Author Topic: Day 1 intro  (Read 1088 times)

Offline whacko

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1 intro
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
Well sounds to me like your spouse doesn't have any faith in you that you can do this. Also sounds like you need to fucking prove her wrong! Reach down deep.........grow a bigger ball bag and just fucking do it. Dipping with the nic bitch doesn't take balls at all.......quitting DOES! Post roll.......get ready for a shitty fucking week.......once you get through the first week it gets.....better.......notice I didn't say easier.....but it does get better. Hang tough dude!

If you truly spit out your last lip turd this morning I can say I'm proud to be quit with you today!
EX ninja dipper!
Felt good to come clean on August 12, 2011

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Fyrguy33
Hey everyone, my name is Tim.  I quit on Tuesday the 25th but caved this morning.  I actually dug the can I threw away out of a nasty trash bag in the trash can outside my house this morning.  I felt like a transient searching for cans.  It didn't dawn on me until I got to work, just how ridiculous my addiction was.  I am ashamed that I am willing to dig through trash to get my fix.  I'm done.  I spit it out at 9am and I am now nicotine free. (I spread the rest of the can in the parking lot behind my station). I'm doing ok so far.  Seeds and mints are pretty steady.  I have a wife and 2 kids that I love very much.  I've chewed for 19 years about a can a day.  First 6 was Kodiak, then switched to Cope long cut.  Never went back.  Like so many others here, I can associate just about all 19 years of memory to having a dip.  That's pretty insane.  Maybe I should've quit when my then 2 year old son accidentally drank from an old spitter (thought that would've been instant divorce), but I kept going.  He's 5 now, and the other is 13.  Last night, after 36 hours without a dip, I was struggling and my wife told me she had zero sympathy for my withdrawals.  She said that she has already come to terms with the act that I am going to die young, it will be my own fault, and there is nothing she can do about it because I will never stop.  Thought that might have sealed my quit?  Nope, dug my can out of the trash 12 hours later.  So here I am.  Not because of anyone but myself.  You are now my only support.  I am scared to death that I won't see my kids grow up.  I am scared to death that I will leave my wife alone and on her own.  I am scared to die.  I see death almost every day.  I'm not ready for that.  I hope it's not too late.  I pledge to quit nicotine starting today March 27, 2014.  I will win.
you did not quit Tuesday and as for "I hope it's not too late" - if that's the best you've got it IS too late. dig deep and get ready to grow a big boy sack and a pair of balls to fill it because that's what this takes. read the welcome center if you haven't then post roll - any questions post em here. someone will take the time to answer.

EDIT - nice roll post - looks like you can't use today, you just gave me your word, you also gave it to yourself and everyone else here - you're a man of your word right?
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Fyrguy33

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
Hey everyone, my name is Tim. I quit on Tuesday the 25th but caved this morning. I actually dug the can I threw away out of a nasty trash bag in the trash can outside my house this morning. I felt like a transient searching for cans. It didn't dawn on me until I got to work, just how ridiculous my addiction was. I am ashamed that I am willing to dig through trash to get my fix. I'm done. I spit it out at 9am and I am now nicotine free. (I spread the rest of the can in the parking lot behind my station). I'm doing ok so far. Seeds and mints are pretty steady. I have a wife and 2 kids that I love very much. I've chewed for 19 years about a can a day. First 6 was Kodiak, then switched to Cope long cut. Never went back. Like so many others here, I can associate just about all 19 years of memory to having a dip. That's pretty insane. Maybe I should've quit when my then 2 year old son accidentally drank from an old spitter (thought that would've been instant divorce), but I kept going. He's 5 now, and the other is 13. Last night, after 36 hours without a dip, I was struggling and my wife told me she had zero sympathy for my withdrawals. She said that she has already come to terms with the act that I am going to die young, it will be my own fault, and there is nothing she can do about it because I will never stop. Thought that might have sealed my quit? Nope, dug my can out of the trash 12 hours later. So here I am. Not because of anyone but myself. You are now my only support. I am scared to death that I won't see my kids grow up. I am scared to death that I will leave my wife alone and on her own. I am scared to die. I see death almost every day. I'm not ready for that. I hope it's not too late. I pledge to quit nicotine starting today March 27, 2014. I will win.

Offline Fyrguy33

Day 1 intro
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »