, just for today. Can you do that?

Quitting is hard, maybe the hardest thing you'll ever do, but you have to want to be quit. We can only encourage and support you.

I'll quit with you today.

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 08:07:00 AM »
I'm awake. Posted roll. Nothing in the house for me to use as an excuse. I want this. Mornings are the hardest for me, I will get through it. Time to read the hell out of the site, I guess.
Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 07:42:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Pinched
So, I am ashamed.  I was sitting and playing xbox.  Grabbed my can (I thought was empty) and mindlessly put it in my mouth. 2 seconds later my daughter asked me what I thought I was doing.  Spit it out and went through the house throwing all of my "emergency supply" out.  Day 1 starts again.  I have no excuse.  I am pixxed at myself and I have too many people I could text or post here to have ANY reason why it happened.  I have no more.  I start NOW damnit! 'bang head'
Now tomorrow go to the local Walmart, and get yourself some Smokie Mountain fake dip, lifesavers mints, chewing gum and some atomic fireballs.

Being an addict myself I could have driven, walked, rode, skipped to the local c store.

I am glad you are ashamed and I too hope you can come around but if you can cave that easy after some awesome quitters came out to support you I don't have the utmost in faith in you.

Now prove me wrong if you think you can,
This has to be the worst excuse for a cave ever. I would love to hear the truth. Give me a break.
Some of the most badass quitters on this site reached out to you. You gave them your word. They offered their support. You played a video game and reached for a can that was at arms length and caved? This site is built on several core principles... Integrity, respect, support, honor.

Without honor, without integrity, and without respect, the support is meaningless. Actually, it is worse than meaningless. Because the time those badasses spent supporting you could have been spent supporting a quitter. I guess what I'm getting at is that you cave didn't just impact you, it impacted those that supported you and the quitters that didn't get the attention you received. What a shame.

Look deep within. Because if you have a can at arms length and a video game triggered a lack of integrity, you sure don't sound like a quitter to me. The best I can give you, until you change your quit value system, is this... Good luck.
Really???? This is your excuse for caving?

Why do you have tins lying around your house in the first place? Didn't you quit? Any quitter gets all the stash out of their house... It all gets dumped!

We don't mindlessly do anything here. YOU chose to cave. YOU wanted to cave. Dipping is not a natural body occurrence that just happens. It comes with a choice. YOU choose your fate.

Until you decide to quit not much anyone here can do for you. You have to want it more than this. The good old Xbox cave....
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 06:31:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
So, I am ashamed.  I was sitting and playing xbox.  Grabbed my can (I thought was empty) and mindlessly put it in my mouth. 2 seconds later my daughter asked me what I thought I was doing.  Spit it out and went through the house throwing all of my "emergency supply" out.  Day 1 starts again.  I have no excuse.  I am pixxed at myself and I have too many people I could text or post here to have ANY reason why it happened.  I have no more.  I start NOW damnit! 'bang head'
Now tomorrow go to the local Walmart, and get yourself some Smokie Mountain fake dip, lifesavers mints, chewing gum and some atomic fireballs.

Being an addict myself I could have driven, walked, rode, skipped to the local c store.

I am glad you are ashamed and I too hope you can come around but if you can cave that easy after some awesome quitters came out to support you I don't have the utmost in faith in you.

This has to be the worst excuse for a cave ever. I would love to hear the truth. Give me a break.
Some of the most badass quitters on this site reached out to you. You gave them your word. They offered their support. You played a video game and reached for a can that was at arms length and caved? This site is built on several core principles... Integrity, respect, support, honor.

Without honor, without integrity, and without respect, the support is meaningless. Actually, it is worse than meaningless. Because the time those badasses spent supporting you could have been spent supporting a quitter. I guess what I'm getting at is that you cave didn't just impact you, it impacted those that supported you and the quitters that didn't get the attention you received. What a shame.

Look deep within. Because if you have a can at arms length and a video game triggered a lack of integrity, you sure don't sound like a quitter to me. The best I can give you, until you change your quit value system, is this... Good luck.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2013, 04:06:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Adigg

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 12:44:00 AM »
The last dip I took was this exact same day a year ago. I read your intro and have been unimpressed. I am rooting for you because we share a common date, but you haven't proven to me you have what it takes. Women up and quit. No more bullshit emergency can excuses. You want to quit, post roll and keep your word. Either you are quit or you are not. Which one do you choose?

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »
So, I am ashamed. I was sitting and playing xbox. Grabbed my can (I thought was empty) and mindlessly put it in my mouth. 2 seconds later my daughter asked me what I thought I was doing. Spit it out and went through the house throwing all of my "emergency supply" out. Day 1 starts again. I have no excuse. I am pixxed at myself and I have too many people I could text or post here to have ANY reason why it happened. I have no more. I start NOW damnit! 'bang head'

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline TxTornadoinOK

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: wastepanel

Rule number 1 to quitting is never, ever, ever give yourself a chance to fail.  Why do you need a trophy can if you aren't going to use the stuff anymore?  And don't just throw it away.  Flush it.  Trust me.  I've dumpster dove before.  'puking'

Post day 1, and get to this quit.  No more fucking around.

Did it.  Yea, I threw it in with the cat litter I scooped.  Pretty damn desperate at times, but not THAT desperate.

Mogul, I screw up again, I will. Trust that.  I will do what it takes to get this damn chain off of me.
Did it. Yea, I threw it in with the cat litter I scooped. Pretty damn desperate at times, but not THAT desperate.

Mogul, I screw up again, I will. Trust that. I will do what it takes to get this damn chain off of me.
You couldn't even make it a day??? You THOUGHT your can was empty and "mindlessly" put it on your mouth....ahhh, ok. And I'm the Jolly Green giant.

Get serious about this please. We didn't just fall off the turnip truck. You don't reach for a can and put some cancer candy in your mouth on accident. Especially after you were on here much of the day, talking about your struggles.

I have serious doubts you have what it takes to quit. Sorry, I'm not gonna sugar coat things for you, because you're a girl.

You got a lot of solid support/advice today and you pissed it away.

Get your shit together. You want to quit, this is the place. You just have to follow the game plan.
Exactly how I feel right now. So you are an asshole. Good. Anyone who sugarcoats anything for me gets put in the ignore file. This is merged now. I was told to repost. Did it wrong, ok. All one now, I can re-read it. No cans for me to reach for. No damn excuses. Don't play the "girl" card, though. I don't need that. I was dumb enough to get into this mess, now I am going to get out of it. I am done. have what it takes? I guess I am going to find out. It is gonna suck. So be it. here I am. I am not going away so get used to it. Going to bed now. Posting roll call when I wake up. You are right, it DOES sound like bs, because it IS. I wouldn't believe anyone who told me either. Night all.
Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
You fucked up. You don't get to hit the "reset button" with a new intro. Hopefully a moderator will merge this into your original one soon. This needs to go in your quit history. One day, if your really do have what it takes to quit, you will look back at this and think, "that Diesel guy was a real asshole".
Looks like they did.

DO THIS!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »
You fucked up. You don't get to hit the "reset button" with a new intro. Hopefully a moderator will merge this into your original one soon. This needs to go in your quit history. One day, if your really do have what it takes to quit, you will look back at this and think, "that Diesel guy was a real asshole".
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
OK, Let's roll sister. You have my number I know. Use it if you need help. I'm sure there are others that will help. Reach out if you need too. Don't do this by yourself.

Chris